xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
electriic ink

About The Warning System

Today, I've noticed a little symbol next to my name which says Warn: (0%) and then a progress bar next to it. I presume it's for telling people whether they've got any warning -_- but there must be something more like at 100% your account gets terminated so can anyone direct me to any links or give me a guide about this new systemThanks ///

I had read your post twice or three times but can't understand what are you asking about? About progress bar for time when your account will be terminated?

how you can mark 100% position? Because there only credits and they are only from 0 to "infinity" :D It means that nobody can calculate percents :D

As for me i can suggest only to add more colors to credits line :D

For example print credits line with yellow color when your account got less than 3 credits but more than zero -_-

"We are making our life better"

Keeper, Sons of the Dragon http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Ooops .......... B)

Now i see this warnings bar near with my post.... :D

Hmmm, really can anybody explain what it means? :D

Sorry for spam....

I did some research and :D

I found answer on your question cmatcmextra

Check out this link:

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/8717-fair-warning-is-given-to-all-hosted-members/

It think this article from Admin will help you to find everythink about this warnings system, like it did me :(

Again sorry for 3rd post in a row :D

Notice from Johnny:
Edited out that code box. Code boxes aren't necessary for links, and they don't allow the link to -hyperlink- it.
Edited by Johnny (see edit history)

I don't think that that's the right explantion for two reasons:[+] I'm not hosted[+] That was posted on March the 18th and only noticed it today! I could be blind though -_-If that is the correct explanation, do I need to worry about this and can an moderator please clarify this, thank you.

The warning system is actually there for moderators and admins. If there's a member with 20% warning, you can click on the warning percentage (it's a link) and you see a popup window saying why that member was warned -_-It is just a system to aid mods and admins to keep track of which action was taken for which "crime". For example, we find a member spamming. Thus our normal action involves "warning" them member, which means we click on the red button which increases the warning level of that spamming member. Then we enter the reason for warning (which can be seen by other mods and admins - I am not sure about non mods/admins though). While warning we also send out a pm to the person in question, saying why we warned. It's not so that on 100% you will have your account terminated, but in a lot of cases it is. Usually if it's about spammers and repeated offenders even after a pm, warnings, then after a warning or 3 that account will be suspended. It actually greatly depends on why the warnings were given. While warning a member mods can also remove the rights to post (for a certain amount of time or permanently). So... to conclude, the warning system is a key element in the job mods and admins do :D an essential tool :D

If it does pm then it must be messed up. I got warned the 26th or 27th cant rember and just noticed today that i have 10% warning so I was puzzled I would definently loved a PM though that way I could have known I was warned and have noticed it by now. So if it is suppose to be Pmd can an admin or someone check that script.

If it does pm then it must be messed up. I got warned the 26th or 27th cant rember and just noticed today that i have 10% warning so I was puzzled I would definently loved a PM though that way I could have known I was warned and have noticed it by now. So if it is suppose to be Pmd can an admin or someone check that script.

137706[/snapback]

You got warned on the 27th. You can see who warned you, when they warned you, and what they warned you for by clicking on the percentage of your warn, or in your case, 10%. It says that you did not quote something...

Whenever I give someone a warn, I always PM them to let them know that they are getting warned, so they way, they won't be as surprised when they see their level raised, but the depends on the person - whether they want to warn or not. -_-

I think it CAN be decreased, but they would have to do it, so I couldn't exactly answer that. I've seen the warning thing before (on my site's forums), and I wondered if Xisto used it for the forum, until I saw the warning meter about one or two days ago. I'm glad we can see our warnings, though. (I don't usually do anything to worry about it, but some people may need to see it).

I see members with warnings I sometimes take a look and see what the warning was for and if post quality is good and it's 30 days or more since the warning I lower it. I try to go back and check members I have warned to see if they behave or not. If post-quality are good and they behaved I reduce the warning. The warning is also a tool for Admin. to see if a user should be hosted or not. With one warning and nothing serious after we will still give hosting.Warning is a tool to let members know what is not appropriate and I have posted the rules for moderators on how to warn. Anytime we delete a post a warning should be made that way I can see what happened when a member complain that their hosting credits was going down and they have no idea why it happened.The other tool we can use as members here is to give or take away reputation points, I use it to show that I appreciate a member helping out, or to reward a great post/tutorial that someone made. That way you can look at a member?s rep and see if they are helping out. As a moderator / Admin I recommend not to use the negative rep but to warn if we have a problem with a user.Then again, users can use the negative rep point to show they are displeased with spam or posts not following the rules. The problem with negative rep is that in a lot of instances it receives a "revenge" negative rep back. If I see that happening I may or may not take away 1 or both users right to give rep.. That way we will stay friends and the revenge part will not get out of hand.Nils

Warning is a great tools to warn and stop members to spam post, and I always love that thread... However, can I ask how long does a warning last? You cant possibly let a guy with a warning a year ago with the warning there...

Well members may use this system in any way as there is no control.members may use this feature if they hate any member.This feature may misused by members.or even if somebdy replied with short answer.or even someone not qouted.i think maybe this feature must limit to the moderators only.nilsc and Opaque and moonwitch think about it.

So.. when people ask for our opinion we cannot give it?Sorry, but that seems very.. what is the nice word I'm looking for.. 'useless.'

A very good example of a person with a WARN attribute is me...I didn't know requesting of ROMs are illegal so I've got my first warn.. :(Anyway, are there pro-factors where the WARN attribute can be cleared off ?Because that warn I've got was stuff that I didn't know that is illegal..And it doesn't look nice with a WARN attribute tagged along with me...