xisto Community
psychiccyberfreak

Free 3d Game Tool? does it exist?

for 3d u aint going to find free....ur goin to cough up money one way or another. sorry to say it. But hey, give GameMaker a try, learn of 2d and how u can change 2d n make it 3d (wasn't hard to make Doom style games) then from then on move up to really gettin into 3d engines. Darkbasic i've used before..was really nice i'd say giv htat a try, but again gotta cough up money.

Here's my 2 cents worth, coming from someone who has been making games ever since I knew how to work a computer:There's no free program that can get you anything near what I would consider decent. There are several out there, but the end product will ALWAYS look like junk.Blender is a decent 3D modeling program, but let me warn you that 3D Modeling is FREAKING HARD!!! It's taken me forever just to be able to do something that looks semi-professional... And that's using a real program like Maya or 3DSMAX... I've only used Game Maker for 2D games, but it works well for those.When I first started making 3D games, I used DarkBASIC. It is an excellent choice and can create some decent looking results.However, though I hate to dash your hopes, it's impossible to create a professional game for the computer on your own. You could have done that ten years ago, but no more. Games nowadays are created by teams of hundreds or thousands of professionals. When I was younger I thought I could create a professional 3D game as well, but let me tell you from experience - It's not gonna happen. It's not possible anymore. Sadly, the days of indie PC development are over. It is for this reason that I have moved on to developing for the GBA... I can create 2D games that are state of the art.But seriously, you're not gonna be able to get money out of a homemade 3D game... Sorry to be so blunt... Now go outside and have a wonderful day...

Blender is only a 3-D modelling and animation tool. You'll be able to make your 3d models with Blender (and animate and render them) but you can't build a game with it.
Based on some of the functions in Game Maker 6.1, you could import the models you make in Blender (so it won't look so much like a Game Maker 3d game), but your best bet is to use darkbasic or Blitz3D or the Torque3D engine. Blitz and Torque are ~$100, which is cheap considering what you want to do (and how much work you won't have to do if you buy either). darkbasic will more than likely take some time to get used to (especially if you don't have any programming experience), but it is powerful and cheap.

i believe Blender has a new patch where you can create the games now but you will need to look up blender to find more info on it, but the good thing about blender is that it is a free software and it is a very good one at that.. tutorials there are a few sites but they teach alot of what you need to know to get started with them.. so check them out at blender.org

Blender is only a 3-D modelling and animation tool. You'll be able to make your 3d models with Blender (and animate and render them) but you can't build a game with it.
Based on some of the functions in Game Maker 6.1, you could import the models you make in Blender (so it won't look so much like a Game Maker 3d game), but your best bet is to use darkbasic or Blitz3D or the Torque3D engine. Blitz and Torque are ~$100, which is cheap considering what you want to do (and how much work you won't have to do if you buy either). darkbasic will more than likely take some time to get used to (especially if you don't have any programming experience), but it is powerful and cheap.

Actually, you can make 3D games with blender, but you need to know coding... Blender is a 3D modeling & Animation, plus a game enging w/physics and has a built in compiler. I have example game, well, not really games but i have a FPS example that shoots out yellow things at objects, and a cool car example too... I have the latest version, 2.42.
Edited by philly_poggy (see edit history)

Pls help me

Free 3d Game Tool?

Replying to cangor

From personal experiance it is possible to create 3Dgames but it takes years. I'm thinking of creating a online game like runescape using blender and python I need 5 Programers who is willing to learn Python. I will also need 5 graphics artists who is willing to learn Blender. I will create the server and Client and need 5 people to help me do this. So a total of 15 people and I would appreciate programers that can do 3D graphics on blender and visa versa. I would like to know if the game should be based in medievel or what. Anyone interested can e-mail me at wayne_312 att live.Com I will only be able to pay when the game is created. Every1 who helpes will free membership forever. So only 15-20 people who would like to help. 5 graphics artists and 5 programers and 5 people who do both and some people to help create the server and client.

-reply by Wayne

im a noob help!Free 3d Game Tool?hey I just started learning how to program in blitz3d but the free compiler u can download at their site for some odd reason wont let me test the game so I was wondering if anyone knows of a free 3d game compiler that is compatible with blitz 3dThanks!