xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Darker333

Credits Per Month? A suggestions to ensure activity

My name is Darker333 and this is my first Suggestion post!

Well, if you want to ENSURE activity, then my suggestion is to really set up a meter that says how many credits you need to avoid a certain day period before your account expires. Now, let's look at this:

Current after Package 2: 21.6 Credits

-.something per day.

To keep your account alive, you need to stay away from the 0 by posting and when you post a lot of a long time the counter will stop going down, depending on Admins approval. When the counter reaches 0.. BAM, you will get a 3-5 day notice saying you need to activate your account by posting!

This would be a great way to know when you need to go on and have a 1 hour visit each 2 weeks to ensure your activity here!

How about having to deduct the amount of credit after every 3 days?? You seguestions is not bad.. An email notification is gd..

what happens when you go on holidays for more than two weeks and do not really have access to the internet?

I'm sorry, what exactly are you suggesting? That there should be email notification when you're running out of credits?

129816[/snapback]

yeah i don't understand it either:S:S

plz be more spificed:)

i don't get email notification...

dark, what you have suggested is exactly how it works right now.each one of your hosting credits is worth ONE day of inactivity. You lose 1 hosting credit every day. When your hosting credits reach 0, your account is disabled. To unsuspend your account you have to come on here and post. You have to post until you get about 4 credits before it gets unsuspended.The only thing is that you might not get email notification. So I've heard....

I don't think we need email notification. Its quite fair if the admin suspend our accounts without email notification - simply because that is being inactive... if we have an account here we can know for how many days our credit(s) can last. If we are active, we can know it.. of course if we are not - even though email notification is being sent - we won't have time to reactivate as well. If one can go online for some other purpose, why not spend few minutes at Xisto.com forum to keep his/her account alive!!?And what he'd said is being practised here right now except for email notification which I feel is unnecessary.

On the negative side, this may encouarge junk posting and people coming in once and posting a huge with tonnes of unneccessary images and excessive use of the

tag to increase their post size.

dark, what you have suggested is exactly how it works right now.

each one of your hosting credits is worth ONE day of inactivity.  You lose 1 hosting credit  every day.  When your hosting credits reach 0, your account is disabled.  To unsuspend your account you have to come on here and post.  You have to post until you get about 4 credits before it gets unsuspended.

The only thing is that you might not get email notification.  So I've heard....

129922[/snapback]

no9t9, correct... thank you.. perfect answer

I don't think we need email notification. Its quite fair if the admin suspend our accounts without email notification - simply because that is being inactive... if we have an account here we can know for how many days our credit(s) can last. If we are active, we can know it.. of course if we are not - even though email notification is being sent - we won't have time to reactivate as well.

If one can go online for some other purpose, why not spend few minutes at Xisto.com forum to keep his/her account alive!!?

And what he'd said is being practised here right now except for email notification which I feel is unnecessary.

129989[/snapback]

Thank you, I agree. :lol:

The reason we don't send the notification is:

We had a round of fake suspension emails sent out and we took off the warning email. If you have 10 to 50 hosting credits there is no need to go online everyday, but when you come online you look at your hosting credits and if you post anything, look at the credits before you leave.

If you need a babysitter you should get one, don't rely on us to babysit you. We have over 200 hosted members here and most stay active... (If this was paid hosting you would get an invoice, maybe change to paid hosting would help) :)

If you own a car and the tank is going to empty while you are driving are you going to blame the gas-station for not reminding you to fill up? You propably drove by a few and nobody came out to warn you... maybe thats the car manufactures fault???

The suggestion: I think we should have a counter that displays how many hosting credits we have leftThe Answer: The number of hosting credits you have left is the number of days you can stay inactive. If you had 20 credits today, and you didn't post, you would have 19 tomorrow. The credits decrease 1 per day. 300 characters in a post would bring it up by one. That means, 2100 characters or more is required for one week (7 days). The counter will never stop, so you must post to stay active. -1 credits (or not posting for 1 day or more after zero) means your hosting is suspended. -30 credits (or not posting for 30 days after zero) means your hosting is deleted automatically. In order to get it back within suspension, you must get +4 credits (or posting 1200 characters in posts after your credits have reached zero) before the counter reaches -30.Suggestion is already one of the features, so topic is closed.