so basically unix vs windows

the free world vs the proprietary world

i choose free

Just to let you know that Macintosh is built off of Unix :!:

so is linux

so basically unix vs windows

the free world vs the proprietary world

i choose free

well windows also comes off of the unix tree, so basically we're looking at the original vs. its three modern branches

i go with linux, because it is much more powerful than windows or mac and has a better interface than unix

I like Windows XP with service pack 2 :D

How'd you get it working.

From a friend's blog

Windows XP won't reboot / restart after installing Service Pack 2 - Windows SP2 tip

I don't normally touch the stuff, but was asked recently to install Windows XP Service Pack 2 on a recently purchased computer. I was supplied with a "Genuine Microsoft Service Pack 2" update CD, complete with holographic "genuine" product logos and such. I, in my Mac OS X update experience thought.. "easy". Not so.

Made a Backup of the [sic] important stuff and created a restore point, and started up the CD.. Installed fine.. in less than 8 minutes. The guide said two hours.. I was dreading that, but all good. The trouble began when the Service Pack 2 completed install -- and tried to reboot the machine. As it exited, it crashed Microsoft Error Reporter popped up -- asking me if I wanted to send information to microsoft about the crash.. like all good penguins I clicked "No Don't Send" It froze... and then Crash Reporter popped up again and said "unfortunately Crash Reporter has had to quit..." and asked me if i wanted to report the error. No again. Sweet -- it logged out.. and started to reboot.. but took ages to shut down -- I just assumed it must be fabled windows.

Rebooted...

Got through two iterations of the Booting XP sequence when the green progress bars stopped. I thought.. it'll just be network initialisation or something.. Nope... long time.. waited 20 minutes.. just in case.. had a coffee.. two... watched a few Simspons episodes... ok -- this isn't doing anything :D

Rebooted...

Same again... slightly less waiting this time -- got to one more green "pip" than last time

Rebooted...

Went for "Last known good configuration" this time... No joy..

Rebooted...

Tried "Safe mode"... No joy -- it stopped just after loading ...drivers/MUP.sys or somewhat...

Rebooted... button is wearing out .... along with my patience

Tried "Safe mode with Network support"... No joy :D

Tried "Safe mode - command line only"... No joy

Read the help -- :D --- said "Troubleshooting if Windows won't boot.." cool.. "Boot into Safemode..." Uhm.. WINDOWS WONT BOOT!! Dickheads!

Gave up on booting... sought out the Still shrinkwrapped Windows XP CD... Plonked it in.. waited thru the labourious and very non graphical boot process -- and selected Automatic Software Recovery... F2 -- uh, nothing happned.. Dammit MS BS keyboards and Function Lock keys -- F-lock needs renaming.. F#^@-Lock! got an F2 out of the keyboard... waited .. Hit R... waited even more.. 
Finally selected my windows install.. 1 ... and was greeted by a command prompt -- so much for Automatic Software Restore! Tried a few obvious ones -- like CHKDSK -- found a few errors and fixed them..

Rebooted... Nope.. still no joy

Fiddled BIOS settings -- disabled L2 and L1 cache -- some chipsets have conflicts with SP2 and need bios updates before the install - something about updating microcodes?... But nope.. just ran even slower :P

Finally had an idea..

Checked for last modified files (after waiting thru the XP setup CD restore command line wait.. :D --

Then fixed it...!

Heres how to fix it...

Pop into C:WINDOWS|System32Drivers and rename (REN not mv!) update.sys to uselesswindowswithuselessupdates.sys [or similar windows compaitble length filename :D] and reboot.

Dammit.. forgot to reenable the L1 and L2 cache.. we have liftoff -- safe mode works... ok, reboot in L1 + L2 cache enabled mode.. cool - login screen

Re-install Service Pack 2 -- and reboot -- all good

Happy customer.. and an extra 6 hours pay for me...

Microsoft wasn't kidding when they said some programs wouldn't work with SP2 it's a pity Microsoft Windows wasn't listed. 

dont double post please there is an edit button also linux is only good as a server most game are for windows then for mac and last for linux