xisto Community
iGuest

Zero hour good or not??? expansion

Well C adn C zero hour is very cool.  The best though is yuris revenge.  But back to zero hour.  My computer had jsut the minimum requirments for the gaem so it ran kinda slow ;) .  But i still loved it.  Zero hour is definetally an excletn game.

53083[/snapback]

I never had a good run with Red Alert 2 or Yuri's Revenge... It didn't really appeal to me as much as the other C&C games for some reason. I found you just needed to go Allies and spam a few Prism Tanks & Mirage Tanks...

Zero Hour was cool, but I still would question spending AU$50 just for it.

Makes it too big? surely that isnt a bad thing.My pc cudnt run Generals wiv nicest graphics. . os it looked kinda poo. I prefered good ol detailed 2d graphix :D

Zero hour is great.... They have sets of generals whom has different weapons ... for e.g. there is air force general u have all these planes and your airplanes are strong , if u choose the laser general he uses laser weapons and all and there are many more. Zero hour also got a new section for single player mode , it is called challenge and each general challenge each others weapons and tactics to see who wins. there are whole new lots of maps that u can download from the net by updating the gameIt is a really good game i recommand this game, It is my fav so far .... Try to get the demo version and give it a try first

I think that with all the improved 3D graphics, the game slows down a lot and even after minising all the graphical effects the game is still too slow for me. Can anyone help me out on this. I mean i'm using 1.6 GHz the Intel Pentium M Processor with a 1GB of ram and maybe not the lastest but very new graphics card and the game is still too slow for me. Especially with all the complicated terrain the tanks manuveour so slowly and really destroys the fun. If you ask me, I prefer Red Alert 2 and the good old Red Alert 1 which seems incompatible with windows XP.

Zero hour is an amazing add on with the ability to specialize: and it is also good for teaching you to use other units then you usually do: so if you tend to use lots of tanks, becoming the air force general forces you to rething how to play.However, when it was originally sold it may not have been woth its original expansion pack price, but now you can pick up the deluxe pack (or even the first decade pack) for cheap enough to justify it being a truly amazing add on!!!

You haven't really played Generals until you have Zero hour. I bought mine for 14 dollars WITH the original (yep, the price has decreased by alot, and I mean alot since the first release)To those who said that it does not add much is quite misguided. There are, in essence, 9 new factions (just modified factions) that require new strategies than the normal ones. There's a new campaign for each faction as well as a new mode and improved AI.There are gameplay changes too! It's alot more easier to play around with, and you can change the game speed now (thank god, in the original it was so slow at some points it wasn't funny). The interface lets you use General skills and Superweapons easily, as there is a tab on the side of the screen which lets you use it rather than manually finding the building and having to select the nuke button and finding the spot to nuke when you can just focus your screen at where you wish to fire the nuke and click twice and Boom! Easy nuking.There's also a BIG performance boost than in the original game, and even now I set the settings to high on the Zero Hour options it will barely lag or stutter unlike the original where I've got everything on low and it's still very slow.I don't play online on Generals though, although I've heard it's quite slow and unstable... Can anyone clarify?