xisto Community
GrayWinds

Free Mmorpgs post free MMOrgs here

They might be text, but their entire system is incredible. Large worlds with lots of players. Intense PvP for those who like that type of thing. But it's not entirely focused around PvP combat. There's a huge range of things to do. Only pay if you choose to. There's lots of characters who have done well without spending any money. IRE Games, The biggest, and best: Achaea, Dreams of Divine Lands A much stricter RP atmosphere, but alright: Imperian A bit of a different twist to the others: Lusternia, Age of Ascension The worst of the lot, last resort: Aetolia, the Midnight Age

-cry- Really need an edit button...By worst, I meant, not quite as good, but still awesome... :rolleyes:

One game I really like is Shattered Galaxies. It's a strategy RPG game. Meaning that you have units like an RTS that you purchase and such, but they level and you can buy new weapons and armors for them. In addition, you as a commander level allowing you to move to different places and purchase better units/upgrades. Yes it is free, the proof is here:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

They have a pay package with some extra features, but the free version is prefectly good too (especially since I've never tried the paid version...).

Maplestory is an okay rpg. The community is horrible though. People kill steal very often and sometimes steal your stuff. There are very few friendly people. Most people just want stuff from you whether its levelling or items. If it weren't for the crappy community, this would definately be a great game.

Survival Project is a fighting rpg. It's an interesting idea. However, it gets boring quickly. At least, it did for me. You basically go through levels fighting enemies in a quest-style fashion or duke it out against other players. You win money and elements, which you use to upgrade your weapons and such. There are quite a few characters to choose from. There are many unfriendly people here too, but there are quite a few friendly people too. You just need to find them... You can find out more about it here:

http://www.survival.com.my/

Oh wow, I found Shattered Galaxy a while back when I was looking for a Free MMORPG i could play on the school computers. Unfortunately, i forgot to bookmark it and could never find it again... :( lol.

I reckon that runescape isn't as bad as people make it out to be, I mean, i sure couldn't waste my life on it but then again I don't do that with many games anyway. I reckon, like most games, it's only fun when you're playing with friends.

Anyway, has anybody heard of Wurm Online? the website is here: http://www.wurmonline.com/. I was going to have a try at this but in the end i decided that the concept wasn't particularly thrilling, and it sounded like it wasn't very well developed (i.e., not many members, not a particularly advanced community).

Also, a good free text-based MMORPG/strategy game is Lords of Legend. Nice and simple, and great fun. A little bit similar to Utopia (for those familiar). Doesn't take too much commitment either. The website is here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/.

Happy Gaming! :(

ok every one, so you want to play a mmorpg? u have some money but have no way to make the heckteck and far to large payments for something like WoW? well get Guild Wars! its priced yea... but its only for the actual game that you have to buy, other wise its completely freeeeee! no extra prices after the first purchase, and the graphics are excellent, as is game play, there are aroudn 5 different types of warrior you can choose from, then u choose a secondary warrior attribute so it merges and turns u into a totally different warrior than u first thoguht, excellent game, a must have for those ppl who don't mind spending a few bucks, and who hate the continous payments of like 80 bucks a month!!!! hehe

Only good ones I know are Maple Story, Ragnarok Online (Free servers) and Shattered Galaxy, Wow, I didn't know people on this forum played Shattered Galaxy also. Though its not exactly a MMORPG, It is a MMO atleast.