xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Darker333

Adobe Ps Cs ( 8.0 )

I have a quick question. Is Adobe Photoshop CS ( 8.0 ) worth buying? * LOoks at the rediculous 400$ sign* I mean I know it;s awsome but for building a website is it worth it I mean. See im making my own custom designs so I need to know is CS is really really good.~Fuhrer Darkerr 333

It may be very expensive but will be very very useful! I am only using Photoshop 7 and I am planning to upgrade to CS. in the Philippines buying A sofware like Adobe Photoshop CS is not very expensive.the price of the software is almost as much as the price of a brand new computer but it will be worth it. you could just do anything on your graphics, even unimaginable techniques. but I advise you to practice first on lower versions and as well try other photo enhancement softwares to know which one would be compatible (sic) for you.

You should download the trial (30 days) to see how it fits you... Overall photoshop is a great tool, but maybe you should wait for the next version... (I aint sure if there will be a new version though...). Combined with ImageReady (included for free) you can make great websites! :

I have a quick question. Is Adobe Photoshop CS ( 8.0 ) worth buying? * LOoks at the rediculous 400$ sign* I mean I know it;s awsome but for building a website is it worth it I mean. See im making my own custom designs so I need to know is CS is really really good.

~Fuhrer Darkerr 333

132991[/snapback]

Perhaps I have not used Photoshop 7x as proficient as possible, however, I do not see major difference between 7x and CS. Although, CS is much more compatible with the newer Adobe Premiere titling (supports mask and layer properties), Adobe Encore (PSD can be imported without flattening the layers), etc. Therefore, is it worth upgrading... I guess if you couldn't do it on 7x before, chances are you probably won't find/do it on CS (like me). But your attention runs towards the entire Adobe suite, especially with Premiere 1.5, you should think about upgrading to CS.

*Note on price:

If you or anyone you know who are in high school or university, and you are in US, you can apply for educational discount. I purchased mine for 50% off the retail price PLUS a nice upgrade rebate.

Good luck

I have a quick question. Is Adobe Photoshop CS ( 8.0 ) worth buying? * LOoks at the rediculous 400$ sign* I mean I know it;s awsome but for building a website is it worth it I mean. See im making my own custom designs so I need to know is CS is really really good.

~Fuhrer Darkerr 333

132991[/snapback]

I don't think so. There are alternative programs for free. Like the GIMP, a free photo-editing program, wich can be downloaded from https://www.gimp.org/ (also a program for Linux and MAC)

But I think that Photoshop is also a great program, but much to exprensive for me.

hmm... worth it or not... you wont know, because it takes a good 6 -8 months fiddling around with photoshop to learn and actually utilize the software, if you just wanted basic graphics editing why not try Paint shop pro, paint shop pro is a good program for editing graphics, but if you are asking me, at first, the 400$ price tag will look extremely ridiculous, but once you start using it, you will get to know the real value..but let me tell ya, there is a reason for the 400$ mammoth price.

beware, file compression alogrithm is unmatchable by another other software present out there, (refer: http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1020167)... and i dont know if slicing images is present in paintshop(or is it?)

anyway, download the trial version and check it out, if you like it buy it, OTHERWISE.. DONT!!!

cheers,
Tariq

Adobe Photoshop is definately worth the money. Its a great program to work with for images. It requires some skill, but after learning how to work the program, it all pays off.I would recommend to download the trial off of Adobe's website, give it a hands on experience, and then choose if Adobe Phostoshop is the right program for you.

Photoshop CS2 just came out, with alot of new features and improvements. If dont work as a graphic designer or editor there isnt any point of purchasing this $400 software (in some cases, the softwares are given for free). If you just want to use it for occasional web design or edit some photos then there are some nice free alternatives like GIMP, which I highly recommend. (make sure you download a plugin which makes gimp's interface acts like Photoshop, so you can follow online PS tutorials easier)

~Fuhrer Darkerr 333

132991[/snapback]

if all you're planning on buying photoshop for is building a website, there are much better alternatives out there. even there's the "celeron" version of Photoshop, --Elements, which should be fine for light work. CS is really really good, yes. CS2 is even better!!! it's the greatest out there, for creating web stuff, but NOT worth the price tag if that's all you'll use it for. For optimizing photos and such there are other programs such as JPEG Optimizer, which allow even more control than Photoshop over the optimizing of selected parts of the photo. --and they are a hell of a lot cheaper.