xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

OS Battles

I voted 4 Windows. Maybe Linux is better in some cases, and maybe is more secure then Windows, but I?m quite sure that if it would get so popular like windows it would be in much worst position then windows. And the main reason for this would be the think that is free. There will always be 1001 release of linux and nothing can be standardized.

I think the poll question is a bit vague. I think Windows is the best all around OS for its ease of use and price. Mac is great, in this reguard, but kinda expensive. Unix is, i think, the best business work horse OS (but until recently not user friendly). It is now becoming easier with the different Unix flavors (linux as an example) and their GUIs.. Just my 2 cents

I think the poll question is a bit vague.  I think Windows is the best all around OS for its ease of use and price.  Mac is great, in this reguard, but kinda expensive.  Unix is, i think, the best business work horse OS (but until recently not user friendly).  It is now becoming easier with the different Unix flavors (linux as an example) and their GUIs..  
Just my 2 cents

Just to point out that Mac OS X is actually cheaper than windows coming in a 125 USD, while windows wit 175 USD. The difference in price comes from the fact that Apple uses better hardware than PC manufacturers.

just the fact that 99% of programs are written for windows makes it win hands down.

Please back that up. I cannot think of a major program that does not at least have at least a Mac equivalent except for games.

You have Office, or better iWork, you have Photoshop, and then the unequaled Final Cut Pro/Express, and on and on and on. You can do everything on a Mac and than can be done on windows better.

Windows... solo dolores de cabeza, es el mas popular solo a base de mentiras... (muerte a bill gates).Larga vida a linux !!! :D

whats with you guys and windows? WindowsXp has viruses and spyware when i have winxp i have norton and anti-spyware and norton firewall and all the protection yet it wont protect me that much and plus windows is a resource hogger so i have to say linux all the way

Windows: A lot of software runs on itLinux: Fast performingMac: User FriendlyI have to go with Linux because it is open source and free, too!

I would say windows just because of every thing that is compatible with it. I would then choose linux second because you can do a lot of stuff with it and it comes with like a free office suite. Also it is free. And with the help of programs like wine you can run windows executable files. (.exe) Also Linux is less susceptible to viruses.