xisto Community
truman69

Will Xbox Make A Handheld Consoles?

I think they will sometime in 2007 or 2008. Once the sales on the 360's begin to decrease they are going to need another big gaming console to keep their income high. Especially since Bill is leaving, well sort of, they are probably planning this now.

A handheld is not big nore a console. :)

My guess is that they will eventually make one. Nintendo and Sony have all ready made a portable system, I don't see why Microsoft won't make one.

this guys has a point and if they dont sony and nintendo my sirpass in sales and microsoft is done Edited by bretbc (see edit history)

Personally, if Microsoft came out with a handheld, I probably wouldn't buy it. If they did happen to come out with one, A) They would most likely put a harddrive in it, which would easily jack up the cost. B.) I am not a personal fan of handhelds as in they usually have not so nice graphics. Also, the only handhelds that i've see that have actually made it big time, have been the nintendo ones(ie: gameboy, nintendo ds somewhat.... etc) PSP did actually very well, but I couldn't play it for longer than about 30 minutes. It was sort of hurting my eyes.Just my opinions. GG :)

Edited by WarFact (see edit history)

Info, its a coming, Microsoft's iPod killer and possible entry into handheld gaming! Microsoft is currently working on a portable media device, which uses XNA, a cross-platform developing framework thing. Here's the Article from Xboxic for more info. Go Microsoft! Down with Sony! Nintendo can stay if they like.

Portable gaming consoles are not a very large portion of the gaming market. Microsoft really doesn't need to enter this market since they are doing so well with marketing their new Xbox 360, and the sales of this system will probably continue at their great amount well into the next year. Why release a portable gaming system when it might simply bomb like the PSP? I think that it would be A.) too much a risk for Microsoft to get into the competition now to stain their newly-publicized gaming brand, and B.) too costly. They're already losing enough on each Xbox 360 as it is.
-Alex

hi

Well I have heard rumours on this but just can't picture on how they would desigin the look and all since all the consoles that they have ever made was X Box. Comparing to Sony's portable consoles they have had only one good one and it is not PSP. I think if and when they make a handheld console for it, it would probably be much better with not as many glitches as PSP. The style of PSP is awsome just not there games and glitches that happen alot.

Microsoft has allways lived under the principle of "The more we put into it the merrier!" as in they make consoles with amazing hardware, but it all depends on the games that developers decide to create for the created console. A lot of neat hardware has no major use if all the games created for it can basicly be used on any other console as well. If Microsoft makes a handheld they will surely meet a lot of competition from Nintendo and Sony Playstation, and I doubt Microsoft will be able to gain more than 25% of the mobile market at all.

Dear forums users, Xbox is currently under way in designing the xbox handheld which title has yet to be descussed. We have relesed a picture of what the handheld will look like in the xbox 360 magazines. The handheld will have a hard drive with a capacity of 10 movies, 250 mp3's and online capability. These handhelds will have a HD LCD screen. The price tag for our handhelds will be in the price range of ?100-?290. the estimated relese of our handheld is auterm 2007. This is all the infomation i am allowed to give out. Hope you all look forward to this.Thanks for reading,XIMT (Xbox Internet Marketing Team).

I think Microsoft does not have competitive edge over sonny and Nintendo for portable gaming. After all, Sony is the company that established itself by miniature electronic products. It still has certain edge making small and compact things like PSP. Nintendo has a long history of developing game boy, so NDS is just a natural sequel to game boy. These two companies, together with the peculiar Japanese market, which always has the crave for small things, make their place in portable gaming market quite irreplaceable. Microsoft shouldn?t be foolish enough to take a plunge in this market, at least for the time being.

I agree that when they first come out that it won't be so great because Xbox will be new into the world of handheld gaming. Nintendo has been doing it for a couple decades now and when Sony brought out the PSP they did it successfully, but I'm not so sure the same will come for Microsoft. Still, I can imagine playing Halo 2 on a handheld system.

Lol i hope not, coz my frend is making a game, and xbox fans walk around the street with a plasma screen and xbox, with extension cords etc, so if they make a portable, complete copy and the game will needa be re-designed

I can't imagine Microsoft creating another handheld. For one thing, it just wouldn't work. If you think about it, Nintendo has already dominated the handhelds. And with the coming of the PSP, Sony really didn't achieve much with it. And soon, the handheld by Microsoft would just be another one of those that no one will play much.

ROFLMAO...................... ROFLMAOOk lol, enough of lughter, the psp is the best gaming console (for portable that is) out there at the moment, billions of people own psp's and billions of people like em.Nintendo creates ugly... boring gaming consoles.