xisto Community
snlildude87

Test Your Php Pages W/o Upload/internet complete *working* guide on how to test your php pages

Very good tutorial on how to do this! I don't think I am going to use this method though, I just open the files directly off the server in Macromedia Dreamweaver 8. I find it much simpler doing ,it this way and also some times these package installers such as XAMPP restrict some features in PHP, may not be the case in this one, but sometimes it does. Anyway nicely written tutorial!Have a good life!-Tom

When I try to run Apache, I get this: "Apache 2 is starting ...<OS 10048>Only one usage of each socket address <protocol/network address/port> is normally permitted. :make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80 no listening sockets available, shutting downUnable to open logs" How can I fix this to make it work?-Merry

Thanks for the tutorial! This is what I am needing. No more save/upload to a website anymore. :)Edit: I installed everything, and it works like a charm. But I need help on how to set up phpMyAdmin? I'm lost at this part, so any help is appreciated.

Edited by Acid (see edit history)

Edit: I installed everything, and it works like a charm. But I need help on how to set up phpMyAdmin? I'm lost at this part, so any help is appreciated.

Go to the phpMyAdmin download page and download the version you want. Extract the files out of the archive you downloaded. Move those to your web server's 'live' folder (the folder you put files in so they can be accessed with the web server) and go through the phpMyAdmin installation page. All of the information you need to fill in is fairly obvious if you have just set up your MySQL server.

Alternatively, on most Linux distributions you can just download the phpMyAdmin package for the latest version.

Acid, If you have an XAMPP installed, phpmyadmin is available by:1. open your Apache Server2. open a Browser window/tab3. enter "localhost" in the Adress Barphpmyadmin is on the left hand side under tools.

Acid, If you have an XAMPP installed, phpmyadmin is available by:

1. open your Apache Server
2. open a Browser window/tab
3. enter "localhost" in the Adress Bar

phpmyadmin is on the left hand side under tools.

Oh, thanks a lot. :) I appreciate it!

Acid, If you have an XAMPP installed, phpmyadmin is available by:

1. open your Apache Server
2. open a Browser window/tab
3. enter "localhost" in the Adress Bar

phpmyadmin is on the left hand side under tools.

well its almoust the same on wamp

enter localhost

and on left side at bottm it is.. or just type localhost/phpmyadmin -.- no diffrence =)

Apache php and MySQL

Test Your Php Pages W/o Upload/internet

Hi,

Can you please help...I have completed the installation of XAMPP as laid out in your tutorial but Apache will not start, when I try to do it a get a busy message, MySQL is fine and shows as running. Each time I click on start Apache it returns busy.

Any ideas please?

-question by Mike Parker

wamp!!!Test Your Php Pages W/o Upload/internet

I use WAMP (not XAMP) and I'm pretty happy with it...

It has a nice tray icon where you can control lots of things (including PHP and Apache settings) with a couple of clicks.

Before that I used to install Apache and PHP the manual way, installing apache, installing PHP, configuring all text configuration files manually, and issuing console commands to install the service... /txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley1.Gif

Thankfully I never had to go as far as to compie that thing... Lol...Its cool what used to take half a day now can be done in 5 minutes or less.