xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mzwebfreak

Fave Sci-fi Movie(s)

What sci-fi movies do you like the best/most? Even though I'm a big Star Trek fan, the only ones I really liked was Star Trek IV, about the whales, and Generations. For more of the "mainstream" sci-fi, I like stuff like Blade Runner, Star Wars, and Imposter...If I think of more, I'll add, but for now, what's everybody else like?

I am a big fan of Science Fiction but I'm not such a big fan that I like all sci-fi movies just because they're sci-fi. There's so much great sci-fi out there but even more, way more, really dissapointing movies of the sci fi genre. My favourite sci-fi would have to be the first matrix, really good- even though it was based on ancient principles, it was still a very original movie. I'm also a big fan of star wars but as time goes by it's starting to lose it's appeal a fair bit. I also still enjoy many of the old "classic" sci fi television shows such as Quantum leap. Some of the newer one are of real good quality and can be extremely enterntaining with particular reference to the stargate series. The stargate series was a brilliant adaptation from move to tv that many have tried and not pulled off.I also enjoyed more recent sci-fi movies such as minority report,

My list of favourite sci-fi films include: The Matrix (first movie, of course), The Empire Strikes Back (Episode 5 of the original trilogy), Star Trek II - The Wrath of Kahn, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, Aliens, The Terminator, Logan's Run and Blade Runner.That's about all I can think of off the top of my head for now. I'll add some more later on.

The Matrix Series was alright. I think the one movie I like that a person could put in the "Sci-Fi" genre would be Donnie Darko, oddly enough. The directors cut presents the movie in a much more sci-fi light, expanding on the time travel aspect of it. Whats odd is that what I like about the movie has nothing to do with sci-fi part of it, I really like the dialogue and the concept of a flawed society. SO I guess I don't like sci fi then.

I don?t understand sci-fi as a genre that has to be related to aliens, paranormal forces, astral trips, etc, so I think that Donnie Darko is a real science fiction film with the necessary doses of reality to stay "near the truth". I love that film.Donnie Darko is inspired in David Lynch cinema, absolutely my favourite director with such an awesome surrealistic and obscure sci-fi films like Lost Highway, Eraserhead or Mulholand Drive... whenever a film doesn?t have a plain explanation, for me its science fiction so I think those film are. I also love Darren Aronofsky?s PI: faith in chaos... a disturbing mathematic conspiracy and Cube and Cypher from Vincenzo NataliBut my favourite classic it?s Blade Runner, succesful in joining noir with science fiction that makes a great difference with other products (still good) like Matrix (I?m talking about the first one, of course). :lol:

The only good sci-fi movie that i can think of and like is matrix the first other wise i would just the dr who, star trek, star gate i can name a few movies some of you could have seen. Alien, Alien vs Predetor, War of the Worlds, Starwars, Honey I Shrunk the Kids, AI, I Robot, Back to the futur, Independence Day, The Call and Hitch Hickers Guide to the Galaxy which is also a noval.

Well I'm a fan of Science Fiction Movieand I've lot of favorite scifi movies, the obvious one is Artificial intelligence, iRobot, Independence day, Terminator, Minority Report, well actually so many but I can't remember every one of them.By the way, is Robocop Counts? :)

I dont exactly like them type of films..but i have seen 2 - 3 ..and one of them is Star Trek : Nemesis..i actually thurrarly enjoyed that , it was the first sci fi movie i had seen...the rest of the other i had seen were other star trek movies but they dont really appeal to me.

I like Sci-Fi a lot, and enjoy some of the older Black and white stuff too. As far as the new stuff, I like Aliens Sigourney Weaver, The new Star trek actress Zoe Saldana (Beautiful) and Samantha Shook in Empire of Danger.Replying to mzwebfreak-reply by Depot