xisto Community
twentyinches631

Listening To Music - Headphones Or Not

Before I answer I feel as though it's only right I say how brilliant I think this topic is, I believe it to be the best topic I have ever seen on Trap 17 to date - however I've only been a member for a short period.

Anyway I would definatly go with a good pair of big headphones that cover the entire ear with a warm comfy coating. I can't satdn those little horrid things which you have to stick in your ear holes - freinds pull them out for a joke - ha ha Etc.

But in my opinion theres nothing better than a pair of good headphones to listen to some good 60s music or some classical or folk or....

Chow for now

P.S Just love the topic

It's a tough decision...though headphones can't go as loud as speakers, or give you the "umph" that speakers can, they're still nice because they let you slip in and out of your own world. When I've got my headphones on, I don't care who's talking, and what they're talking about. But, speakers are amazing when you want good quality sound. I'm kind of in a mix...so i'm going to have to choose both of them.

Sure speakers are louder and have bass. But I can never fully enjoy my music with speakers loudly blaring and subwoofers thumping. The sound seems to get all distorted. With headphones, I always stumble on new parts or lyrics that I've never even noticed or heard before with speakers. I can focus on the music a lot better then if it was playing on speakers. Everyone has their opinion, so there's no wrong or right fffanatics. I happen to use headphones with everything, whether its gaming, audio/video editing, or just listening to music.

When I listed to music, it doesn't matter if I'm alone or with someone. If I have a date, then I'd play something, but if I'm on my own, I enjoy classical and rock.

I prefer head phones because my brother is always playing video games and i can't hear music from my computer. Problem is, my stero has no head phone jack >__< so... i'm foreced to listen to music without head phones... until i get a new stero set...

I use both headphones and speakers.I use speakers when I am alone or there isn't much background noise. I use these when I am at home.I use headphones when I am in a loud environment. I use them mainly for the bus rides to and from school and when I go on vacation.I am planning on getting some noise cancellation earphones. Is there any that you guys can recommend? My price range is $30-50.

Don't listening to music with headphones while riding man, it's dangerous!!By the way, i prefer speaker...simply because i hate having thing hanging around my ears or neck.

hmm... speakers are more comfortable... and someone else can also watch movie with you... and also you can hear if you get a phone call or somethin ;-)but generally i watch movies in night when everyone else is sleeping so i use headphones

When I'm at home, I prefer to listen to music through speakers. They're more comfortable...headphones tend to hurt my ears after a while for some reason (and it's not because I turn my music up really loud :rolleyes:) Plus, I like being able to listen to music with more than one person, which you can do easily with speakers.When I'm not at home though, or when I'm listening to music at night when everyone else in the house is asleep, I use headphones. They're just convenient for times like that when you don't want to disturb anyone else.

I have a Mp3-Player with integrated HDD. So I Have the choice of listening to music on little in-ear-phones or the big, real headphones. When I'm at the University and I have time to do something on my own, I prefer listening to music with the little earphones, because I can take them with me, and they are not so big at all. But the quality isn't as good as when I'm listening to music with big headphones. Their quality is the best (actually better that speakers), because I have one with each 2 speakers on each side. When I watch a movie on the TV I prefer my 5.1 Sourround sound system because the feeling of being in the middle of the movie is better then. All in all I have to say that its just a question about what each persons likes to have. I mean that we cannot say that for example headphones are the best...

When I am at home I always use the speakers... more frequently the computer?s ones the last years.But I?m always listening to music with the discman/mp3 when I?m outside, on the bus, on the train, walking by the streets... you discover more hidden details of the songs production when you listen to them with hphones and you also get differente emotions out from that songs as they are with you in the day-life, living it with you in some way.

Usualy at work, and at my home, I use speakers, but if I dolisten to music at night, when everyone is sleeping, I put myheadphones on.Just a few nights ago, I listened to music late at night, and Iturned up the volume.. I think I was deaf for few hours afterthat :DBoth headphones and speakers have their advantages anddisadvantages.. Use them at your own discretion.. :D

i like speakers, because it seems i can't tolerate the sound of high music (you know with tons of volumen) and i don't like too much headphones it can makes my ears catch an infection or an acumulation of cerumen xDD

i use both headphones and speakers .. both are with good sound quality .. the disadvantage of using headphone is that you couldnt hear any other voice or sound with the headphone on your head ... sometimes i didnt even realize someone has gotten in my room .. so for this reason i'll use a speaker instead .. but when you wan some privacy and do not want anyone to disturb you .. a headphone is a must :P

If I'm listening to music in my bedroom, then it would be through speakers, but if I'm listening to music on the plane or in the train with my MP3 player, then it would be headphones, it all depends on the situation.I prefer speakers (up loud) it gives such a cool sound, headphones can be great aswell though.