xisto Community
Kiko_Way

I Hate When People Ask Me My Religion.... Dont come in here if you cant have an inteligent discussion.

I dont know- to tell you the truth what religion I am. I never went to Church, and neither did any of my family members. I dont know what religion I would pick if I went to Church, so I tell people I dont go to Church. Then they get mad at me and think I am going to hell (can I say that?) since I dont pray/believe in the 'right' religion. I do believe in God, I just dont know why religions make such a difference to some people. : angry : If you thing about it, most religions dont have much difference....

SO STOP ASKING ME.

:(

I guess there are two possible reasons why they ask about your religion. A) They're curious or :( They want to start a debate with you so that in the end they'll try to force you into believing in their religion. In my opinion, I see religion as being very corrupt and is often used for controlling the populace. Unfortunately,religion also causes rifts between nations and races as well. Now, I could go into a whole rant on religion and it's effects on society, but I'm assuming this neither the time nor the topic to go on a religious debate.I understand your "dilemma", however. I've been asked what my religion is, but I simply responded by saying, "I don't follow any religion", which is the truth. But this is not to say that I am implying that I am an atheist or an agnostic either. I just don't like to categorize myself under a religion. That's my two cents.

I understand your situation, i don't really follow a religion.. my family has been hindu but my parents and i are very open minded and just agree with a teaching known as advaita. Usually it is me asking people about their religious beliefs because I really find it so interesting what people have to say. In Australia, or atleast where I live.. There are so many different cultures so naturally there would be so many religions and no-one has ever told me i will go to hell because i do not attend church.. its quite easy going when you ask people about what they believe

I don't hate it so much when someone askes me my religion. What I really hate is when people try to CONVERT me to their religion. I don't really want to be a christian, and I don't care about being a Jehovah's Witness. Leave me alone. If I wanted to join your religion, I would go to your church, or whatever place of worship you attend. Don't come to my house, don't bother me on the bus, don't ask me at the mall... leave me alone. ESPECIALLY when I say I am not interested... you should shut up.

im in total agreement i hate people that try to convert i think next time i will convert them to a beat down with my hands and feet, i don't that much about my religion that much but i believe all regilion is is pure bull**** like kiko says almost every religon is loosly based off of each other its just that the top 5 religions catholics, islam, protastant, jewish, hindu have pretty much wiped everything else out in the last 2000 years and in one way or another incorperated all the other religions into theirs.

Whats your Religion? :( Just Kidding, Well I and My Famil are Hindu, And Yeah I hate it too but dont care, I'm really the odd one out, every1 eles is Christian, and yeah and I'm Interested in their Culture, and their interested in mine. So it goes well!!

I understand about not liking when people try to convert you or trying to shove their beliefs down your throat. This horrendous thing happened to my niece a few years ago when she was 8 or 9 years old, one of those guys who goes door to door trying to convert people saw her playing outside with her friends on a Sunday and told them all that they were going to go to hell because they weren't at church. Little kids!

I'm a Muslim and I also hate those sort of people who are trying to get everyone to join their religion, and I don't believe in that, I respect other people's choices and I don't go going around saying 'You Heathen!' or something silly like that. If I were to tell the truth, my best friends are people who don't really even believe in God, and I don't mind. I'm interested in part of their culture and some of them are also a bit interested in mine. I have an explanation for why Christianity and Judaism and Islam are a bit alike, but I don't know where Hinduism comes into that. However I don't really think its in my place to be talking about why they are similar, but it might also offend some people, so I'll just lay off the topic.

I dont know- to tell you the truth what religion I am. I never went to Church, and neither did any of my family members. I dont know what religion I would pick if I went to Church, so I tell people I dont go to Church. Then they get mad at me and think I am going to hell (can I say that?) since I dont pray/believe in the 'right' religion. I do believe in God, I just dont know why religions make such a difference to some people. : angry : If you thing about it, most religions dont have much difference....

SO STOP ASKING ME.

:(

138878[/snapback]

yeah you're right. Most religions are the same. Anyone ever read any Joseph Campbell books? He compares religions/myths and shows how similar everything is. Check out this Zen story about Christianity and Buddhism and their similarities:

http://users.rider.edu/~suler/zenstory/christbudha.html

show that to whoever's buggin you about your religion.

Well, I disagree with the fact that you "go to hell" if you don't go to church. I follow the Catholic Christian beliefs and I don't go to church that often, only on special occassions such as Easter, Pentecost etc. I was talking to my priest and he said "don't worry if you can't make it to church, God will find his own way to you", so i disagree with that comment on going to hell. Secondly I also hate it if someone asks me "what religion are you?", I always say that I'm Catholic, but sometims they just abuse that, either by saying that it is an 'incorrect' religion or something of the sort. I don't see the point in asking my religion if they are just going to disrespect it. Anyway I'm rambling on a bit here...

I may be terribly wrong, or there has been some kind of mix up, but I've heard that because I have velcro on my shoes instead of laces I'm going to hell.Now I know that I can occassionally become disobiedient when it comes to selecting footwear for myself to wear. But I believe it's within the Catholic section of Christianity and Hindu religion that they don't allow velcro.When Someone such as me has to travel quite hastily from one place to anotehr on my bicycle I find that it is alot more effect to strap over the velcro than to risk a lace being caught upon a gear cogg.I don't wish to cause any controversy but I've just always wanted to be able to find a religion that will suit my sticky needs.And in response to Kiko's " I Hate When People Ask Me My Religion", I wondered if you could tell me what religion you are..........No, Oh right, No need to shout.Evening to all those in Wales and the middle east, To the rest of the world - Morning

im in total agreement i hate people that try to convert i think next time i will convert them to a beat down with my hands and feet, i don't that much about my religion that much but i believe all regilion is is pure bull****

Hahaha very funny!!! :(
I agree to! I hate it when they come to your door (when your eating) and almost force you to join there thing, and aren't about to leave until you've almost shot the door in theire face...
But hey, I think that I do understand them... They believe so hard in there religion (they experience it as a good thing) and just want us all to experience it too. Like you are in a debat. And you have this point which you think is totally IT, so you do almost anything to change the other persons mind about things!

So, I know they are very annoying sometimes, but they won't mean it in a bad way I think...BUT HEY!! They're stay annoying!!!!!!!!!!

Im not a Christian, Im not a Hindu, Im not a Jew...I believe in a God, but I dont believe in the bible...Some would say that's too weird, but I say: "Believe in what you believe, if that makes you keep going on in life. Don't take religions from others, yours is just fine!"

Very Interesting Topic!!!

I can?t understand why people are always disturbing other people about religion... I mean, you can believe in God and you can believe in Pokemons if you want, I don?t care about it, and I won?t criticise that fact. But if you are so religious, ?what about showing a little respect about other people? If I want you to come to my house and try to convert me to anything, i?d put a message in my door saying "Fanatics are welcome" :( It?s only a joke, sorry. What I mean is that each person is different and as long as religion and beliefs are something so deep of each other we should not ask about it, judge for it or try to convince about it. We?re not in the colonial era, are we? We are all rational people with enough intelligence to choose by ourselves.

Brothers and sisters, I have come to convert you to the Holy Church of.... just joking :( :(I don't really hate when people ask me what religion I am, I hate the fact that they start *BLEEP*ing about it, when I tell them I'm an atheist. Yes, I'm an atheist, so what? It's my bloody business, not their's. Don't try to convert me...Yugoslavia (Serbia & Montenegro) was a comunist country until few years ago. No one was allowed to go to church. Now, when we are not comunist country, everygbody is free to go to church. BUT! Now we have just the oposite effect. EVERYBODY became religious: president's of the communist parties, members of different comitee's, everybody. And now that the church sees it, they became more agresive in trying to convert us atheists to religious people. No way am I going to start believing in god, just because some old guy with a beard longer than my leg, says there is a god. Nope. I never believed in god, and I don't plan to. Maybe one day I will, but until then, just leave me alone...My parents never were members of commuinst parties, but they never went to church either. And they didn't start going now. My mother sort of believes in god, my father doesn't. My brother to, and so do I. But you don't see my mother trying to convert us "sinners" into believeing in god.Religions are a product for mass control, and that's all. If someone believes in god, they can do it without following any religion. It's not about what religion you follow, it's what kind of person you are, that is, nothing more, nothing less.Thank you for your patience, and good night :P

SO STOP ASKING ME.

:P

138878[/snapback]

I hear ya there. I mean, the way I see it, we're both agnostics- we're not atheists because we still believe in God, but we don't prescribe to any one religion. The reason I became this way was because, back when I was younger, I used to be very religious, and even decided to go to a Christian college. But, when the faculty and students at the college started telling me I was evil and wrong and going to hell because of the fact I was dating someone who wasn't going to the school (and wasn't a member of that denomination) and that I had decided, of my own free will, how our relationship would progress, they basically kicked me out and tried to send me back home with my parents, regardless of the fact I was 20 years old and a legal adult. Needless to say, after all those so called "friends" turned their backs on me, I had no need whatsoever for organized religion anymore.

Not only that, but my opinion is that expressing your differing viewpoint once is okay, as it is stating your opinion in a matter. However, when one tries to browbeat and/or harrass someone of an opposing viewpoint SIMPLY because the other person's viewpoint conflicts with theirs, I believe that's nothing better than trying to shove your beliefs down other peoples' throats. And this is not a solely religious issue either. I've seen examples when both the Right and Left have both tried to push their views on everyone, to no avail. Look, people, state your piece ONE TIME and then SHUT UP!!