xisto Community
spawn_syxx9

Paypal.. Safe Or Not? well is it?

question about paypalPaypal.. Safe Or Not?hey I have yet to use paypal or sign up.I was wondering when you sign up they take the money out of your banking account with your debit right? I was wondering when you do a checkout at ebay you of course don't have to send no payment with item number right?Because I assume the payment is taking out of your account.I was wondering does paypal do amonthly service fee if you don't order nothing? 

-reply by Matt

In my opinion and experience I have never had a problem with paypal. I dont have a bank account but I do, do alot of transactions online and I have a paypal visa debit card, Which when Iget paid or money in my paypal account I have access to it immediately I dont have to wait for it to transfer to a bank account or anyother type of account. I love it and think its great. So my opinion again is yes paypal is safe!

I'd say that PayPal is safe. Most people that have used PayPals have no problem. The only problems could maybe be some minor ones, such as delayed processing time. Processing is usually instant, but may take up to an hour. PayPal has a secured connection.Also, just because merchants choose to run their own payment processing system dosent mean that PayPal is not safe. It just means that they could be looking for some features that PayPal does not have to offer. Also, PayPal may charge a higher fee, PLUS, the credit card company may also charge extra as well. This is why some merchants choose to run their own billing system.

Edited by harrison858 (see edit history)

no. paypal is cheaper than any merchant account out there. that is one of the conveniences of paypal. it will never compete with a dedicated merchant account though....i don't know why you think paypal would be more expensive. do you even use it? i would LOVE to find a merchant acount cheaper than the fees paypal charges!

no. paypal is cheaper than any merchant account out there. that is one of the conveniences of paypal. it will never compete with a dedicated merchant account though....i don't know why you think paypal would be more expensive. do you even use it? i would LOVE to find a merchant acount cheaper than the fees paypal charges!

Isn't it possible that the merchant could do this directly to the customer instead of having to process it through something else?

I have been a PayPal customer or member whichever you call it, Anyway I have never had any trouble with it, As far as I know it is very safe and secure you should have no worries about using them. I have only heard good things, This is the first I have heard of anything bad. Anyway goodluck with whatever you choose to do.

are you kidding me??? if you have only heard good things then you haven't done your research and if you haven't done your research in who you are trusting your money with then you're treading on thin ice. all you heard was good things, huh? i would love for you to tell that to the THOUSANDS of merchants who was awarded almost 10 mil in a class action lawsuit. this wasn't very common knowledge. you know why? paypal settled out of court. now 10 mil is nothing for paypal and it was a smart move because the courts could never deem paypal's practices are wrong or illegal and forced to change the way they do business. since then they have been doing the same crap as always and in some peoples opinions, it's gotten worse.

you are telling me you have never heard of paypal freezing accounts? tell that to the thousands who have there accounts frozen each year. and it's LEGAL because paypal is not regulated and your money is FAR from protected compared to if you went with a real merchant account and your money was directly deposited to your own finacial institution.

now someone mentioned that ebay owns paypal? guess what??? if a seller sells and ships something to a buyer and the buyer lies and complains that he never recieved the shipment, paypal's common solution to hundreds of people who have experienced this is paypal will take out the cost of the product from their account until they can prove the buyer recieved it. that s pure B.S. people and tis is paypals common practice since they are not regulated yet in any way which means right now they have the power to pretty much do anything they want.

i can't believe people can use a company like paypal and not do their research in the complaints they have against them. if anyone gets burned, you deserve it for not doing your research. this is maining for the merchants or the sellers who use paypal and recieve money in to their accounts. this warning is not so much for the one who buy through paypal but there are horror stories in those situations as well.

anyone who says paypal is safe is fooling themselves. people use paypal because paypal is convenient. not because it's safe. GOOGLE paypal complaints people. i am not making this stuff up!!!

I have been a PayPal customer or member whichever you call it, Anyway I have never had any trouble with it, As far as I know it is very safe and secure you should have no worries about using them. I have only heard good things, This is the first I have heard of anything bad. Anyway goodluck with whatever you choose to do.

the only thing I dislike about paypal is that they randomly take out money and put it back in my bank account.... other then that, paypal is ok for somethings....

I agree with anwiii - paypal is only convenient but not entirely safe. I use it regularly but am still cautious about what I do with my account. What I don't like about paypal is its unpredictable actions. I almost lost all the money I earned on the net due to one small lapse on my part and due to paypal's meaningless actions. It was my mistake in the first place to give my paypal address to an untrusted person. That person sent some funds from a stolen account to my account, and for that paypal promptly froze my account, and all the money in it. I was asked to prove my identity (my acc is stlll unverified as I haven't got a card yet and I don't want to link my bank account)I submitted a ticket regarding this, and luckily, they unfroze my account because the amount transferred was small. Anyway, this action shocked me because there should have been a more sensible way to deal with this matter! Now I've decided to create a fresh bank account and link it to paypal, bring all my money out and put it in my real bank account, so that even if paypal screws with my account, there won't be any huge damage. I see paypal just as a convenient gateway to accept my funds. I would never say that it is entirely safe.

I must say I've never used Paypal before, but I've created an account. My friend uses Paypal (two friends, actually) and finds it completely safe. One even linked her parents credit card details to buy things from eBay!But I don't know yet, and I won't know until I earn some money online, which is pretty hard at the moment considering I don't know where to start earning money apart from Xisto and that doesn't really count because it doesn't require Paypal to operate the hosting package.

Paypal is a double edged knife, about three months ago i had some obscure company try and take $150 out my bank which was like ?70 at the time luckily my bank turned it down becuase i dont have an overdraft(still being 17).You should always be incredibly careful when trading money over the internet, Paypal is not really worth it if you wont be using it too often( which is my case) but if something does go wrong paypal does have some rather annoying uber security features to work out what happened and unlock your account (i didn't realise my account had been locked for three months >.<)

I've been using paypal for more than an year now. I've been quite content with their service until now but I've got stuck on a problem. I wanted to verify my account and after getting a card so I followed the process and after completing with all my card info I found that my card wasn't able to handle other currency that my country has. Now I want to go and make a new card this time that handle US and EUR currencies too but in my account I can't find a way to erase the other card info which paypal still waits for it to be activated. Also they have this annoying 100$ limit for non-verified accounts. I already passed that limit on my issued account and I still have money there. So I have to wait an whole year to use them. This sucks. Lately I've observed that they are charging more fees. Which hadn't happened till now. I started designing for quite some time now so Paypal is an important service for me because most of the clients use it for payments. I still couldn't solve the problem stated before and for now Im just going to wait for that limit to get off so I can get my money. I recently created a new account where I recieve payments. That's all for now. Overall is a good service but for sure not perfect :lol:.