xisto Community
zippy77

Dell, Compaq, Hp, Ibm, Emachine Name Brand Computers Which name brand computers do you think are best?

And as I see it, Dell's margins on PCs will eventually (witin 1-2 years) return to the industry norm. Their process innovation, direct model, and supply chain formula provided a temporary cushion against the competition. With no real R&D budget at Dell, competitors like HP should be able to gain parity on price and ability to deliver (Dell's chief weapon) while beating them on innovation. As Dell grows, more and more of their revenue is attributable to 3rd party products or products where their process innovation does not provide the same benefits as are present in PC production. Expect their margins to fall closer to what you would expect of any e-tailer or distributor.

My PC Brand is HCL. Most of you have never heard of this brand but this in the NO 1 brand here in India. I have my PC since one year and never have any problem. Besides this brand I have experience of only one brand that is Compaq. One of my friends have this PC and really as other members have written here in this thread this is not a good brand.My choice is HCL because their PCs are good and the price is less in compariasion to other brands. I am proud that a local brand has given defeat to the top international brands here in India.

I love emachine. I have never had abyproblems with the computers. There computers are jsut what I need for me I think that they are better tha dell performance wise. The computers that I have used from dell have all been crap as far as there durability. but they run ok. Compaq should just file bankruptcy or something. I do not know they suck though. Hp is a good brand for what you get but they load too much crap onto the computer. Like there is already a gi of just hp programs that excludes basic windows programs. Ibm is yet another crapy company that I can not stand. I think mac is a solid company. Not my favorite but they are solid. Last there is Alienware. I want one but cann not afford one. Heard they are good but have not really checked into them.

think ur right with dell. but i should only recomend dell if u buy a laptop. cause a lot of stuff is very expensive by dell. a memorystick 64 mb : more than ?30 in our country. that i call expensive. but anyway i should always buy a pc created by urself, expect the dell laptops :lol:

HP IS THE BST

Dell, Compaq, Hp, Ibm, Emachine Name Brand Computers

I myself is attached with computer industry from last 10 yeas as on today I can deliver by best exprince that HP IS THE BEST in all point of view in Desktop/Laptop and in service and price point .

Raman Jha

New Delhi

India

-reply by RAMAN JHA

I think DELL is the best, I've used all sorts of laptops and so far I've found DELL to be by far the most powerful. HP is good too but if I had to choose between the two it would definitly be DELL. Nothing else really comes close. :)

Hmmm...I am using an assembled PC. Different parts from different vendors. Pentium4 processor, Mercury case etc...I don't like branded PCs, because these branded PCs are very costly and difficult to upgrade. They cost almost twice to the assembled pc. If I have to go for a branded computer....that will be my laptop. I may go for HCL for laptop. It is somewhat cheap and good.

To me the best brand-name pc's are those made by HP. Their customer service is awesome, and they will even help with issues not related to parts that came in the pc.For example, if you get a real video card, sound card, etc. they will walk you through on how to install it, or even help you out with troubleshooting issues with it. As far as I know no other companies offer that kind of support.Sony is great in terms of looks, but I am not sure how good their service is.