xisto Community
greendilim

Help To Get Traffic For New Site submitting url to google?

How do these subdomains we get for free at free hosting companies like Xisto affect site position in search engines?Does url matter? Is it better, let' say, to have a site about dogs at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ rather then http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ heard that some free* hosting services (like tripod) autmaticaly include your newlly created site into search engines?!

Try a free version of a program called Web CEO. It's an SEO program, META tag editor, and a bunch of other tools in one neat little program. It crawls your website to see if you have meta tags, what they are, what your keywords are. It can compare your site with other top listed sites in the major search engines. It allows you to see what their meta tags are and copy paste them to yours. It runs reports and gives you detailed advice/tips on how to optimize your site, instructs you on how to do so. It submits your website to all major search engines to be crawled. All that for free. There are only a couple of functions that are disabled, but most of them are working. I did mine in a matter of like an hour. everything was pretty much all automated, and it's kind of fun, just watching your website get submitted in like under a minute to like 30 search engines.

Hi,

Just making a site and adding a robots text file to it won't do anything. The google crawler is just like a human in that someone has to tell it that you are on the web. This can be done by you submitting your home page using the link you mentioned or by having other sites linking to you, which means the other sites will be telling the Google crawler that you site is on the web. Well that's if they are already in Google of course.

Getting alot of good quality sites to link to yours will help to improve your search engine rankings. There are also alot of other things that will also improve your rankings.

aye there,
Just want to know the quickest and best way to start getting good ranks in google search engine. Im making a new site from scratch and i decided to use meta tags including the robots, index all tag. If i already have the robots tag on each of my pages, could i still submit my main URL to google and not worry about them ignoring it? or could i just leave my site as it is and google will automatcally send a spider crawl to my site and add it to their directory?.. im just confused about this all, i just want to get the most out of my site for more traffic. thnks.

146535[/snapback]

one question? how to you check page rank. Is it true that your page rank will be much lower if you are using a subdomain, cause I don't have my own domain name. Can these website still get very high hits? Regarding content, so much has been said but I doubt google actually looks into your content site by site and page by page, so how do you define good from bad content.

how do i force google to update my cached?

I submited my site to google a while ago, the only problem is they dont update all their caches. My site still has and old title, and old information written below the link. Now my site sells games, not technical support. My search keywords still are "technical support computer help" instead of "games"

When you update information on your site, it doesn't instantly propagate to Google's index. Rather, Google's index is updated after our robots crawl a page. The crawl process is completely automated, so it's not necessary to submit updated or outdated links to us. Changes to your site's content will be noted when we next crawl your pages. Due to the volume of sites in our index, we cannot manually update pages on an individual basis.

This was found in google's webmasters pages. IT explains that websites may not be updated on a regular basis, but the details of the pages will be updated when possible.

I had this problem myself, just remained active, posted newer links on popular forums and within like 48 hours, google had updated my links and title.

Hope this helps :huh:

there are good directories out there.what can be done is submission to google, msn and yahoosubsequently u can search for traffic exchanging sites.also search for local directories which are relevant for ur site.fo example my site ktkinfo.net.tc is about karnataka. therefore i selected karnataka web directories and submitted the url.now my site is at the top for the search string.also u can check keywords from a site offering similar data and include keywords relevant to ur site..if all this does not help then there are site optimisation tools which are available for a fee which can be bought and submission to over 40 different directories can be done

For those that do not know/understand much about SEO, I suggest you search the net for free e-books on SEO. I've actually been able to download two free e-books on this just lately on my other PC. It's easily/readily available on the net, all you have to do is just search. You will find it most helpful to learn from these free e-books. An understanding of SEO will aid you by providing you with know-how in increasing site traffic.

5 Steps to Increase your Page Rank

Help To Get Traffic For New Site

Google Page rank is based on back links. Back links are Links pointing to your website from another website. The more back links you have the higher your PR will be.

1. Join forums, forums are a great way to achieve links to your website. In most forums you are allowed to have a signature and in your signature you can put a link to your website. But another important note to look on is making sure the forum is somewhat related to your website. You will still get credit if it's not, but if it's related to your website than you will be accomplishing two tasks at once.

You will be advertising for your website (bringing in targeted traffic) You will also be building your websites presence.

Your websites presence is very important to your survival. The more people see, or hear about your website the more credibility you will have and this increases your chances of having these visitors come back and possibly become leads.

2. Submit to search engine directories. Search engine directories are a good way to get a free link to your website. They also increase your chances at being listed higher on popular search engines like Google, and overture.

Most search engine directories allow you to submit to their website for free. This will allow you to increase your web presence by being listed on another search engine, and it will also be a free link.

Remember the more links you have the higher your PR will be

3. Using ezine ads (or newsletters). Creating an ezine will probably be the most beneficial step you can take to increasing your web presence. When you create an ezine you will be able to keep visitors coming back to your website for more by using signatures and giving special deals.

Ezine's will also allow you to increase your back links. By creating an ezine you can submit your information about your ezine to an ezine directory. This directory will than link to your website(thus giving you a free link).

4. Creating and publishing articles. Articles are an easy source of generating new traffic. You can include your signature in your article. This will bring in more traffic from article submission directories.

Your signature usually consists of 4 to 8 lines. Usually the first line would be the title of the website that you are trying to advertise. The last line would be the link to the website and the lines in between these would be a sales pitch to draw your viewers into your website.

5. Links from related websites. Gaining links from related websites can be one of the most frustrating tasks you can attempt.

-reply by

Jinky Mesias

Infysolutions.Com

Everybody goes on about adding back links but who really needsall these irrelevant links on they're pages?I look at some of these sitesand they are eyesores with link after link to small time,never viewed internetdirectories . I think the bottom line is,if you really want heavy traffic then youhave to pay for it, and/or have a website that peoplewill want to visit. I submitted my sites to hundreds of directories last april,andthe traffic from them is nil so far. As far as metatags go,I think they're effect is minimal.The titletag appears to be much more important. Basically, have a site that people would like to see.If you don't have that you don't have anything.I'm trying too.It's not easy.

A good way to get good PageRanks is to get other sites to link to you. Preferably pages with good pageranks as well. Don't believe me? Google pagerank and find out how they work.

that is a good way. also too a link exchange is another. good meta tags are so a good way to increase traffice to your site.
With the 3 ways listed above you should be well on your way to have a good site. using these in the last 2 months My web hits have avg 200 a month.