xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tidal 258

Best final fantasy game Best final fantasy game

what is the best ff game  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Final Fantasy VII By far! Best RPG I've ever played! Also can't wait to play Dirge of Cerburus (sp?) Vincent Valentine forever!

I personally think FF 7 has the best story and gameplay.FF 9 was a great mixture of the old and new. FFX was visually stunning and can involve strategy in the battles, but it was very linear.

I find Final Fantasy 8 to be the best FF in the series. The story was great, the graphics were amazing, the bosses and monsters were challenging, and the junction system was really different from the other ability systems in other FF games. After that, the order of my favourite FFs are FF7, FF9 and FF Tactics. I own the ones before FF7, but I haven't played them much. I haven't played the ones for PS2, and I probably won't either.

In my humble opinion, I think that Final Fantasy 7 was the best Final Fantasy. it had it all. Awesome mini games, a sweet story line, excelent battle system, really cool "materia" skill system, and the most fun Chocobo minigames out of all Final Fantasy.FF7 is not my favourite though. I didnt really enjoy the whole "materia" system, the graphics were bad and it seemed dull to me, because I played FF8 first. My favourite is FF9. Sure its linear, but I had the most fun with its Card game, the characters and bringing back the pseudo-class system we all loved in the early Final Fantasy games. The 4 player battle system was quite a change of pace from FF7 and 8. I found myself leveling up all my characters and playing with each one, unlike in 7 and 8 where Id pick the best/my favourites and use them.But... My vote goes to FF7 as it was the "best" Final Fantasy game.

I like FF7 a lot as well, loved the materia system, the makers had such a great idea coming up with that and the chocobo races and other mini-games are well fun as well, I kept doing the motorbike and snowboarding one over and over again in that place where you can play mini-games. But however, I still stand my my vote of ff9 being the best ff around, it has tetra master and I love the system in the game, like how you level up, get moves and magic, that stuff. And I loved doing the chocobo side-quest in that game, it was one of the best things ever. For me I would say ff9 is the best, then 10, and after that comes 7. FF7 has best story and also has joint best gameplay with ff9 and 10, mini-game wise, ff7 and 9 are joint and graphics wise, ff10 owns. They're all great ffs. As for those people who like ff8...I do like the junction system and gameplay but I think the story lets it down, and should have been a bit better, however the card game was good on that, not as good as the ff9 one though. Holy Hedgehog, you will pay for the accusal of me liking ffx-2, oh yes you will! :)

I like FF7 a lot as well, loved the materia system, the makers had such a great idea coming up with that and the chocobo races and other mini-games are well fun as well, I kept doing the motorbike and snowboarding one over and over again in that place where you can play mini-games. But however, I still stand my my vote of ff9 being the best ff around, it has tetra master and I love the system in the game, like how you level up, get moves and magic, that stuff. And I loved doing the chocobo side-quest in that game, it was one of the best things ever. For me I would say ff9 is the best, then 10, and after that comes 7.  FF7 has best story and also has joint best gameplay with ff9 and 10, mini-game wise, ff7 and 9 are joint and graphics wise, ff10 owns. They're all great ffs. As for those people who like ff8...I do like the junction system and gameplay but I think the story lets it down, and should have been a bit better, however the card game was good on that, not as good as the ff9 one though.

Holy Hedgehog, you will pay for the accusal of me liking ffx-2, oh yes you will!  :D

71041[/snapback]

What is the actual story line in ff7 can someone fill me in... :o I have heard all of these great things about it and as i do not own the game i would love to acctually know what you lot talk about when you say the story line kicks! :D

I am sorry about accusing you of liking ffx-2 got you mixed up with... Nuclear Pyro! :D

Tyhe skiping mini game in ff9 can not be beaten by anything in the world it rocks... and also the dueling one in which i got 100 out of 100 second try right oblivion! :D

Well to summarise very generally, there's an evil corporation called Shinra who's extracting power from the planet (life stream or sommat - it's also where Materia comes from). You, as Cloud, are a former employee, and at the beginning joined a bunch of rebels/terrorists/environmentalists who wanna stop this. You gradually find out more about the real truth behind the planet, and the mysterious Sephiroth, who was the strongest soldier ever known, and his connection to the planet, to Cloud etc.Don't want to really spoil it by explaining in greater detail - though I must say you really have to pay attention, and read theories/stories on the net, as it really is about as clear as mud to understand, as intricate as it is.:o I could never do well in that darn skipping game in FF9. I swear I spent over an hour just doing it, but not getting over 10.

What is the actual story line in ff7 can someone fill me in...  :o  I have heard all of these  great things about it and as i do not own the game i would love to acctually know what you lot talk about when you say the story line kicks! :D

I am sorry about accusing you of liking ffx-2 got you mixed up with... Nuclear Pyro! :D

The skiping mini game in ff9 can not be beaten by anything in the world it rocks... and also the dueling one in which i got 100 out of 100 second try right oblivion! :D

130458[/snapback]

Yeah...still don't know how you managed to do that...ah well Cool Freaker just explained pretty much what you should know, but it does seriously get ana amzing story line later on...I kinda liked the story at the beginning too, hehehe, it was fun blowing up those reactors :D

I had to reset the console at one point because I did not understand what the hell they were going on about...

lol, my highest skipping score was about 70, all I got for it was a damn cactuar card! Ah well, it was a decent card.

Well to summarise very generally, there's an evil corporation called Shinra who's extracting power from the planet (life stream or sommat - it's also where Materia comes from). You, as Cloud, are a former employee, and at the beginning joined a bunch of rebels/terrorists/environmentalists who wanna stop this. You gradually find out more about the real truth behind the planet, and the mysterious Sephiroth, who was the strongest soldier ever known, and his connection to the planet, to Cloud etc.

Don't want to really spoil it by explaining in greater detail - though I must say you really have to pay attention, and read theories/stories on the net, as it really is about as clear as mud to understand, as intricate as it is.

:D I could never do well in that darn skipping game in FF9.  I swear I spent over an hour just doing it, but not getting over 10.

130468[/snapback]

Sounds pretty descent... adding that to the list of games that i need to play! :D

You must acctually suck at the skipping game to only get 10...:D... then again i did not get much better than oblivion :D

How good isn the twist at the end.., is it one of those crappy predictable twists or a cool unexpected twist (like that Tidus is acctually a dream of the fayth) :o

I've only played Final Fantasy VII (actually, my brother played it and I watched him play) and I loved it! The chocobos rock. And the characters are the best... Although I remember crying when Aeris died hehe. But the story was very good too. My brother had to explain it to me though... I was just a kid! But I remember it as a great game. It was also very long so you could stay entertained for a long time. Hmm now that I think about it, I want to play it. :(

ok im going to close this post due to the fact their are several other topics about the final fantasy series. use the search option.