xisto Community
cumar11

Is There God, Why We Are Here

there is this topic in Xisto forum " The Most Idiotic Thing You Heard A Christian Say"It made me think about GOD and religion, every thinking person knows that nothing borns from ZERO, to say that there is no god is like saying that the univers and the worlds are made by no one, it is little stupid.SOW the real question is, when god made us , did god give as a manual of life.if you make a cd player there is also manual of the cd player,where is the manual of life for humans.You may ask there is too much religions out there and those guys just want to control me and my money, actually there is only few major religions out there.the only people that can give us the answer are scientist why,by searching what the holy books of major religions say, and compare them into what we humans know first time in history trought science.bible has been translated sow many times that it not original, only holy book that has not been changed even a letter is holy quran.many scienctist have become muslims after they have studied the quran , and compared what the modern science knows, etc. how baby's are born , the universe , things that were imposible to know. in the 6th century,sorry about my english, you can search google to find out more.

there is this topic in Xisto forum  " The Most Idiotic Thing You Heard A Christian Say"

It made me think about  GOD and religion, every thinking person knows that nothing borns from ZERO, to say that there is no god is like saying that  the univers  and the worlds are made by no one, it is  little stupid.

SOW the real question is, when god made us , did god  give as a manual of life.

if you make a cd player there is also manual of the cd player,

where is the manual of life for humans.

You may ask there is too much religions out there and those guys just want to control me  and my money,

actually there is  only few major religions out there.

the only people that can give us the answer are scientist why,

by searching what  the holy books  of major religions say, and compare them into what we humans know first time in history  trought  science.

bible has been translated sow many times that it not original,

only holy book that has not been changed even a letter is holy quran.

many  scienctist have become  muslims after they  have studied the quran , and compared what the modern  science  knows, etc. how baby's are born , the universe , things that were imposible  to know.  in the 6th century,

sorry about my english,

you can search google to find out more.

137331[/snapback]

Korean Troops Convert to Islam

http://english.chosun.com/

There is only a God if you believe and science says we are the result of an explosion.Which would you rather be?---- Crafted caringly and made to believe your special---- Some accident that happened and be result of an explosionLife has hard choices!Why did you just quote all of your previous post for the sake of one link?

There is only a God if you believe and science says we are the result of an explosion.

Which would you rather be?

---- Crafted caringly and made to believe your special

---- Some accident that happened and be result of an explosion

Life has hard choices!

Why did you just quote all of your previous post for the sake of one link?

137336[/snapback]

what is this " science"

science is not a person, or a thing with only one voice or opinion, there is many theorys is some things the big bang is a only a "theory". that is why they call it big bang theory.

do you know how complicated life is, every dns in your body has it is own place, it mathematicly imbossilbe to be accident.

it life reading a 10 million page book and saying the letters in the book are accidently written.

There is only a God if you believe and science says we are the result of an explosion.

Which would you rather be?

---- Crafted caringly and made to believe your special

---- Some accident that happened and be result of an explosion

Life has hard choices!

Why did you just quote all of your previous post for the sake of one link?

137336[/snapback]

whether science says we're the result of an explosion, and not put here by some higher entity, depends on what scientist you're listening to. i could quote lots of scientists who support creation, & the God theory.

anyways, which would you rather believe in? i would think your first option leaves no second one.

Is there a God? Well, I cannot say that I question that myself because I was spared from premature deaths so many times so far that I do not question that. I almost drowned last year when I was caught by the undertow that dragged me 5 miles out to the sea. There was also a time when my car spun 3 times after hitting a snow patch going 80 miles an hour. I have fallen from 3 floors high and walked away with only a scratch?so on and so forth. So, I have my own personal reasons that I do not question, ?Is there a God?? But then again, you could say that I am the luckiest s.o.b. Perhaps.

When I was learning Pascal, my teacher told the class some interesting factoid about Pascal and his other researches. She, my teacher, told the class that Pascal was not only one of the greatest mathematicians but he was also a brilliant philosopher. She told us a brief story of Blasie Pascal?s Wager. And let me get my note and write down the formula for you.

If you will, given that:

..........................God does not exist......God does exist

Probability..........p.................................(1-p)

Believe...............-u.................................v

Do not believe...0..................................-x

This by the way is very famous wager that mathematicians are always debating about. The everlasting question of, ?can mathematics really prove everything?? p of course represents the probability of existence. ?u represents the loss from believing, meaning if you believe in God you probably have to exclude some activities. That sacrifice of denying oneself of ?worldly pleasure? is represented by ?u. 0 is simply a zero. Zero for not believing IF there was God and you did not believe therefore zero reward at the end. 1-p is the whole truth minus the probability of God not existing. Since the probability is measured as 1 out of 100 and such, the probability is always less than 1. v is the for the ?value? or the reward you will receive when you believe in God. ?x is for the punishment you will be spared from, i.e. compare to none believers. If God happen to exist and you did not believed in God, the punishment would be x.

So, Pascal wrote out this equation sighting that v (the reward for believing is infinite)

v = infinite

-pu + (1-p)v AND p0 + (1-p)(-x)

As you can see, in the first equation if God does not exist and you believe that God does not exist (which you would gain so much of worldly pleasure) + God happen to exist times the ?value? or the reward for believing in God would turn out to be a negative answer. And the second equation solves as: Although there?s a probability of God not existing but you believe that God exists and God happen to exist, you will be spared from God?s punishment for not believing.

Well the bottom line is that IF you believe in God and live your life with God?s guidance you will be rewarded when you leave this place. And Pascal concluded that if there is no God but you still believed in God, you live your life spreading good deeds and when you leave this place you?ll be known as a good person and that?s that! So in the end, it ?pays? to believe in God (some sort of God, any God) because the teachings guides us to be good in nature and good to others. Sounds nice enough.

*Formula sighted from Pascal?s Wager, [blaise Pascal, Pensees, Infini-Rien]

(1) It is possible that the Christian God exists and it is possible that the Christian God does not exist.

(2) If one believes in the Christian God then if he exists then one receives an infinitely great reward and if he does not exist then one loses little or nothing.

(3) If one does not believe in the Christian God then if he exists then one receives an infinitely great punishment and if he does not exist then one gains little or nothing.

(4) It is better to either receive an infinitely great reward or lose little or nothing than it is to either receive an infinitely great punishment or gain little or nothing.

Therefore:

(5) It is better to believe in the Christian God than it is not to believe in the Christian God.

(6) If one course of action is better than another then it is rational to follow that course of action and irrational to follow the other.

Therefore:

(7) It is rational to believe in the Christian God and irrational not to believe in the Christian God.

Now on to the great question, ?why are we here?? You know I see it just about every day that when new games come out it?s about the issue of life or death. Take a look at all those Counter Strike, Doom, Halo and etc. They are basically about life or death with a purpose to eliminate. When Sim Life came out it was the spawn of old games like, The Civilization, World Sim or any game that let you create your own world and you had the power to build, rebuild or crush to make something different. What if God is like that? Some sadistic sense of humor that impulsed him to create this so called Earth and he?s just clicking his mouse away, creating disasters and letting us to research technologies to gain higher points? And if we are created in his image or by him, wouldn?t we do the same thing or at least possess the similar destructive sense of humor? Probably that?s why everything we create is either lethal or kills something.

Or may be this is some kind of test. Many cultures have ?the right of passage? ceremony where a young person must to though in order to be recognized as an adult. If that were to be true, then what you and I are going through in this life may be some kind of exam given by God, to see if we are able to pass. Whatever it may be, we are living in some exciting period in time, huh?

Trouble sleeping tonight,

My deep thoughts.

As we venture though the advancements in technology, people are definitely out to prove the facts about God. I've had my questions about God, and my faith is unstable to this day, but I do believe that God exists. It is only what you believe in, God will not prove He is watching over us, that is what free will is all about. He has given us the choice to either believe or not believe, so express your free will and find out what your faith believes.

In my opinion there is a God but there is no manual for humans. We were given free will in order to do what we want but face the reaction positive or negative for our actions. I belive God is there as a force that created us and wants us to live like him but through flaw we couldnt. He could have made us like robots but he didnt because of how he felt that that could be wrong. I belive everything I said because I am catholic and this is what I was taught at school for ten years.

Is there a God?  Well, I cannot say that I question that myself because I was spared from premature deaths so many times so far that I do not question that. I almost drowned last year when I was caught by the undertow that dragged me 5 miles out to the sea. There was also a time when my car spun 3 times after hitting a snow patch going 80 miles an hour.  I have fallen from 3 floors high and walked away with only a scratchso on and so forth.  So, I have my own personal reasons that I do not question, Is there a God?  But then again, you could say that I am the luckiest s.o.b.  Perhaps.

When I was learning Pascal, my teacher told the class some interesting factoid about Pascal and his other researches.  She, my teacher, told the class that Pascal was not only one of the greatest mathematicians but he was also a brilliant philosopher.  She told us a brief story of Blasie Pascals Wager.  And let me get my note and write down the formula for you.

If you will, given that:

This by the way is very famous wager that mathematicians are always debating about. The everlasting question of, can mathematics really prove everything? p of course represents the probability of existence. u represents the loss from believing, meaning if you believe in God you probably have to exclude some activities. That sacrifice of denying oneself of worldly pleasure is represented by u. 0 is simply a zero. Zero for not believing IF there was God and you did not believe therefore zero reward at the end. 1-p is the whole truth minus the probability of God not existing. Since the probability is measured as 1 out of 100 and such, the probability is always less than 1. v is the for the value or the reward you will receive when you believe in God. x is for the punishment you will be spared from, i.e. compare to none believers. If God happen to exist and you did not believed in God, the punishment would be x.

So, Pascal wrote out this equation sighting that v (the reward for believing is infinite)

As you can see, in the first equation if God does not exist and you believe that God does not exist (which you would gain so much of worldly pleasure) + God happen to exist times the value or the reward for believing in God would turn out to be a negative answer. And the second equation solves as: Although theres a probability of God not existing but you believe that God exists and God happen to exist, you will be spared from Gods punishment for not believing.

Well the bottom line is that IF you believe in God and live your life with Gods guidance you will be rewarded when you leave this place. And Pascal concluded that if there is no God but you still believed in God, you live your life spreading good deeds and when you leave this place youll be known as a good person and thats that!  So in the end, it pays to believe in God (some sort of God, any God) because the teachings guides us to be good in nature and good to others.  Sounds nice enough.

*Formula sighted from Pascals Wager, [blaise Pascal, Pensees, Infini-Rien]

Now on to the great question, why are we here? You know I see it just about every day that when new games come out its about the issue of life or death.  Take a look at all those Counter Strike, Doom, Halo and etc.  They are basically about life or death with a purpose to eliminate.  When Sim Life came out it was the spawn of old games like, The Civilization, World Sim or any game that let you create your own world and you had the power to build, rebuild or crush to make something different.  What if God is like that? Some sadistic sense of humor that impulsed him to create this so called Earth and hes just clicking his mouse away, creating disasters and letting us to research technologies to gain higher points? And if we are created in his image or by him, wouldnt we do the same thing or at least possess the similar destructive sense of humor? Probably thats why everything we create is either lethal or kills something.

Or may be this is some kind of test. Many cultures have the right of passage ceremony where a young person must to though in order to be recognized as an adult.  If that were to be true, then what you and I are going through in this life may be some kind of exam given by God, to see if we are able to pass.  Whatever it may be, we are living in some exciting period in time, huh?

Trouble sleeping tonight,

My deep thoughts.

137495[/snapback]

now THAT was a good post! I never heard that story of Pascal, but it makes perfect sense. I couldn't have said it better. But do you find it hard to put your thoughts into words when people ask you, without you being able to sit down at the computer and compose your thoughts, or does it just come naturally for you?

I believe that someone higher created us. But I wouldn't try to characterized the 'higher being' with a word. A human word would diminish the power of this form of energy. When I read the bible I feel a little anger because if this is all tru this being is playing games with our lives. Or was so bored thought us up and just sit and watch us fall on our face. I know our mind could not make a human.. We can only clone what has already been made. We can't make a human from scratch, we have only just begun to develop organ parts, but those are still going through scientific trials. Who knows we could have been made from energy colliding at a high speed, or energy that has broken apart from a massive collision and that made earth. Who are we to say this theory is right or wrong.. Who has lived that long and can right on us the path we are going down. I think people who take the bible literally are crazy. The bible has so many literary devices such as puns, metaphor, similies, etc. Who knows the bible could have been made by twelve drunk men and how do we not know if these men were 'devils'?

Ahh finally a religion thread. Well I call them that but technically they are not really. Life is a fascinating and beautiful concept. These are the things I would like you to think about.. 1. If a muslim is at home praying to God, and a christian is at home praying to God.. Are they praying to the same entity?2. Does God have a form? what is the form?I will think of more later but think about those questions :(

now THAT was a good post! I never heard that story of Pascal, but it makes perfect sense. I couldn't have said it better.  But do you find it hard to put your thoughts into words when people ask you, without you being able to sit down at the computer and compose your thoughts, or does it just come naturally for you?

137581[/snapback]

If you had asked me the very same question no more than a year ago, I would have answered, no, it does not come naturally to me. I need to sit down for few hours to come up with just a sentence to resemble what I have written. Funny thing in life is that sometimes the perfect answer comes long after the question was given. I believe that each and everyone has own time to answer the tough questions that one faces. And, it also takes wisdom to know when to answer or when to hold the opinion.

I knew for the longest time that my answer would be something similar to what I posted. But it took decades of defining and redefining my thoughts not only to appeal to the logical minds but to myself and fellow congregations. The biggest challenge that I still face today is, can you prove it? And the traditional answer of you just believe and have faith no longer works these days. We are constantly bombarded with instant answers and quick fixes that I think we are losing the ability to be patient for the right answer. And funny how a brief story that I heard when I was 17 would one day be useful to answer the question at the age of 31. "Life, it seems, is without full of irony."--A line from a movie that I cannot recall who said it at this time.

Still working on a draft...

"Half of my life is a revision of the other half" - Unknown

I believe that all religions, just as all philosophies are only as real as there are those who believe in them. I don't particularly believe in any one power or one thing but that the world revolves on the "faith" that many have. I don't like it however when those faiths and philosophies are placed above human life and human will.

Heres what i believe, i am a Christian. I believe that there is a God and theres only one God. Many Religions pray to the same God only one thing. Christians believe in Jesus being the son of God, Jesus is God in the form of a human, because if God were to come in his form (which to this day no one knows) than we would all die instantly becuase of the fact that we are sinners and he is so holy. So Jesus was sent to the world to die for our sins becuase back then to forgive your sins you would have to sacrifice an animal. But God sent his son for the ultimate offering so that we can be free of sin and be able to have everlasting life through Christ. So we have to pray for Jesus to enter our hearts and make us whole becuase he said that the only way to the Father is through Him. Alot of things scientist try to explain that it was "Coincidence" but i believe that has been too many coincidences already :( . And the human body is so complex that there had to have been a greater power that created us.A question i like to ask alot of people who dont believe in God:Where will you go when you die? What will happen to you? Meditate on that for a while. :(