xisto Community
alexia

Coding Your Sites ? Coding your sites

I first started out like 6 years ago when i was in junior high, I did the rookie thing and used lots of frames. Then I moved into tables, and I'm still a huge fan of them. I remember when everyone used tables for everything. I havent done much designing in the past 3 years or so though, so I didn't break too much into using CSS to control layouts. Apparently thats the thing to do now, so I guess I'll have to learn. Theres seems to be a huge arguement over whats better. I still think tables are safer for browser compatability, which makes me tend to stick with them.Then asside from the HTML stuff I experimented a lot this year and learned javascript, asp (VBscript), and perl. So I'm definitely starting to incorporate those. More perl than anything. Recently I made a tool to randomly assign party jobs for my fraternity. It also lets you make specific assignments before the script runs. I'm also trying to write my own scripts for everything like form mail, and banner rotation etc instead of using the free ones online, so I learn more that way.

Did this guy just straight out copy 21inches post or is there something screwy going on with the board? Because the post that's at the top of page 1 is also at the top of page 2 and I saw a similar thing happen in another thread.
If it's a copy, for shame. :D
As for the question, I've been doing all XHTML & CSS design (no tables) for the last couple of years. As a couple of people have mentioned, CSSZenGarden is the perfect example of the power of CSS. I actually submitted a design to it last year but unfortunately, you can't see what it looks like anymore because my submission's got bad links to my images/CSS files which means all you get is a plain white page with some text on it. :D

I Make : At First I Design In HTML format and then i include php functionsIts Really Easy And Fast For Design PHPIF You Make Template at photoshop use this style1 - edit your template in photoshop2 - get table in photoshop3 - open html editor and put table in page4 - past picture in tabels5 - edit your texts and objects6 - put php functions7 - save your file in .php formatThats All for design with php and html and photoshop

I use in wml inside a php file, but I mainly copy and paist from other scripts because i've just started to learn this stuff and my site isn't too wonderful aswel. I can edit the hinds leg of a donkey (I hop thats right :P ) PHP all the way! :)

i build wap/mobile sites so i use php/wml/xhtml/mysql but sometimes use text file database for some scripts. You can see examples or download some of my scripts on my wap site :-)

i build wap/mobile sites so i use php/wml/xhtml/mysql but sometimes use text file database for some scripts. You can see examples or download some of my scripts on my wap site :-)

Hi waapy! Like wappy I build wap/mobile sites,I use php,html,cgi,wml,mysql and asp.Im known as one of the best coder's wap's got to offer.I also got knownlodge on web building but I'm still learning.Im very good on all code langueges that I code in.