xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Family Guy Vs. The Simpsons

Family Guy is WAY funnier than the Simpsons. Its just the randomness of family guy that I like and the way that family guy doesnt care if its criticised, they will still keep on making the episodes crazy and funny and offensive no matter what. They stick to their guns an I love em for that.

reply to HazaaFamily Guy Vs. The Simpsons

The Simpson?sIs definitely better. Not only has is it the longest running American sitcom,Obviously because it has the fans to keep it running, but its comedy isExcellent. The Simpson?s is a satire of America and its lifestyle. It feeds ofPolitics, pop culture, religion and life in general. All family guy has is cruelViolence, sexual jokes and unintelligent jokes. I like family guy but the Simpson?sSurpasses it without a doubt. The human hits a wide age group and intelligenceLevel. When comparing family guy to the Simpson?s, family guy is getting lessFunny compared to the point at which the Simpson?s funny started to decline. FamilyGuy is in the 7th season and it?s declining, animation is bad, jokes aren?t asFunny, its classic family guy humor. The Simpson?s didn?t start to declineUntil around season 14, however they still keep it fresh by changing theEpisode to look like another sitcom on television, plus the animation isExcellent. Also, have you ever listened to a family guy commentary? SethMacFarlane is not funny. He sits there are just watches the episode with youBasically. While matt groening, mike scully or anyone who does the commentaryIs hilarious. So basically, family guy is good but is nothing when compared to the simpsons

Right...Family Guy Vs. The Simpsons

Does anyone actually have any examples of anything Family Guy "copied" from The Simpsons?

I feel like half the people who are going to come on here saying they've watched every single episode of The Simpsons since it first aired, probably weren't even born when it first aired.

I'd like a few examples, please.

-reply by SexBob-Omb213

simpsons all the way, they have subtle jokes, and a wide age range can watch it. You can sit with your family and watch the simpsons, there's humor for everyone.

how can you idolize or have fun watching a show that centers around violent humor and crude sex jokes? And, the show is great because IT offends people? since when is offending others a good thing? or funny? Let's be mean just for the sake of it! It's only a cartoon, I know, but the guy who created it is not a cartoon, and he means what he says. And his fans worship him because he's offensive. I admire that he defends his opinios in such a bold way, but there are other ways too. But, hey! who cares, right? watching a horribly animated/drawn cartoon of a fat guy fighting a giant chicken for 4 minutes straight is funny!

-reply by siena

I see...Family Guy Vs. The Simpsons

I see no one has any examples of how Family Guy copied The Simpsons...

By the way, Family Guy's animation is amazing. Don't just try to name different things you can think of and say they're bad because you can't think of actual things that are wrong with the show. That's just stupid.

-reply by SexBob-Omb213

Simpsons all the way. Simpsons is funny for everybody. I've been watching it since first grade and my 52 year old dad loves it. It has smarter humor and jokes that are relevant to the plot. Family Guy tends to repeat the same jokes which rarely have anything to do with the story or make any sort of sense, anyone could write it. I often sit through entire episodes of Family Guy without laughing, or even smiling at their sad excuse for humor. Family Guy also does copy the Simpsons, as an avid Simpsons fan I often notice stolen ideas or jokes. Also, look at the basic roles of the family. Father is fat and stupid. Mother is attractive and is the sense of reason. Son is stupid and shares qualities with father. Daughter is the outcast. Babies are very different, with Stewie often acting like a much older person, saying rude things, and being fairly obvious in his humour. Maggie is subtley funny and acts like a baby.

Family Guy fans say Family Guy is funny because it is offensive? I could make a show that involves a creepy, middle age man flashing people, raping women (and men... What a plot twist), and making racist and sexist comments. Would that be a revolutionary hilarious show? The Simpsons does express its opinions, sometimes in more subtle ways, and Bart's rude behavior was considered horrifying back in the day. But the Simpsons is a show that still stays reasonably clean while still being funny and entertaining. I appreciate crude and stupid humor, too, I love South Park because it's actually funny. Family Guy has its moments, but it's really an average of 1 and a half laughs per episode.

In short, Family Guy is too dumbed down to be truly funny, something the Simpsons has been doing for 20 years. And I have a lot of spare time.

Read Life in Hell comics for some more... Funniness.

-reply by CynicalRabbit

Family guy for sure, it's funnier then The Simpsons. I used to be an avid simpsons fan but when I first saw Family guy I knew that was way better. Peter is one funny guy and I don't think there has been one episode of Family Guy that hasn't made me laugh unlike Simpson, only a couple of them made me laugh. :P

Simpsons is way better.Family Guy Vs. The Simpsons

Point A. Simpsons is cleaner humor. If your reason for watching family guy is The humor is more adult then watch south park instead, or is that too adult for you. 

Point B. Simpsons jokes are relivent to the plot. The simpsons include jokes that have to do with what is going on ex. Grandpa simpson holding up a sign that says I still like Ike in a election that made obama president and in that same scene they were joking about how people think that electric voting machines are rigged when homer clicked on obama, it sayed 1 vote for the republican party. Family guy jokes are off topic, always using similies to compare things ex "like the one seagull watching an adam sandler movie" that is kind of funny but they have to explain it with a ten second clip. What does that say about the veiwers of family guy?

Point C. Compare the first few seasons of family guy and the simpsons and you will know which was better. The jokes in the second season of the simpsons is way better then the jokes in the second season of family guy.

Point D. Making fun of family guy. Both the simpsons and south park have done it. See a trend? In fact South Park made the joke that manitees could write the jokes on family guy because they are so random and off topic.

Conclusion. Simpsons is way better!

-reply by Random Turkey

It's is not the question of family guy vs the simpsons more so American Dad vs Futurama vs South Park. Family guy (the new episodes that is) uses the same tired old joke followed by a 5 minute filler song (which isn't funny) and then tops it off with a pointless unsythesised storyline which has little relevance to anything. American Dad is hilarious and it seems that Seth McFarlane (however you spell it) hasn't squeezed the joke cabinet dry yet. Futurama is way way funnier than the simpsons and genuinely makes me crack up, it is more clever than the Simpsons in every way. Which leads me onto South Park, which is quite simply amazing. All their jokes are up to date relevant and whitty, they have moved on alot from the days of swearing kids at bus stops and now employ some serious hilarity. 

In conclusion I think Family Guy should have probably stopped after season 3, Simpsons I wouldn't be able to quantify as it had a dodgy patch in the middle when the writers changed. I was soooo sad to see Futurama stop producing episodes as I believe the Fry/Bender duo to be comedy gold.

No contest, Family guy.Family Guy Vs. The Simpsons

I mean literally: no contest. They are both excellent shows but very different humor... Family guy uses blue humor and there's nothing wrong with that. If pressed to choose I would have to say I prefer Family guy over the simpsons but only because I'm tired of hearing people memorize the stupid jokes and telling them out loud anywhere, not stopping until they finish singing the plowman song... God... Nothing ruins a party faster than an idiot telling simpsons jokes... It's an epidemic! I don't even watch them anymore.

-reply by raff

Well get this!Family Guy Vs. The Simpsons

Family guy and The Simpsons are both made by FOX but don't anyone get it, Family Guy is almost the same show but has more adult humor and violence!

:D  Missile Mike  :D 

-reply by Missile Mike

It would be FamilyFamily Guy Vs. The Simpsons

There was a time I watched Simpsons and laughed.  Then the laughs slowly died and I found myself watching, just because it was Sunday and 8pm and it was The Simpsons.  Then one day (I still wasn't really watching family guy) it was Sunday and I was watching another channel when it was 8:10 and I thought "Oh the Simpsons are on", but then I realized I really didn't like it anymore and was tired of trying to defend the humor.

Family Guy makes me laugh, so does South Park, Futurama sometimes, American dad etc...  But Simpsons went the way of King of the Hill for me.

-reply by Eric

Society SucksFamily Guy Vs. The Simpsons

Honestly, both are really not all that good for society. I love both of them, but when I have kids, these shows will not be allowed in my home any more. I don't want my kids growing up on shows that show horrible parenting, and sexual jokes all the time. Call me old fashioned but I would like my kids to grow up with some sort of dignity and value system.

-reply by Joshua Penrod