xisto Community
mbd5882

? Doesn't G-mail Notifier Work Wit Firefox? ??Why??

Does anyone know ? g-mail Notifier doesnt work on Firefox?

It doesnt log u in it jus takz u 2 tha login PG.

Do u know ?.

I accually work @ Google so its embarrasin askin hre.

Huh? The Gmail Notifer is desigened for Firefox. Well make sure you have the latest version. if that doesnt work you can try installing the plugin again. If that doesnt work then im sorry i cant really help. Mine works fine.

I'v tha neWWs'D v. & it 'Oesnt WRRk.Hhhhhheeeeeeeellllllppppppppppppppppppp............................please.In English=I have the newest version and it still doesn't work.Help...I am ***. <[Not my fault, i'm just translating it.]

What's your OS? (Man that's a lot to go through...) Anyway, as stated above, it's an independent application, meaning you don't need to have it plugged in to a browser for it to work. You see it in the taskbar and it's a letter (for mail) icon.

Well what you need to do is firstly go into:

Tools>Extensions and delete the Gmail Notifier plug-in

Then click the update button on the top right and install it again.

134733[/snapback]

Right... well the Gmail Notifier is not an extension. Gmail.com (or gmail.google.com) is a secure site (you can tell when the address bar turns yellow and a lock appears), so the only way you should be able to login is by acually typing in your account name and password. Also, if you artificially sent the form data...

Goolge notifer should work with Firefox as it is designed for it. Check if you have the latest version of Firefox and G-mail Notifier. I think the lates version is Gmail Notifier v1.0.24.0 thats what i have got installed. But i do not know about firefox. I hope this helps you.

Everything is new, Even my OS win Xp build sumit. Firefox updated every hour[Checks] and it just installed a language update 5 mins ago.

There is two Google Email Notifers. One is for Microsoft Windows, which sits down in your taskbar by the system time. And theres another one which is a extension, or plugin for Firefox.If you have problems with either, make sure that your firewall, or router isnt blocking connections to either of those applications.

Mines in my taskbar,And my firewalls not blocking it, Its just that it doesnt log-in with firefox.With IE when u double click the taskbat item it loads up and auto logs-in.I still need help-I have all the latest updates on everything.Thanks,FFC Webmaster,Asad Haider.

The reason why it doesn't log you in, is because you haven't selected the checkbox "Remember my details." on the gmail.com site.