xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
spawn_syxx9

Personal Comp Vs Pre-made which do you do or prefer?

What type of comp do you have?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My last two computers were laptops. Solves a lot of problems like going into a computer store and wasting all your money on a useless graphics card upgrade or such... :)

Dell arent as good as they seem. I've seen dells run and they dont seem to be that good. In one of the dell magazines all of the computers they were selling had intergrated graphics, this is the worst graphics you can use and only the best system there had a good graphics card. That cost about $3000(AUS), and i could probably build the same system for $1000. Dell are a rip off.

well with desktops you can change out the cards no problem laptop i dunno never really had the chance to fiddle with that one, i think it would depend on the system could be wrong on that one. but with most integrated cards you can change them out if you know how to. but again never try it didn't need toplus i prefer speed and sound over graphics anyways unless im gaming and thats not often.

i bought all my stuff and then put it together. I will warn u about one thing tho, if u get a thermaltake case, be preparted 2 do some major wiring work... I've built computers in like 30 min b4(barebone), but my current one has prolly taken 100hrs, considering that I had 2 switch heatsinks, and mobos and totally rewired the thing 2x.... crazy... How was i supposed 2 know a GB 8knxp didnt work w/ corsair xms3200cl1.2 ram?? watch out 4 that type of stuff!! search any conflicts ur mobo/cpu/ram might have....

custom made i would think would be better because then you would know what is in it and how to fix it and it would have everything you want, for example a big video card, but i'm not sure i would ever be able to make my own computer.

Personal build....You can choose your own stuff and you can learn how to build it on the way...And it is easy to upgrade and cost less....Hhh...I wish I can afford X800XT for my PC...lol....

If you know how, there is no good reason not to build your own. You can buy high quality parts, and save money by not paying for an operating system. System manufacturers often use low quality power supplies, etc.

I put mine together with my dad and works better than any custom made by companies like Dell computers. First, you really get what you want, the price is going to be lower than buying a pre made or custom computer by a company. I would't recommend you to build your own computer if you are not 100% sure of qhat you're doing, but better than spendind a lot of money on a custom made computer by one of those huge companies that rip you off.......

Build my own systems,You have more controll on whats getting in you system, you learn how things work and how they connect. You can tweak your system as you please and if something breaks you only take out the broken part and dont need to bring the whole pc to a shop for repairing.