xisto Community
tonic

Use Trap17 As A Domain?

I'm thinking about getting a paid host, but I'd like to keep my sub-domain at Xisto. Is it possible for me to use my Xisto account as domain only??

well no.

Acualy I'd say yes, and no!Not in adirect way per say. I don't think it is possable to do if you wanted be direct like a normal domain. I actauly don't think it is possable at all, even if you were root on the server. That being said I can think of several ways around the problem.

1. I would change my Xisto index.html page to a page with a redirect script, so that when your visitors go to zhe.trap17.com they go to a page that says something like, you are being redirected to zhe.com, please wait a moment or click here. You know we've all seen them.

2. Or I would change the index page to a simple frame that's source was the index page of your host, this is very simmilar to the way .tk domains are handled, yourname.tk is actualy an index.html on their servers that contains your page inside a frame!

I don't know how to do this right off the top of my head but I could do some looking, or further clearifying if you would like, just post back.

Hope that helps. :(

It'll be possible IF the admins of Xisto allows that and point an A alias to computer hosting.. I'm sure they'll agree because you give them buiness!!

even your paid hosti is Xisto but you still can't use the subdomain....haha.if you have money buy a host why you have money to buy a domain?if you have mony for a domain .. you like your subdomain more than your top level domain ..plz give your top domain to me then i will give you my subdomain of Xisto..

He wanted it because lots of ppl know his site as a subdomain so changing to a top level domain may even make some of his images disappear...

if it's that matter

"He wanted it because lots of ppl know his site as a subdomain so changing to a top level domain may even make some of his images disappear... "

you just made a script <?php
echo=" we 'd changed our domain to a toplevel domain "http://ww2.yourname.com/ enjoy it"
php?>
on your index page of your "yourname.trap17.com" but you just use a new index page for your top level domain..
all right i?