xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Becca

Disk Usage Not Working

Hello I recently created a new forum and then upgraded it to a newer version. But then I decided I didn't want them no more and deleted them.But when I deleted them the space it was taking up didn't go back down in the Disk Usage bit and then I had a look at the Disk Usage Viewer thing and the forums I had deleted werent there. I don't know whether it only deleted the forum files the scripts recognised or what?? Well my space is runing out I want to install new stuff with requires more space and well. Disk usage 101.46 / 150.00 MBopefully someone will understand what I am talking about.

database eats up disk space also. if it's not deleted with your forum uninstall, you may have to delete the database via cpanel. clean up other DBs which you are not using anymore. although DB size may not be that significant, it can add more to your disk space if you get rid of unused DBs.or, it could just be another cpanel glitch (like the bandwidth glitch, which incorrectly reports bandwidth usage in cpanel). wait for a day, then check again...

I've already waited for a day and a half.. And it probably IS my mysql... it currently says : SQL Disk usage 0.79 MBdon't know... Thanks for the help..

tried that ages ago. thanks

Hey I got the same problem. I just removed an installation of geeklog and was about to install PHPnuke, but then I noticed the disk usage never went down after removing geeklog. I have checked in the cpanel disk usage and it shows nothing bigger than 0.8MB and that is my images folder. I also checked by ftp but nope the folder is gone and so is my disk space. :o

In your public_html folder do you have any other files / folders / or directories.

/ public_html / (Current Folder)  _private  755
_vti_bin  755
_vti_cnf  755
_vti_log  755
_vti_pvt  750
_vti_txt  755
cgi-bin  755
images  755
.htaccess 0 k 644
_vti_inf.html 1 k 644
index.html 10 k 755
postinfo.html

Because this is the default settings for that folder.

I have this in my /public_html: _fpclass 755 _private 755 _themes 755 _vti_bin 755 _vti_cnf 755 _vti_log 755 _vti_pvt 750 _vti_txt 755 cgi-bin 755 images 755 Create New File .htaccess 0 k 644 _vti_inf.html 1 k 644 index.html 1 k 755 postinfo.html 2 k 644Can I safely delete the stuff not listed in your post? At the moment I have nothing on my site. It is empty so I have no scripts installed that would be messed up or anything.

yes I probably have over 100.. but they are only about 15kb or less each..?

In cPanel, try looking in the 'Disk Usage Viewer'. It will show you how much space each of the directories is taking up.Where it says '15kb', this is the size of the actual existance of that directory only; not any of the files or other subfolders under it. If that makes any sernse.

It is some unknown error that NilsC is looking into right now. I had my hosting account deleted then re-activated cuz we thought it might fix the problem and at first it appeared to have done the trick, but not long after I began having disk quota exceeded errors while uploading a whole 1.9MB. I'm not in any particular hurry as my site has not been advertised yet, but it kinda put a damper on the idea of getting my site design finished today. Oh well there is always the army sys!(I hope :o )

In cPanel, try looking in the 'Disk Usage Viewer'. It will show you how much space each of the directories is taking up.

Where it says '15kb', this is the size of the actual existance of that directory only; not any of the files or other subfolders under it. If that makes any sernse.

131261[/snapback]

uh.. yeh i know.. not being rude or anything but i meant that way.. EACH file was under... and only TWO were like over 10kb.. and all the rest were 0.1 etc...

maybe it's time to upgrade cpanel (if there is an upgrade)...? just a thought. :o

na.. it's just cpanel problems... i haven't used that amount of mb space.. but it still shows that much and wont go down when i delete things..

na.. it's just cpanel problems... i haven't used that amount of mb space.. but it still shows that much and wont go down when i delete things..

131622[/snapback]

Ya thats how it started for me too, but now the Max space says 20MB which used to say 150MB.

My bandwidth is still 5120MB so this shows that my account has been upgraded to package #2 but somehow it seems as if cpanel has made a hybrid package#1/package#2 account. :lol: