xisto Community
GrayWinds

Free Mmorpgs post free MMOrgs here

Travian is a good one check it out http://www.travian.com/

I'm with new-world-order on this. I'm a big fan of Travian, and I see that it has been around for quite a long time, and is still going strong. The current version of Travian is v3, which probably wasn't around when new-world-order made his/her post above. The graphics, while still simple, are certainly better than previous versions, and new gaming features such as the ability to conquer oases with Heros, adds to the fun of this browser-based MMOG.

For those who don't know what Travian is, think of a simplified version of Settlers of Catan, mixed with elements of Age of Empires, but with only three races, the Romans, Gauls (French), and Teutons (Germans). The resources available are Lumber, Clay, Iron and Crop, with Crop being the most valuable as it is used to feed your army as well as for building upgrades. Research done in the Academy allows you to train more advanced military units. Once an army is trained up, it can be sent out to attack an opposing village, with the outcome of the battle dependent upon the quantity of offensive cavalry and/or infantry troops, and any upgrades they have, versus the quantity of defensive cavalry and/or infantry troops, and any upgrades they have, plus any defensive battlements, such as a Palisade Wall. Scouts can be sent before the attack is launched to determine the disposition of the target's troops, and reinforcements can be sent to bolster the defenses of the defending village. Seige engines can be used to overcome the effects of battlements, and waves of attacks can be sent out to try to outwit the defenders. Counter-attacks can be made while the incoming attack is away from their home village. Team-play is encouraged with groups of players forming into Alliances for coordinated attacks and defending. As these Alliances grow, they will often form branches, known as wings. These Alliances and their wings become a Confederacy, through diplomatic ties. Non-aggression pacts can also be negotiated. Eventually larger Confederacies will partner up, forming meta-Alliances that can hold the balance of power on an entire Travian server.

But such a massive show of unified force would make the game quickly boring for non allied players if there wasn't some form of check and balance. In Travian, this comes in the form of the Natars, a fourth race, mythical in nature, that are released on the unsuspecting inhabitants of the game world after a certain period of time. The Natars are ruthless, brutal, and bloodthirsty NPC's that will attack anyone arbitrarily, no matter what strong friends their victim may have. The Natars are the great leveler in Travian, and many large meta-Alliances have been brought low by them. Should an Alliance be strong enough to defeat a Natar village, they may uncover the plans for building a massive Wonder of the World, a building so great that it can only be built on a certain type of valley plot (which first must be found) and even then costs such an enormous amount of resources that no one player could do it alone, and the support of a solid team is needed to achieve such a thing. The first Alliance to raise a World Wonder to level 100 wins the server and the game is over. But doing so is not easy, as anyone who begins a World Wonder instantly becomes target of both Natars and other enemy Alliances alike.

This is a brief primer of what Travian is all about. There is much, much more to it than this, but you get the general idea, I'm sure.

Replying to UberGrossMannCoughcough wacko 9 or 50 y/o with waterpistol coughcough(Coughing was for subtlety)Dude, just because you have an imaginary gun doesn't mean you're tough. Chances are you cant even lift the thing, to much time drooling over your keyboard coughAnna Nichole Smithcough. Try being a nice person, suprisingly it isnt going to cause you harm, and may prevent people from taking your call on seriously and shooting you. (Please don't shoot him by the way, I'm sure he just needs a nap, thats all.):D Enjoy your day -reply by Laughs at psycho

Maplestory is really fun. I found it extremely addictive for about three years. I started playing around 10 years old. Right now, I find it a bit childish with those graphics but the game play is actually find of fun if you get involved in the community. When I played, I tried to promote for player-started events and started some myself. I liked to play Maplestory because of: -The classes, the skills, and the fact that getting to the level cap is extremely hard. -The community is friendly. -GM are events are occurring more. -New items and game content just about every three weeks to a month. -The are a few other things, but I am too lazy to list them. You could play MS at maplestory.nexon.net or mapleglobal.com -------- Both go to same link. Minimum System Req. Recommended System Req. CPU: Celeron 500MHz CPU: P3-700MHz or higher RAM: 64MB RAM: 128MB RAM HDD: 300MB Disk Space HDD: 500MB Disk Space OS: MS Windows 98/ME/2K/XP OS: MS Windows 98/ME/2K/XP VGA: 3D Acceleration Card VGA: 3D Acceleration Card SOUND: None SOUND: 16bit Sound Card NETWORK: 56kbps Modem NETWORK: Cable Modem That is about it, I hoped this helped!! =)

Gunbound is kinda fun. It is a strategy aiming game where you use power and angles to bypass the wind and attacking other bots. You can download and register at ijji.com. =)

Edited by Tran-Gate (see edit history)

I will agree Runescape is horrible.The best MMORPG I've played and, infact, am still playing is Perfect World. I love that game. I think it's superior to WoW, and it's a freebie.

-reply by MetroidJunkie

CorrectionFree Mmorpgs

Runescape is good since last time rubbish graphics, nobby places but now, WOWO HD is released wicked graphics hd, and you need a good graphics card for Normal Definition, and a better one for HD Normal is nice, still cool graphics but high definition is better, and Dragon Platebody and Claws have been released for members I am a member it is worth it, and if you play on WoW whats the point of paying for a MMORPG like runescape, so there is a point, if you don't like paying but you like paying for WoW your a noob, if you go in GAME or Game Station they have it AND it is about 10 Pound... Yes yes I knowits forever, but what if theres not a game store near you and you do it by website its a Monthly Fee, when there is only a monthly fee on runescape members is if you use credit card, you absoulute Noob.

I think the game hobos of biz is an awsome game. They are just starting it and need help from any who would volunteer but it looks like a hobo version of the normal fantasy morpg. I like the idea of hobos asa focus point. I mean the possibilities are endless they could take it wherever they wanted! thats my vote so Please help them if you can