xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
spawn_syxx9

Personal Comp Vs Pre-made which do you do or prefer?

What type of comp do you have?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I built my own system too. And I am still improving it. It consists of Midi Tower, Abit ST6 mobo, Celeron 1.3Ghz, 512RAM, ExcelStor 60GB disk, Nec 2500 DVD burner, GF2Ti (fan off).I really enjoy building my own system, but not because of its performance. I don't need biffy computer. I am enjoying in making it more and more silent. I mentioned before I have my hardisk hanging on rubberbands, so I don't get any resonance on computer's housing eg. tower, then my fan is OFF on my GF2 card and it is working fine and also i have plans for buying heatpipe for CPU and to make it around 2000rpm and to be really silent computer will be used for school mainly.

i would say build your own. i built mine and its great. you can get exactly what you want so your not paying extra for something you dont use. I bought almost all of my parts from Newegg. They seem to have the best prices. So i built mine for the reasons i was going to use it. It was cheaper and you learn more about it too. :rolleyes:

I would go with building your own since mine has being doing me good for about half a decade...Specs:AMD Athlon 1.33 GHz Processor256 MB DDR PC2100 RAM60 Gigabyte Hard DriveSapphire ATI Radeon 9000 Pro 128 MBCreative Soundblaster PCI 128 :rolleyes: I'm perfectly content with it though. :angry:

build your own..cause i'm lazy i got my uncle to build my PC.. ( he owns a computer shop ) but its pretty much a custom comp.. System Specs::P4.2.68GHz768MB DRR RAMGeFORCE 4 MX 440 128MBDVD burner - bought this just the other day..40 GB HDD

i have built a computer, but i guess i like custom-parts, professionally-built computers a lot better. premade is just crap, in my opinion. you never get exactly what you want and its too expensive, and the company alters your OS and fills it with their crap software. i also find it a hassle to build your own computer though. i would rather let a professional build it with the parts i choose!!!

When I was 8 I payed this man,my mums friend, with this money I had saved from acting and told him what I wanted now when I look back....I kind of want my money back. I mostly buy the pre-made ones....but they never give you what you need...One might have tons of GIGs but is VERY s-l-o-w or the other one will be VERY fast but have NO space at all.So now i have two computers in my bedroom one for paying games and stuff on the net one for like making websites and stuff.All I need now is a moniter.... <_<....Still waiting...

for the same money, building your own will definitelygive you a better result and then you will be able to change it around to suit yourself. That is why the are called Personal /Computers.And from the survey it is clearly the choice of trap 17 users to do it yourself.

Also building it yourself will help you later when something crashes. And a big advantage that I have noticed is that when my machine crashes, I will have enough parts to get something up and running so that I can connect to internet and download the drivers or other software to fix the original problem.

Custom built computer is my best choice. I have my own custom built pc, it work's fine, and I'm adding new hardware stuff to it monthly.. As an alternative when company builds you pc, you cant modify it because it voids pc's warranty...

I always build my own PC's... It's cheaper, and you choose what parts go inside... Works better than some prebuilt PC's actualy... At least here, in YU :)

My pa asked this computer company...named Generic Computers...and we got a premade computer with windows98 installed and intel pentium 4..and ram and stuff..and not a dell brand,or premade comp...when u buy a premade computer your paying most of the money for the brand name. ;D