xisto Community
Rik?

Critical Firefox Exploits How fast can they fix it...

Again 2 critical vulnerabilities where discovered/made public last weekend.

Critical because there's no patch yet.... a workaround is to disable javascript...

This will be a nice test...

How fast can they fix it?

Greetz,

Rik?

Cheers for the information regarding these Mozilla Firefox updates. It is really good to see that Mozilla are constantly releasing these types of updates to help make browsing the internet safer for all of us that use Mozilla browsers.Keep up the good work mozilla. :(

Sorry, just realised my error, i didn't read the topic correctly.I hope mozilla release updates quickly to solve this problem. :(

What I found even more intresting, and although I am a little sceptical is that mozilla was attempting to keep the bug under wraps until they developed a fix, after all the problem with these things is now that you then end user know about it, so does every bad guy!

I aint too worried about the patches for Firefox considering I already have a good firewall protecting other prople from hacking me. But I do hope that Mozilla comes out with an update very soon though :S

Lately appear a lot of Firefox'flaws in Internet magazines. I guess IE is getting worried about such a tough concurrence and maybe they are trying to damage the Firefox image. But it is good that Firefox is under attack. The most it is attack the safer it will be.

What I found even more intresting, and although I am a little sceptical is that mozilla was attempting to keep the bug under wraps until they developed a fix

That's what it says in their security bugs policy so it's not as if they've been trying to hide anything and when you think about it, it makes more sense to try & resolve a bug before it becomes widely reported because then there's less chance of unscrupulous characters taking advantage of it and using it for malicious purposes.

Again 2 critical vulnerabilities where discovered/made public last weekend.

Critical because there's no patch yet.... a workaround is to disable javascript...

This will be a nice test...

How fast can they fix it?

Greetz,

RikŠ

139730[/snapback]

A new version has been released... v1.0.4

It took them 3 days to fix... not bad :P

yes quick fixing times eh, microsoft would have taken 2 weeks to release something but then again, they would not have told everyone about it aswell...formaly...! (hehe)

A new version has been released... v1.0.4It took them 3 days to fix... not bad :P

A bit longer than that - the bug was first reported on May 2, but still pretty good going.

hahaha i told people that its lame but the patch is up so have fire hahahahaha

i think it has been fixed. many developers are working in firefox, and i think many of those exploits have been fixed by now.

That's scary. Now I'm afraid to go other sites with Firefox. 0_o Hopefully Mozilla does it as soon as they can. Security threats are just awful.

140815[/snapback]

Mozilla released a security update May 11 .... Firefox 1.0.4