xisto Community
Shadow

Ads On The Page at trap17

I'm not sure if you guys are aware of this yet or what.. but, they make the page load real real slow, and sometimes the page won't even load. It will show the shoutbox and thats it, not even the ads will load. I'm thinking it could be a problem if you were to add more ads, or even keep these one's and get more dial-up customers. Like always, it's up to you if you wanna optimize it a bit to make the load faster etc, or even if you go through with that game server, that would help the trap site alot! And then get rid of all the mods that are on trap that you are putting on the game server.Just letting you know about the "problem".

maybe it depends on what kind of ads you have and the type of connection you have. we all know that it takes longer for dal-up users to load a page with graphcs.. So if you have graphic ads than ye maybe it could affect how your sire loads but i'm not sure if it does with text ads.

The ads is the only revenue they have to support free hosting for all of us. I wouldnt mind that if they put ads here and dont have the gaming as they can continue to provide this great hosting service...

If you have DSL or a cable internet connection, Xisto will load up in no time, it is the dial up ISP's that are horrible. I had AOL (I actually just said goodbye to it yesterday) and I could hardly ever have the patience enough to let the forum load, but dial up sucks, all webpages take forever to load.Put up all the ads you want, you guys really got somethin' good here. (One thing though, I don't like that ad with the photosnap, you ever hear that? Ughh).One more note, get rid of all the mods? Explain that a little further to make your case....

If you have DSL or a cable internet connection, Xisto will load up in no time, it is the dial up ISP's that are horrible. 

142497[/snapback]

I have DSL (fiber optic) and TRAP 17 forum loads slower than any other forums out there. And yes, the shoutbox loads first, then ads and followed by the rest of forum. Is it because forum database is loading/refreshing? My status bar shows "3 items (http://....).

Anyway, yes, do whatever you have to do to keep this forum up to provide free hosting! I just hope that the forum loads faster.

I have 2Mbs connection and a fast PC, whenever I come to these forums, my browser stalls, and I have to wait a bit for it to go again. This does not happen on Any other site. Im used to it now, so i dont realy care :lol:

Yea, I don't have a problem with the ads on the site, then again I'm a highspeed customer, so it doesn't effect my times really. But seeing as it is helping to pay for this site and keep our free hosting up, I say keep it up! So long as it is helping Trap, it is helping us all in the long run.As for the getting rid of all the mods... I'm not really sure what that was all about either, so I wouldn't mind a little explanation there as well :lol:

yep the ads are a big problem and are worst when they websites have "malicious code", the bittorrent trackers are a problem because all are supported by ads ... but also we have to think that if there wweere no ads no trackers will exist ...yep this forum take a long time to load because of the ads

As stated before it has to do with the kind of internet you have. The ads are the only way for this service to not drive Xisto bankrupt. Also be thankful they took the fall so you don't have ads on your site. Thats my opinion on the ads.

yea i don't mind the banners here at Xisto either.. i thought he was talking about other sites. And i have DSL to but the Xisto forums loads slow to.. i gues its because there are so many posts and members.. and lots of traffic.

I have no problem with the ads staying where they are. It is the only way that the web-hosting service here can remain free. On the topic of slow page loading, I also seem to be having a little problem on my computer. The home page is very quick to load, but it takes a while for the forums to start loading. I'm not criticizing, I am just trying to make people aware of the issue. Keep up the great work, Xisto!!AmeriBass

Well on the subject of the ads there are a couple I find annoying but I just refresh the screen to get rid of those and cycle to another one. I log on at differant times depending on when I have time to actually post and read. It all depends on how busy the forum is and how busy the internet is. If you are logging on during peak net times the internet in general will be busy. It also depends on how long my computer has been on. LOL I have an older computer so sometimes it slows down. Anyway sometimes when I visit Trap its slow as sin but most of the time its pretty fast. I do think the ads should remain because without them we would not have such a wonderful service.