xisto Community
iGuest

How Long Did it take you to learn HTML

A week time should be enough if you are willing to try hard. Go to the following site

Joe will be there to teach you. He has 24 lessons to tell you all about html.

All the best!
Thanks for the link. I now know more about html and i can hopefully input some new-found knowledge in further sites that i build.
Html is a great language and i think it will be easy to learn if u have the determination and the time to learn.
For a beginner it should not take more than 2 weeks to learn enough html to build a site.

I went to joes thing but that table tutor got cut off after a few lessons. Do you have the full lessons? It said to sign up, is it free to do that? I didn't want to check . . .

I learned HTML pretty quickly considering its basically a building block for most other web design languages. I think it may have took me a month to learn, maybe less. 8)

omg when i first discovered html i was like "that is so cool!" and i got the basics in a couple of weeks, but it's still an ongoing learning experience for me. it took me a while to master tables. erm.. i guess i learned through experience, websites, library books (cuz i'm too cheap to buy my own) and looking at other people's html

To learn HTML it took me a good month! I mainly learnt a little bit of html from looking at source codes of sites! As I really wanted to learn HTMl but the problem was I never understood the source! So i searched on google for HTML tutorials and forund like 1million + sites! but I never found any that night so i asked my ICT teacher and he gave me three decent sites!

http://www.w3schools.com/

http://www.pageresource.com/

http://www.tizag.com/

Also it took me further 3 months to learn CSS and Javascript! Again from those three sites! Currently I'm learning PHP, MySQL. I was learning CGI/Perl but I din't like the language as PHP is much much easier to use!

It took me like a month to learn HTMLI learn it mostly from the book that I bought at BooksAMillionI've learned CSS, DHTML , and Javascript too, but mostly from the experience that I create my site and forum.My next goal is PHP, and hope it won't take long! :D

I learned it over a few years of just piddling on the computer...when I was younger. But my husband got me a book on html and xhtml by o'reily, and it taught me alot of stuff too, making writing html alot easier!

i learned it in about a month, but i wasnt trying hard and I wasnt in a rush or anything, so yeah, like the others said, you should be able to to get it together in a couple of weeks.