xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
spawn_syxx9

Star Wars 3 Breaks Records.. And Already Pirated! oh yeah its true

Dude.. that is hilarious. From what I heard on KGO newstalk 810AM. Apparently not only did Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith happen to break records, be debuted on my dad's birthday (yes my dad was born on May 19th and we had a damn good party for him) but apparently it has already been found online for sale and on sale in Mexico on DVD for $5 U.S. and it is in pretty damn good quality. All I can say to that is wow.

i went today to watch the movie and OMGWTFWTHL33T is GREAT! i loved it! Anakin looked so handsome and ewan mcgregor too *o*, today i watched the Episode VI so now im like in some star wars heaven hehe, the part the i most liked was:

[ EPISODE III SPOILER!]

Highlight to read the spoiler

the first one was, when anakin killed the little jedis apprentices in the jedi temple WAAHHH T_T, the second one was when anakin hurted padm? and the third one was when obi-wan-kennobi yelled at him (when his burning the hell out of him ><) "YOU WHERE THE CHOSEN ONE! YOU WHERE SUPPOSED TO DESTROY THE SITHS! NOT JOIN THEM! YOU WHERE LIKE MY BROTHER!"

[/EPISODE III SPOILER!]

Notice from snlildude87:
Made the spoiler background black. Highlight it to see.
Edited by snlildude87 (see edit history)

It is true it has been pirated already lol. Dont know if its a copy of the one found online but i did find it on offer for free while looking at a warez site (Not going to say which one as its against the rules, Sorry). It was also being sold at a local computer faire i went to the other day. So lol how the h*** did someone manage to copy it before it was even out at the picturs here in th UK?? LOL amazes me

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Moderated a word.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

So lol how the h*** did someone manage to copy it before it was even out at the picturs here in th UK?? LOL amazes me

143078[/snapback]

Before the official launch of the movie, almost all big Hollywood directors would send out ?For Your Consideration? copies to a few selected panel members. They will also provide ?Private Screening? session in some secret location (lol I don?t know, really). You recall the big controversy with Mel Gibson?s The Passion of The Christ? They invited Catholic Priests and Jewish Rabbis and were commenting on the film even before the release date? I am going to assume that along the line of these fore mentioned processes, someone took an advantage and made it happen. Sometimes one or more of these panel members will throw away the ?For Your Consideration? copy and some low-life dumpster-diver will find it and sell it. ?For Your Consideration? copies are also used to promote for Oscar nomination process.

Very insightful story Buffalo. Back in college, one of the guys that lived in my dorm was well known for getting bootlegged copies of movies that where not even out in theaters. Now I know how he was getting them.

How do h* do pirates do that? Do they just sneak in a super mini video camera or something? Or are movie houses in cahoots with the piraters? Maybe pirates have a payroll in major movie production companies. Buying bootleg copies is better than buying original ones because the latter is way to expensive in Asia you could buy 10 Mcdonald's hamburgers with it. Anyway, I won't watch any newly released if movie I don't like it but I want to know what happens to Anakin. I hope Star Wars don't disappoint just like the Matrix.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Moderated a word.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

oh my.. They always do that, it kind of loses SO MUCH money.. I don't like star wars and I've seen about 20 minutes of the first one when I was really little and that's about it.

Oh man?I cannot believe what I saw. Listen everybody; I like freebies just like the next person. But this pirated Star Wars III went over the line! Yesterday, I saw this infamous pirated Star Wars III and I think I know how THE copy was made. By-the-way, I turned the copy in along with the person who had in the possession, who made several copies and selling them, to the proper authorities. I don?t like being a snitch but this was outrageous.The possible scenario would have been this. This pirated copy had what?s called the IC edit time line. This is what directors and editors use to splice films in the old ways. It appears (usually) at the bottom of the screen running the entire width. This is also used to time the sound dubbing and adding music scores. The unfinished movie with this time line would be projected on to a huge screen and the entire orchestra would be placed in the same room, watching and playing back the soundtrack according to the time stamp.Well, the only way the pirated copy had this time stamp would have been during the film development/transfer process. After shooting the movie and finish editing, it needs to be in the medium of film reels otherwise your local movie theatre cannot project it on to the silver screen. I am going to assume that some intern/scumbag decided to take the opportunity during the color proofing process to dub the entire movie. That is just wrong! Lukas sends his most valuable possession (probably a part of his considerable savings) to this film development company and some scum-of-the-earth decided to make a copy?Grrrrr! :lol: I hope they catch that person/people!

I am not surprised. Many releases actually get on the scene before the actual release. If my memory did not fail me, Warcraft III and the Matrix were released before their debut on the market. The one on the scene is only a workprint, released by a group called VISA and fixed by IND, which is only 1.2GB in size. The size itself is dubious. I wonder whether it contains the whole movie or not, or whether the bitrate is adjusted to a very low level. The DVD version will get out very soon. Perhaps as an Asian silver or something.

yeah, thats really scum to pirate movies.. I mean if people are so cheap + lazy to not get their *bottom* of their comp chair and pay 8$ for a ticket.. comnIt was well worth the 8$, and I hope these guys get caught!

I am in the Philippines and we are one of those countries which already have the pirated DVD copys of Star Wars Episode 3 the day after the first screen. I am not proud of course. I still prefer to watch films on big screen at theaters. there's nothing equal than feeling the whole movie house with the Dolby Digital system. The Movie house fee in the Philippines is very much affordable and reasonable but people still but those pirated copies, maybe because their whole family could watch the fild for the price of 1 seat at the movie house. the pay for a seat at a movie house could be as low as 50Pesos or around US$1 here. and a pirated DVD is around US$1.50.

Wow, i cant believe they got pirated copies out that soon. But i did expect there to be pirated copies. Another thing i cant get over is that they are selling it for as low as $1.50, although, i would much rather go to the theater because it is simply alot better

It was a very good movie with bad acting. I agree with Liquid-Fusion, it would be good if they get caught. Lucas is going to lose millions I'm sure due to the pirated material. I saw the preview of people getting these illegal copies on the news. It's unfortunate, but it happens. Most of the profits from the movies does not come from the priviews, but the toys. :rolleyes: