xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Asian tsunami

im against wasting money on fireworks,drugs,alcahol, and donating money to countries that lost alot but more than its worthandi live in the netherlands

The business I work for, donated over ?40,000 pounds (big company). I felt a sense of pride, and then at home my folks donate some money too. It's a real shame you don't see companies like COCA COLA giving Dasani bottled water out free - they could easily afford it.

I saw a video today in geology, the water was travelling so fast! It was flowing for ages. Its scary stuff - the water rose as high as the buildings. Those poor people :|

The people who had died in this accident are not guilty... They were in the wrong place... But that?s nature. :D I?m sorry if my English is bad...

it wasnt 5million ... it was about 200,000 last i heard.Probably 5million people were affected by it directly - i.e. relatives of victims and displayed familiesAnd nareth - if only they'd had dykes like the dutch ones maybe things would have been safer huh!I was in dordrecht a couple of months ago briefly, you're country is probably as familiar to vast flooding as any other, historically.

i think like one or two hundred thousand people day every day from starvation and dehydration and cancer and getting hit by cars and aids and stuff... so yea..