xisto Community
snlildude87

Test Your Php Pages W/o Upload/internet complete *working* guide on how to test your php pages

Thank you, Razor and Codename :)I believe you can use MySQL with XAMPP because it says in its features that it comes with MySQL. I personally have never tried MySQL by myself (my blog takes care of all coding), so I really have no experience in that field. :lol:It's always worth a try...

xaamp allows you to do alot! it's a great thing to have!oh and ps, you can use mysql with xaamp! XAAMP comes with PHPMyAdmin!

I noticed it comes with phpMyAdmin, but can't you let the scripts auto-install and auto-create the tables and data alone as you do on the normal server? Thought that would be possible, but I'm not 100% sure. If that could be done (a.k.a a normal mySQL server), please say, and everyone'll appreciate your extraordinary knowledge in this field of computer science :lol:

awesome, instant server, i love it! thanks! i have been trying to get everything working together for a long time now, but now it is all in one! im sooo happy! lol thx for sharing with us m8

huh? are you saying the mysql user name is root? if so yeah it is, but there isnt a password, unless you set it.the mysql settings at install areHost: LocalhostUser: rootpassword: {none} //you have to set this after the install

It's not working, I get a 404 when I try to visit it. I followed your instructions exactly and I can't get it to work. Do I need to delete all files in the htdocs folder?

Just today i was trying to get apache and php configure on my pc, i installed both but it still wouldent work, and i came up to this tutorial, which i great, it fixed my problem and i dont have to do so much editing to all the files of apache. Thanks

Hey snlildude this tutorial is bomb!  Thanks a lot, it answered all my questions and a lot more!  <addrep snlildude87="+1"></addrep> :(

133423[/snapback]

Thanks. :(

It's not working, I get a 404 when I try to visit it. I followed your instructions exactly and I can't get it to work. Do I need to delete all files in the htdocs folder?

138643[/snapback]

Did you Start on my Apache by clicking on xampp-control.exe in c:\apachefriends\xampp? Did you save testphp.php in your c:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs folder? Did you enter in LOCALHOST/testphp.php in your browser's address bar?

Just today i was trying to get apache and php configure on my pc, i installed both but it still wouldent work, and i came up to this tutorial, which i great, it fixed my problem and i dont have to do so much editing to all the files of apache.

Thanks

138649[/snapback]

Your welcome. :(

Did you Start on my Apache by clicking on xampp-control.exe in c:\apachefriends\xampp? Did you save testphp.php in your c:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs folder? Did you enter in LOCALHOST/testphp.php in your browser's address bar?

Your welcome. :(

138654[/snapback]

Yes, I did. Maybe I need to open port 80?

Awsome! Thanks for the tutorial! It worked without a hitch! This is going to help me make my site without uploading a couple hundred files over and over and over and over! Thanks!>_>:(And over and over and over....

Yes, I did. Maybe I need to open port 80?

138732[/snapback]

Hmm, when you said you got a 404 error...is it like the standard 404 error that you see on Apache servers?

Not Found

The requested URL /testphp.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

[hr=noshade][/hr]

Apache/1.3.33 Server at localhost Port 80

If so, then you have successfully set up an Apache server on your computer or else you would receive a message saying that localhost could not be found (or something similar)...

If you get the message above, then try entering in "localhost" in your browser's address bar, and tell me if it works. :(