xisto Community
alexia

What Desktop Resolution Do You Run On?

Notebook LCD1024x728Currently at 32-bit depth for colour, makes the Windows gray toolbars and stuff look slightly brownish. After reading about how 32-bit slows down many old computers (my computer's a Pentium II), I might consider changing to 16- or 24-bit.

Using Hansol 520F 15 inch TFT display 1024*768@32bits colours. Great display, just love it.

Alexia, 1280x1024@15' LCD?? No way.

145264[/snapback]

Way! ViewSonic VG510S 15" is native 1280 x 1024.

So I think you need to give up your preconceptions.

Soon you'll be telling us that their are not 64 bit graphic engines either.

I run @ 1280x1024 on a LG Flatron L1715S LCD DisplayMy machine is currently running SuSE Linux 10.0 and rarely Windoze.For my laptop:I run @ 1024x768 on a Samsung NV 5000 laptop LCD screen.My laptop currently running on PC-BSD 1.0 rc2 (no Windoze)xboxrulz

1280x102419' LCD

I've got 1080 x 1024 running at the moment on my 19 in monitor. I just recently got it, and am very pleased at the amount of room it has compared to my old laptop. The old reason I chose this setting, was because I was trying to find one that looked like the same size of the start menu bar along the bottom as my laptop, because I was used to it, but I have so much extra desktop space now, I love it!

1280x1024x32 on an old Sceptre 17" CRT monitor...It's kinda tiny, but it gives me lots of room to work with when I'm doing graphics.NOTE: But at higher resolutions, the graphics themselves are smaller, so you get less detail overall. Depends on what you're working with, I guess. Templates/splashes/touchups don't need a whole lot of detail.

1024 X 768TFT LCD32bit Colormy laptop doesnt show high Resolution My laptop is A2 Asus ! with 32MB VGA i dont know ASUS laptop websitei want upgrade my driver , plz if you know source of asus laptop website tell me thanks

I'm running on 1152x864 with 32 bit color (16 bit sometime when I want my pc to run faster). I think I will increase more if I can because I set frequency to 75Hz, if I use resolution more than 1152x864 the frequency that my monitor can be supported will not reach to 75Hz and downed to 60Hz, 60Hz make me hurt my eyes when sitting in front of my PC for a long time but 75Hz not, it's the reason that I use 1152x864 resolution.

I'm running on 1280x1024 with 32 bit color on a 17" TFT monitor.When you start at that res. it's a bit tiny but after a while you get used to it.On A TFT you can set a higher resolution then on a CRT because the image is more stable.I'm using the same res. 1280x1024 on a 19" CRT, it's a bit bigger, but the the TFT is more stable.The refresh rate on my CRT is 85 Hz, on a TFT you don't see much difference (maybe if you are playing games ? ).