xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Oblivion 9999

Computer Not Working

(Sorry if I posted in the wrong place but I wasn't sure where to put this, move the topic if in wrong place, thanks).I have this random problem with my pc, and it randomly happened. I turned off my computer normally at night and came back the next day. I tried turning on the computer and it came up with something saying like windows could not open and came up with choices. Either I start the comp in safe mode, safe mode with prompt, with the setting that last worked best, or just start normally. None of them work! It comes up with the loading xp thing, (the logo with the three bars moving across the big bar, you know, the three bars can be blue or green depending on home edition or proffesional version xp) and then it keeps stopping at one point and then restarts and comes up with the choices of how to open my computer again and whatever choice I choose, it just restarts again. I dunno whats wrong with it, if any of you know what it is and how to sort it out please reply :lol: (And for you people who are wondering how I made this post, I'm using a school computer)

Could you tell us more about your computer? How old is it? Either you put it together or a brand name of your computer? What are the specifications (it doesn?t matter but it?s nice to know)? And when was the first time it started to happen?But for now, I?m guessing that your hard-drive is ready to go. When Windows cannot load necessary files to start your GUI Windows, it?s either the files are corrupted, or perhaps your recent installation of a hardware (or sometimes a software with proprietary driver) will cause it to restart. Let us know more and maybe some expert can reply it back to you.

Well my computer is a new model and I just bought it about half a year ago. It wasn't put together by me, I just bought it and the brand is 'PHILIPS'(I didn't know they even made computers before, but it is quite decent). It started happening about a day ago and like I said, it happened randomly. And about the software and hardware thing, it comes up with that message, like my computer may have just had some new software or hardware installed so I have to choose one of the choices like 'start windows normally'. But the thing is I haven't and it also comes up under that software/hardware message that maybe my comp shut itself down to protect files from harm, but I turned it off myself and properly. I'm guessing the files are corrupted but I don't know. Please help.

it wouldn't be the first time a brand-new hard drive decides to quit. i would suggest to piggyback that hard drive on another computer, save the stuff you need on the host, and then reformat the drive. then see if it still causes problems. at least this way it safe rather than sorry, and you won't run the risk of losing your files.

Yeah I suppose, thanks a lot. By the way, does this sorta thing just happen randomly and get corrupted or could it be the work of something evil, like a virus or something.

Yeah I suppose, thanks a lot. By the way, does this sorta thing just happen randomly and get corrupted or could it be the work of something evil, like a virus or something.

143611[/snapback]

i've had both situations. power surges that fried the hard disk boot sector, and viruses that destroyed the boot part of my hard disk.

I highly reccomend making a boot disk, mabie that will help.If that dosent work, try getting new ram. Sometimesif a few chips die in that ram card, you get less memory and windows can't load itself onto the ram. Also, it could be the fact that you need a boot-disk, or a network or some external source to boot, like at my school.

umm,the problem maybe your harddrive because safe mode doesnt work or really some relative system files of your pc were error.you'd better to check your harddisk and before that try to recovery your system with recovery CD to fix those files(generally,prefetch files error cause for the shutdown innormally). :lol:

Hi Oblivion 9999,
Some good advice in the previous posts.
What you need to do first is get a "boot disk" & see if you can get your computer to start up to DOS.
You can get a bootdisk here http://www.allbootdisks.com/

If you can get it to startup at all... then your pretty much sure that it's a problem with:
1) the hard drive is failing OR
2) Windows OS is corrupted >> try the 'repair" option from the install CD.[backup you HD first - put it in another computer & get your stuff off of it]
3) other software is messing with Windows >> remove any newly installed "drivers", if you can get to them.

If you can't get it to startup at all using the "bootdisk" .. then there's some other problem with the hardware (ie. power supply, CPU, motherboard etc.).

If you need more help with troubleshooting.. you can check out the tutorial at my website.
Hope this helps
RGPHNX

(Sorry if I posted in the wrong place but I wasn't sure where to put this, move the topic if in wrong place, thanks).

I have this random problem with my pc, and it randomly happened. I turned off my computer normally at night and came back the next day. I tried turning on the computer and it came up with something saying like windows could not open and came up with choices. Either I start the comp in safe mode, safe mode with prompt, with the setting that last worked best, or just start normally. None of them work! It comes up with the loading xp thing, (the logo with the three bars moving across the big bar, you know, the three bars can be blue or green depending on home edition or proffesional version xp) and then it keeps stopping at one point and then restarts and comes up with the choices of how to open my computer again and whatever choice I choose, it just restarts again. I dunno whats wrong with it, if any of you know what it is and how to sort it out please reply :rolleyes:

(And for you people who are wondering how I made this post, I'm using a school computer)

143582[/snapback]

I think the most efficient way is to reinstall your computer

this can solve most of the problem