xisto Community
twentyinches631

Listening To Music - Headphones Or Not

Got to be headphones, especially when I'm in a mood, or worse in a college class, although my ICT teachers cool he doesnt mind. I like the way that you can just block out the rest of the world with headphones, also I like to turn it right up and cause long term damage to my hearing, I will however use the speakers when the house is empty and turn it all the way up, to annoy my nieghbourghs (thats probably spelt wrong), they play awful dance rubbish (sorry dance fans) and I like to enlighten them with Deep Purple, but overall I prefer the louder and I think cleaner sound that headphones offer.

When you are listening to music, by yourself (if other people are around or not...doesn't matter)... but not at like a party or in a car when you are listening allong with other people etc... do you prefer headphones or speakers.

For me I would much rather have headphones on. It seems like a better experience to me, because I kind of slip into my own world and it really helps me relax. I don't get that with speakers. Headphones block everything else out, and all that is left is the music and me. I especially like riding (bmx) with my headphones on. It's the best feeling in the world for me.

So, headphones or speakers when listening to your fav tunes?

145973[/snapback]

When I'm alone, riding my bike, on the bus, or when I need to be quiet, I use headphones. Otherwise I like to blast it on the speakers and sing along with it. Nothing like hearing it from all sides on a quadraphonic or surround set-up. :D

a word of caution ..... I've used headphones, usually at high volume, since I was knee high to a grasshopper.... consequently, I'm now as deaf as a post ..... watch the sound level folks .... xx

Can you s...s....s...s...s...s...Sub Woofer. I luv feeling the vibrations when my feet are on the ground. And since its in the basement my parents have no problem with it. And I like my music projected throughout my basement. Headphones are limited in distance and you can't dance with them. The wires get in the way and sometimes you forgot you got headphones on and....well you know what happens.Long time use of headphones can give you this temporary thing(can't remember the name). The "temporary thing" is when you take the headphones off after a long usage time you will hear a ringing noise. Only times I use headphones is when I go running or studying at the library. And I try to keep it short, cuz I don't like having a ringing noise in my ears when I am trying to sleep. Well, thats my 2 cents.

Dont use Headphones excessively.

1 hour of usage is enough to increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times. (Its a fact)

146019[/snapback]

Do you believe everything you are told?

Anyway, I prefer to use headphones when on the computer at school and speakers (stereo) at home.

When there's no one else around, like I'm home alone or only one of my brothers is home, I prefer speakers. But when everyone is home, I have to use earphones, anyways. No one appreciates my music. But sometimes, if you have it too loud and people try talking to you, you don't hear them with earphones. But I still like earphones. I use them 85% of the time.

When there's no one else around, like I'm home alone or only one of my brothers is home, I prefer speakers. But when everyone is home, I have to use earphones, anyways. No one appreciates my music. But sometimes, if you have it too loud and people try talking to you, you don't hear them with earphones. But I still like earphones. I use them 85% of the time.

150402[/snapback]

Same here. I prefer headphones when I'm around people so they can't listen to what's I'm listening to. When I'm by myself, however, I just let the speakers blare as loudly as possible.