xisto Community
dspencer

How To Detect And Remove Mp3 Duplicates Software for search mp3 duplicates on hard disk

Audio Dedupe - Duplicate Mp3 FinderHow To Detect And Remove Mp3 Duplicates

Audio Dedupe - Duplicate MP3 Finder

Audio Dedupe is an innovative tool that can recognize duplicate audio files even if they are stored in different file formats and are not marked with ID3 tags.Supports MP3, MP2, MP1, MPA, WAV, OGG, AIFF, AAC, MP4, FLAC, AC3, WavPack (WV), Musepack (MPC) and Windows Media Audio (WMA) file formats

-reply by Liam

Best Duplicate RemoverHow To Detect And Remove Mp3 Duplicates

Duplicate Finder 2009 works great for me... It finds and remove duplicate mp3 files and wma files.

Posted Image

/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi

-reply by dupes

Recently I've discovered an interesting tool called Phelix, it seems to be a successor of a freeware Seek & Destroy Music Duplicates. Phelix is unique in one feature: it actually identifies duplicates by listening to music. How it works, I don't know, but it's surprisingly fast (from the aspect of fact that it is obviously processing mp3 audio). Lots of zombie-duplicates have been found, invisible for conventional tag-matchers (50 in my master collection of 3000 songs). Tool selects also songs with sound similarities. Conventional tag-matcher is powerful and very fast. I don't know if there is any better music dupe-killer currently on the market.

I've been using only Duplicate Files Deleter and it works for both mp3's and other music file extensions.

Currently i am using Vistanita duplicate finder, which not only find duplicate mp3 files but also detect many other file formats. If we find a large number of duplicate files and do not have that much time to rectify what to delete, we are able to save the session and resume deletion work later in any free time.

Thanks for sharing your "How To Detect And Remove Mp3 Duplicates" tips information, if you are getting to a point where the duplicates are no longer going unnoticed and you are having errors and problems with your system then, I would recommend performing and Disk Clean-up and Disk De-fragment. These utilities can be found in the System Tools area. They will reduce the problems that are being caused by your duplicates.Best regardsVicky Milza

Edited by moderator (see edit history)

Many software programs can help you detect and remove duplicate MP3 files from your hard drive. Here are a few popular options:

1: Duplicate Cleaner: Duplicate Cleaner is a popular tool for finding and removing duplicate files, including MP3s. It can scan your entire hard drive or specific folders, allowing you to filter results based on various criteria like file size and date modification.

2: Auslogics Duplicate File Finder: This popular program can help you find and delete duplicate MP3 files. It uses advanced algorithms to scan your hard drive quickly and accurately and even detect files with different file names but otherwise identical.

3: CCleaner: While primarily known as a system optimization tool, CCleaner also includes a duplicate file finder feature that can help you identify and delete duplicate MP3s. It's a good option for those who want an all-in-one solution for optimizing their computer and cleaning up unnecessary files.

4: Easy Duplicate Finder: This software is designed to find and remove duplicate files, including MP3s. It has an intuitive interface and can scan your hard drive quickly and efficiently.

And of course, some files have duplicate names but are different files. For instance, "my-today-to-do.docx" has just been created in my current folder (c:\useless) and yesterday's todo list had the same name, in another folder.