xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Spectre

Firefox Vs. Internet Explorer We get the picture

I agree with you, it seems the people really into computers etc always use Firefox and give you a lecture on why it is "better" than Internet Explorer. I personally use Internet Explorer, as I find it more easy to use, and it supports more features, where as coding a site so it is compatable completly with Firefox can sometimes be some what difficult.

156277[/snapback]

Do you want to know why coding for Firefox is so much more difficult? That's because Firefox is Standards Compliant. That means that Firefox will render pages just like the W3 tells them it should. For you that don't know what the W3 is, go here: http://www.ostrick.com/w3enom.html . In short, the W3 makes sure that there is a standard for HTML, CSS, etc, is rendered the same accross all browsers. If your website works pefectly on Internet Explorer, and not on Firefox, then your code is broken. It's as simple as that. Microsoft has a tendency to not play nice with any other campanies, and forget about them working with someone else's guidelines. Internet Explorer has much-much fewer features than Firefox, due to Firefox's Extensions-system. You can literally go to https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/ and download thousands of different plugins for Firefox that let it do just about anything you would ever want a browser to do. Not to be an *bottom*, but it's because of lazy programmers like you that the horribleness of Internet Explorer is perpetuated.

I personally don't like Firefox, I use Opera, but I do recognize that Firefox is better than Internet Explorer.

I am growing tired of how about 65% of threads that were originally started to express something else entirely somehow wind up being a 'Why FireFox is so much better than Internet Explorer' thread. Unless it has been specifically asked, no one particularly wants to know about which browsers of the two you prefer to use, nor how FireFox contains some feature that is totally better than what something else does - and believe it or not, using FireFox doesn't make you any better or any more intelligent than someone who uses Internet Explorer (I use neither), and trying to belittle them on these grounds alone just makes you look foolish.

So please, stop turning everything into a heated discussion of whether or not you like FireFox or any of its extensions. I think we all get the picture. There are various threads around that have been started especially for that purpose, and if you can't find one, start your own. But just stop robbing everyone else of their right to discuss anything other than browsers.

-Spectre.

144662[/snapback]

:P I think that the admin. made it pretty clear for all the people, why are you people still talking about this? B)

No need to get angry, just asking. B)

OK, that's it!! I refused to get into a Nerdy arguement about IE and Firefox, but let me say MY opinion. I have a 32bit Pentium 4 4.2GHz processor. Intel., 1.5GB of ram, High Speed Broadband internet connection. Brand new machine. Now, let me say something about IE and Firefox. FIREFOX infact, in most cases, is slower then IE. Its less efficient with its pathetic excuse for a download manager, and the thing is... both IE and Firefox are good. If your some Computer wiz who wants to modify his software, have plugins and feel special by having a different browser, then Firefox is for you. If you want a SIMPLE, Basic and Quick way to just browse the Internet then use IE.You know what browser is said to be Superior aswell? Opera. Heck, its download manager, and enhanced network speed and advanced, efficient side bars make it better and more complex then both firefox and IE. Does it make it better? Of course not! Different people have different ways they want to browse the internet.Sorry, I had to get that off my chest.

No need to get angry, just asking.            :D

Then the admin should've known better to start a topic like this. In my experience on forums, whenever you start a thread that complains about something, it inevitably ends up being about the very thing you were complaining about in the first place.

for myself after installing mozilla firefox, I definately stick with firefox as my default internet browser. the reason I personally like firefox is that it has really powerful and barebone extension software to do all the scriptings that can block advertisements or any unhealthy scripts on websites. well, I use and install only ChromEdit (a simple user profile file editor), and blocking advertisement codes is needed for sure!

We all know firefox rocks... its great! since i installed it, ive lost 20 pounds! :) (i mean of weight, not uk money hehe)

What does the first post in the thread say?

So please, stop turning everything into a heated discussion of whether or not you like FireFox or any of its extensions. I think we all get the picture.

And what have half the people decided to post about? How great firefox is. Any future "I love firefox coz I do" posts in this topic will be deleted.

[hr=noshade][/hr]

Offenders:

-- alicabektas

[hr=noshade][/hr]

Anyone else want their name added to this list?

Edited by cmatcmextra (see edit history)

I have both Internet Explorer and FireFox installed. But, also, I installed Opera at my Laptop. Opera is different. It has different organization of use, different views.Two months ago I installed OffByOne browser. It's really small, of course it does not have full capabilities as Internet Explorer, FireFox have, but - It's more safe and secure. How? Simply - it does not take all the worms and troians from every single site one visited. Internet Explorer obviously got the "feature" of "pasting to itself" everything bad from all the sites one visit, and that was the reason for SP2 in Windows XP. Unfortunately, the SP2 has it's problematical "advantages", I mean - it has it's benefits, but also - it has number of problematical "details".

i heard that there's one super fire fox ? or some kind like this ? i forget the site for it, wondering is it better then the firefox itself ?

157538[/snapback]

I just downloaded Firefox for the first time, I have to say i FREAKIN LOVE IT! just for the fact you can tab your windows! thats awsome! thats worth the switch from IE to firefox alone! Not to mention its basic....i like that about it. its just all around awsome! i havent found a flaw in it yet.

I have a question for all Mozilla Firefox users. I've recently noticed that when I start Photoshop and open couple of pages using mozilla firefox, my computer starts to slow down and lag. It is not the PC problem (AMD 2000, 512Mb Fresh win xp). I first thought that the reason is my photoshop that makes my computers lag, because sometimes I draw web templates that have hundreds of layers and would take some time to load even on good computers. But recently I checked the task bar and realized that firefox process thread takes about 40-70% of the processor load. I wasn't quite sure why is it happening. Maybe firefox has some known issues with compatibility with Photoshop, or maybe it just needs an upgrade?