xisto Community
Phyre

Does Anyone Know Of Any Free Encoding Programs? Been searching for a long time...

Hey, I've been searching for a program that can encode videos. A FREE program. I've searched sites such as download.com for a while, but couldn't find one. Anyone know of one? A free trial shareware program would work too....

Windows media encoder 9 series is free. If you are going to use Windows Media Player as your base, I think you'll find this encoder to be excellent. The compression ratio is almost as good as Divx except without that annoying Divx logo now-a-days. And, you can put sounds in [][]Dolby 5.1 setting as well. Very easy to navigate software. WOW eh?

For your eyes, http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I forgot to mention that TMPGEnc is also free where just about any type of video format can be converted to MPEG-1 at any setting. Here is the link http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I am moving this thread from CONTRIBUTE >> Technology
to CONTRIBUTE >> Computers >> Software

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

the best is virtual dub modeit's not just press "cnvert now button"it's more manual, but you get great quality and it easy use and you can find many good tutorialsor just pm me and i will explain how to use it.....................

How about MediaCoder? It supports almost everything (never failed me!).. It's free and VERy complete...Also, MediaCoder possesses the ability to apply some filters right out of the box (subtitles, etc... much like virtualdub, but with more codecs incorporated)