xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Asian tsunami

Death Toll has reached nearly 150,000. Kids, teenagers, parents, elders... It gives no mercy!!!I live in Kuala Lumpur. Even though Kuala Lumpur was not affected by the shock, my heart is felt for all the victims and their friends and relatives. I believe every mandkind would feel the same when they know about the tragedy.I urge all residents of Earth, please help in whatever ways you can. You can donate money (don't care more or less), cloths, foods, medical supply or you can even be volunteer to help out in affected areas.The Earth quake and tsunami hit in just a few minutes, but the aftermath last much longer than that. Death and injury are just the direct consequences of the tragedy. Lost of love ones, home and property will hurt those who is still alive. There are the worries of plague and disease as well.I think after this tragedy, many of World Atlas publishers have to re-draw their world map!Wish everyone of you, have a safe and happy new year!

actually...i felt the quake much earlier....my ceiling i wood so i felt alot of wood on the floor my mum thought it was termites...so i ignored...next thing i knew....tsunami.....luckily i was in singapore

It's the worst disaster

What about the Bubonic Plague? It killed at least 30 million people in

Europe alone, and probably a similar number in Asia! And there has been

many other, lesser outbreaks of the black death.

As bad as the current disaster is, it's not the worst - by a long shot!

You're quite right, sandman. And that's 60 million at a time when the world's total population was less than one-quarter of what it is now!

Nevertheless, the situation in Asia is pretty grim.

You're quite right, sandman. And that's 60 million at a time when the world's total population was less than one-quarter of what it is now!  
Nevertheless, the situation in Asia is pretty grim.  

Oh yes, I'm not in any way trying to diminish the present disaster, I
just have a thing about wild claims like that. I realise that y04chs067,
may never have heard of the bubonic plague, fair enough, but then
he shouldn't pretend to know. And for the tsunami, the scale of it
may be smaller but it probably seems just as big because of todays
masscommunication. We are being bombarded with news about it all
the time, so it is always on peoples mind.

I hear people say "Innocent souls" and "Didn't deserve it" and thats like the funniest thing I have ever heard. If god thought they should have lived then they would have lived, and clearly he thought so from the few people who did survive this. Saying they didn't deserve this is basicly saying god had his head up his *bottom*. This is the natural way of thinning out the heard. Every day thousands of people die from starvation because of overpopulation. Everyone is basicly standing on top of each other in that continent.

And who are you to decide whether these people deserved to live or die, hipocrite.All humans are equally deserving, - maybe with one notable exception.And if you and your religion think you have the right to decide if people are deserving or not; maybe you should return to the the 'Spanish Inquisition', where you seems to have come from! :x

Sandman, thanks for showing interest in my post. I have assumed a few things from your incorrect terminology and grammar propensity. I think a good idea may be to have a legal parent/guardian help you with your special disability. I have found the following sites have been helpful to many people with learning disabilities. The sites http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ are good choices. If your disability is not of these categories then I suggest you relocate yourself to Sri Lanaka in the Asian continent in the hopes an aftershock produces another tsunami and rids the world of the rest of the problems. Furthermore, I would like to state I know very few people who believe I can cause tsunami's and decide the fate of thousands of people's lives because of my religion, but thanks to your ignorance I will gladly use your post as a comical piece on my web site. One last thing, could you please define what you were attempting to state by saying "And if you and your religion think you have the right to decide if people are deserving or not; maybe you should return to the the 'Spanish Inquisition', where you seems to have come from!"?

I think that mixing up "god had his head up his *bottom*" with whether or not peeps deserve to die is an ethical contradiction. Believing that there is a greater power that controls our fate is one thing but thinking that we can know the purposes behind these decisions and determine that anyone "deserves to die" is just huge arrogance. :evil:

I think that mixing up "god had his head up his *bottom*" with whether or not peeps deserve to die is an ethical contradiction. Believing that there is a greater power that controls our fate is one thing but thinking that we can know the purposes behind these decisions and determine that anyone "deserves to die" is just huge arrogance. :evil:

I dont believe there is a god, I believe in random chaos,

Sandman, thanks for showing interest in my post. I have assumed a few things from your incorrect terminology and grammar propensity. I think a good idea may be to have a legal parent/guardian help you with your special disability. I have found the following sites have been helpful to many people with learning disabilities. The sites http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ are good choices. If your disability is not of these categories then I suggest you relocate yourself to Sri Lanaka in the Asian continent in the hopes an aftershock produces another tsunami and rids the world of the rest of the problems. Furthermore, I would like to state I know very few people who believe I can cause tsunami's and decide the fate of thousands of people's lives because of my religion, but thanks to your ignorance I will gladly use your post as a comical piece on my web site. One last thing, could you please define what you were attempting to state by saying "And if you and your religion think you have the right to decide if people are deserving or not; maybe you should return to the the 'Spanish Inquisition', where you seems to have come from!"?

My incorrect terminology and grammar propensity as you so eloquently present it, may have
to do with the fact that I'm not english, however I' sure you'll do much better in my language,
so I suggest you write your response in danish.
I also notice a considerable improvement in the grammatical propensity from your first to your second
second post, which seems to indicate that you already "have a legal parent/guardian help you with
your special disability".
As for the suggested websites: Considering your knowledge of these sites, I must assume you yourself
have had a need for them.
Regarding your last question, that should be pretty obvious. The church sanctioned witch hunts,
were generally instigated by someone who had something against the object in question!

One more thing. Considering the combined 'message' of your two posts, I fully expect you to
repost the following, pointing to California, next time the San Andreas fault creaks.

I hear people say "Innocent souls" and "Didn't deserve it" and thats like the funniest thing I have ever heard. If god thought they should have lived then they would have lived, and clearly he thought so from the few people who did survive this. Saying they didn't deserve this is basicly saying god had his head up his *bottom*. This is the natural way of thinning out the heard. Every day thousands of people die from starvation because of overpopulation. Everyone is basicly standing on top of each other in that continent.

i was thinking maybe i should ask people to <- snipped -> on my site so i can donate all the money raised to tsunami relief or is that a bad idea cus im not supposed to tell people to click on my ads}

i was thinking maybe i should ask people to <- snipped -> on my site so i can donate all the money raised to tsunami relief or is that  a bad idea cus im not supposed to tell people to click on my ads

A noble thought, but I don't really think you will get much more clicks than you do now and surely - your ads can't be generating that much money, since you want free hosting. Besides, the contributions are needed now, not in a couple of months or whenever you'd receive the ad-money. I'd say it's better just to donate whatever you can/want to, now. :wink:}