xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jacob

Best Processor company?

Best Processor company?  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I remember I used to have a "cyrix" processor a few years ago. Anyone know if that company is still making processors? Or is it just between AMD and intel now?

Intel is best because is more fast and  Intel have a lot

of games:

What if Gandalf, Marine Private Tommy Conlin, and superstar

skater Tony Hawk were set to rendezvous with a British Special

Ops agent and a Persian prince somewhere near you? You would

definitely want to be there! And now you can.

I recomended intel

THANK YOU

BYE !!!

41254[/snapback]

Hum... You copied this one : http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/core-i5-processor.html

I think AMD is better... It is the best to play at video games, so I only buy computer with an AMD processor :rolleyes: Intel Pentium processors are too slow...

What you get for your money with AMD beats Intel hands down. Intel simply seems to have gotten a reputation as the leaders in processor manufacture. I use an AMD athlon XP and have never had any problems with the heat whatsoever. The AMD athlon XP 3000 has a clock speed of around 2.1 GHz. Using a decent mobo (I'd recomend MSI for overclocking) you can easily achieve 2.5 GHz or perhaps more in clock speed without cooling problems. The more expensive P4 3.0GHz CPUs are easily beaten performance wise by the AMD. Clock speed isn't everything!!Intel simply seems to a trusted household name, I suspect more experienced computer users who are more researched lean towards AMD.

I have seen this topic on some forums and the only clear answer is that evrybody do have their own favorites.For me I'll go with Intel, they do have the stability as a company, their chipsets are doing great and they can always interact with each other more easily to introduce to the market any new technologies they may have.AMD mainly produces processors only and whether they like it or not some of their technologies lies still on those chipset manufacturers

I run a Gateway with an AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual-core processor. MY best bud has the Intel Extreme Edition, which costs like 5 times what my AMD processor costs. But he comes to MY HOUSE to play his PC games, because the AMD kicks its butt. I also do heavy graphics, video editing, music production and more on my box... never had a problem. His Intel bogs down running Vegas 6. I have a gig of DDR, he has 2 gig of Corsair Extreme. Either I have the world's most abnormal AMD processor, or AMD is clearly spanking that Intel butt!

intel pentium processors are slow and laggy.. plp that think that are using pentium 4 or d processors might think that their processors are the best. BECUZ they think that amd are much slower in terms of clock speed. THEY ARE WRONG. AMD PROCESSORS can THresh intel pentiums. they run 9 cycles instead of 6 in a full clock unlike intel. INTEL INSIDE, IDIOT OUTSIDE.

I have a athalon 2.8ghz blackbox edition, a phenom x4 9750 2.4ghz and a turion mobile x1 2.4 ghz and a turion x1 2.0ghz all from diffrent pcs ive used/built throughout the yrs. all have worked perfectly

Dude, you don't need to double post, and certainly do not need to bump a thread from back in 2006...it's like...4 years ago.But come on...why is Intel winning here? What's wrong with AMD? :)

Intel for me still rocks and rule the processor world xD well AMD is good enough and cheap but its not that good in somecomputers and its easy to got broken while intel last longer :) I tried once AMD and it sounds like annoying.. while the Intel doesn't have a sound

As I am not a gamer, I need the CPU to be stable, fast and mainly using less energy and not getting to hot. :)I used to use AMD for some years on my old computer, as it was cheaper, now I use Intel.

I think intel is number one. They not only update their processors like very quickly but they also make way better and unique updates.They update with faster memory, there's 4 cores and 8 (which means super fast :) )Some of them are expensive though, like 1000 just for a processor.Also power consumption has improved which is awesome too.

Dude, you don't need to double post, and certainly do not need to bump a thread from back in 2006...it's like...4 years ago.
But come on...why is Intel winning here? What's wrong with AMD? :(

I read that Intel leads the way with technology and being ubiquitous with just about every computer out there. It's like the case with Microsoft Windows against Linux: people know Intel, people buy Intel. Those that don't know any better probably don't even realize that they have an AMD processor in their computers when they buy them. AMD is slowly catching up on the tech side, but there seems to be more focus on keeping Intel from dominating the CPU market than there is in new research and development. It's crazy when I hear 6-core (sex-core? :D ) processors coming out of Intel with their working i7 line-up and the only thing that stands out from the crowd for me is the tri-core processors from AMD. It would make sense that AMD is better with an on-die cache on their processors, reducing lag time with communicating with the northbridge, but I think that Intel has the capital and the reputation to make deals with other companies to "optimize" and work with their technologies... and those companies tend to be a bit higher up in the food chain. Also, I'm not sure if there's more of a focus on developing ATI's graphical powerhouse or if the ATI portion of the company is just cranking out monsters like the HD 4870 that dominates the GPU floor, but if the focus is indeed moreso on graphics, it would kind of explain why the processor technology seems... a tad slow in coming. I don't think there's enough of a performance difference when measuring *BLEEP* for tat between Intel and AMD processors, but if you want the latest and greatest AND can pay for it, Intel is the way to go. However, AMD is still in the ball game with efficiency (IMO) and it would take quite a bit to dismiss it as an inferior product.

EDIT: THE EDIT IS BACK! :) Anyway, the *BLEEP* is actually t-i-t. Not sure why that's censored if I'm not even using it in that context... not to mention that it is a valid word and not just slang.
Edited by rayzoredge (see edit history)

I personally am going with intel. All of the computers I own areintel, and I've never had a problem. That being said, I have nothing against AMD either, and I am sure they make quality processors too. My mom owns a computer with an AMD processor, and she has not had any complaints.