xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Asian tsunami

Sure. It is a tradegy. But no one can stop nature.Such things happen. The only thing they could have done would be an alarm system. Then, maybe, there wouldn't be so many victims.

I know it was a very bad thing what happening but like malik said theres nothing we can do about, I heard in some countries they use whistles to warn people of tsunami`s aproaching. fairly primative method but effective.

I just found out today that one of my old school teachers is missing presumed dead.heres what it says in my local news paper- A BOLTON teacher and her husband are missing in the tidal wave disaster in Thailand. Susan and Terence Ford, who were on holiday, have not been in touch with their friends or relatives since the disaster killed 150,000 across South-east Asia. Mrs Ford, head of Modern Languages at Withins School, Breightmet, was due to retire later this year after many years service at the school.

so sad.. althought mi live in singapore n is not affect.. the fact that the place so close to my home are destroy juz by 1 storm.. cant image those badly hit country have to put in many more effort,time,money to rebuld the country..seeing pic of thos dead n oso the place juz break my heart...may such disater do not befall on any country NEVER AGAIN!!!!! :twisted:

so sad.. althought mi live in singapore n is not affect..

In a way it did affect us all because when the disater happend the world nudge a bit off it axis so we are that bit closer to the sun. The days are now shortend by about 0.10 secs allthough that is not much but.. :? . My prays go out to the people hurt

Tsunami aid - Do you think it will reach the right people?On the news its saing that the aid is not getting to everyone! some foul play maybe involved.

i saw the news lastly and i saw the big wave went over the people. :D tomorrow i will bring my 1$ at school because today, the principal went to all the classes to say that the school will do like a campain to help those people in those countries that were being attack by the tsunami. each piece of jean cost 1$ (because i go to private school, that's why). and the big big boss said that each people that bring 1$, he will add 4$. That's mean if in the entire school we have 300$ = 1200$ (we are not a lot at school and it's for girls).

The Tsunamis caused by an epic 9.0 Magnitude earthquake struck off the coast of Indonesia earlier this week.
The Death toll has now jumped to over 40,000 residents of over 11 countries, including Somalia, in Africa, thousands of kilometres, or miles, away from the epicenter.

Some of the after shocks of the earthquake were as strong ast 7.3 in magnitude.

God bless the countries affected.

ALSO!!! What in the hell are the western countries thinking? The EU is pledging 4 million? The US is sending a few million and 3 fighter planes from Okinawa to help look for survivors?

I live in Florida, and I find it completely unfair. When the US was hit on 9-11, so many countries sent support for the war in Afghanastan, including many asian countries. Now look, the Red Cross, sent everywhere anyway, and then a few million dollars. Why is it that it always seems that everyone loves the United States? Same with the EU, 4 million dollars isn't going to help to rebuild much of the Sri Lankan coast, which 70% was destroyed.

As a Florida resident, I watched my state be devestated by 4 hurricanes, Billions in damage, Billions!. So that means that hello! Look at the ELEVEN countries that got hit by the Tsunamis, the devestation will have to at least coast in the 10s of Billions, maybe more. 40,000 dead. The United States needs to send a whole lot more aid, not just a little money, and a couple of jets, same with the EU, and especially the modernized countries of Asia.

I am a South Korean born citizen of the US. I think that definately because everyone has always helped protect South Korea, that they should definately be one of the key contributers to help the affected. Same with the Japanese.

The EU and the US need to get their priorities straight, now, God Bless all who were affected by this disaster of Biblical Porportions, and may the rest of the world respond accordingly.
Kevin Cho - Pioneer Audio Productions General Manager
Adopted South Korean resident of Florida (ag. 15)

ok i think we should send more money,and more medical stuff b/c this really is a tragety but dont expect the US to do a ton about it because its not our country and were in a war.

because its not our country and were in a war.

It's ultimately up to each country itself to decide how much help to dispense. But to use this excuse for giving less, doesn't really do the US' image any good.

the big big boss said that each people that bring 1$, he will add 4$. That's mean if in the entire school we have 300$ = 1200$ (we are not a lot at school and it's for girls)

Maybe you should ask to see your math-teachers qualifications! :wink:

Tsunami aid - Do you think it will reach the right people?
On the news its saing that the aid is not getting to everyone!  some foul play maybe involved.

Thailand admitted that with aid pouring in it wasn't sure it could handle all of it. But if we give we do the right thingnow it's on the people that receive aid to do the right thing themselves.

I think that one of the important aid efforts is one that Japan announced yesterday that they will do, a tsunami early warning systemit should cover all the world's oceans - could have saved so many lives this time - some peeps had over 2 hours if only they had been told

the big big boss said that each people that bring 1$, he will add 4$. That's mean if in the entire school we have 300$ = 1200$ (we are not a lot at school and it's for girls)

Maybe you should ask to see your math-teachers qualifications! :wink:

no that was what the principal said and what the big boss will do...
if you bring 1$ + 4$ = 5$
if you bring 2$ + 4$x2 = 10$
if you bring 300$ +4$300 = 1200$

the 4$ multiply by the number of the dollar that you bring. that is what i mean.

if you bring 300$ +4$300 = 1200$

300 + (300+300+300+300) = 1500

Yes yes. I know what you meant. It was a joke. Perhaps you

noticed the little smilie at the end of the sentence? :wink: :D:D 8)