xisto Community
bureX

Phpbb 2.0.15 Is Out!

phpBB 2.0.15 is out! It has a few bugfixes and improved security features. Don't wait to be a victim of an exploit! You can download it from here:

https://www.phpbb.com/downloads/

Here is the notification e-mail that I have received:

Hi everyone,

phpBB Group announces the release of phpBB 2.0.15, the "summer needs to be hot" release. This release addresses some bugfixes and addressing some security issues, one being serious. With this release the admin re-authentication security feature from phpBB Olympus has been backported to the 2.0.x branch too.

In includes/bbcode.php

Find:

{

global $lang, $bbcode_tpl;

After, add:

$text = preg_replace('#(script|about|applet|activex|chrome):#is', "1:", $text);

Find:

*/

function make_clickable($text)

{

After, Add:

$text = preg_replace('#(script|about|applet|activex|chrome):#is', "1:", $text);

Language authors please note that one language variable has been added too.

As with all new releases we urge you to update as soon as possible. You can of course find this download available on our downloads page (https://www.phpbb.com/downloads/). As per usual three packages are available to simplify your update.

The Full Package contains entire phpBB2 source and English language package.

The Changed Files Only contains only those files changed from previous versions of phpBB. Please note this archive contains changed files for each previous release.

Patch Files contains patch compatible patches from the previous versions of phpBB.

Select whichever package is most suitable for you.

The changelog (contained within this release) is as follows:

- Fixed moderator status removal in groupcp.php

- Removed newlines after ?> on some files - Thoul

- Added admin re-authentication (admin needs to login seperatly to access the ACP) - backported from Olympus

- Fixed vulnerability in url/bbcode handling functions - PapaDos and Paul/Zhen-Xjell from CastleCops

- Fixed issue in admin/admin_forums.php

- Suppressed warning message for fsockopen in /includes/smtp.php - Thoul

- Fixed bug in admin/admin_smilies.php (admin is able to add empty smilies) - Exy

- Adjusted documents to reflect the urgent need to update the files too (not only running the database update script)

- Updated the readme file

- Added one new language variable

- Added general error if accessing profile for a non-existent user

- Changed session id generation to be more unique - Henno Joosep

- Fixed bug in highlight code to escape characters correctly

- Reversed the 2.0.14 fix for postgresql because it produced more problems than it solves.

- Added reference to article written by R45 about case-sensitivity in postgreSQL to the readme file

- Fixed bypassing of validate_username on registration - Yen

- Empty url/img bbcodes no longer get parsed

Anyway, if you think that the phpBB team is just releasing "bugfix updates", think again! The next big update will be 3.0.0 and is currently being developed under the codename "Olympus". You can see more about it's progress here:

https://area51.phpbb.com/

And, if you want to try this out the newest beta version of phpBB:

http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/

Stay tuned :(

Here is another e-mail that I have received a moment ago:

Hi everyone,

within the last email a small but important error has been slipped through. Somehow the small fix noted has been broken by our mailing software. Please do NOT apply this fix if you copied it from the mail.

For the correct fix and the original announcement, please visit https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=288194

Thank you, and sorry for the inconvenience.

The phpBB Group.

I used to be phpBB only, but I gave it up and am now experimenting using phpNuke and IPB, IPB ported to phpNuke instead of phpBB.I don't like that exploits come out so much, Olympus may bring me back to the phpBB groups software though... But I don't know for sure though...

I used to be phpBB only, but I gave it up and am now experimenting using phpNuke and IPB, IPB ported to phpNuke instead of phpBB.

I don't like that exploits come out so much, Olympus may bring me back to the phpBB groups software though...  But I don't know for sure though...

139206[/snapback]

yeah i dont like those exploits either!!

i use invision board. nefore i use phpbb but it was boring me.

and now i am making my own forum:P

just wondering official support sub forum/category module avaliable in coming up version in phpBB..but i will update it next month.. bec just wait and see untill all bugs've gone :(

I just updated my forum with the latest updates. I also got an email from the phpBB team saying that theres an update.I like to use phpBB, but I might switch over to Invision Power Board because it is much more secure. I always dont like to update my forumm, it gets annoying after a while.The only reason why I am sticking with phpBB is so I can customize it easy.

New releases come out often whenever phpBB users find them. It's good that they update so quickly, so people's forums remain safer to use, and in order. I've personally known several people who had their forums hacked. Sometimes it's mods or portals they install. Other times, it's outdated forums. The coders sometimes make mistakes, but they correct it quickly with updates. Two versions I know which had major critical issues due to coding was 2.0.10 and 2.0.12.

Depending on what other features are brought out in phpBB3, I might switch to that over IPB. Is there any more information available on the features to be implemented in phpBB3?

i think it's a sort of "security & exploits".hnnwhat abt phpbb3?i'm waiting for it.i just know that 2.0.15 has get out.to me it's really an long long ago~..

I have phpbb installed (from Fantastico) but I've yet to update it...then again I haven't had the chance to use it much...if at all. I haven't had the time to do either as of late...maybe sometime over the next few days.

I have phpbb installed (from Fantastico) but I've yet to update it...then again I haven't had the chance to use it much...if at all. I haven't had the time to do either as of late...maybe sometime over the next few days.

146156[/snapback]

Try using wtcBB ... Wonderful script! Try it...