xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Does any one also think harry potters dumb?? huh??

I like Harry Potter. The movies weren't as good as the books but they were good. The only reason the movies weren't as good was because they didn't have everything that the books had. Even some small scenes. But other than that they are good. Interesting stuff. And I really don't think they are for little kids. Younger kids wouldn't understand them and wouldn't know what half the words meant. It's more for all ages. Anyone who can understand and read it. I really don't think she'd put a little swearing into a kids book. It's not a lot but there is some in it and parents wouldn't like their 9 year old son saying "damn" or "**bottom**" or something like that. Even if it is minimal. It's not a kids book. And I like it. And the hero doesn't always win without something bad happening. In all books there is some one who dies. Except the second book. I don't think anyone died there. But some one dies in everyone of them. And in the 5th and 6th they weren't just anyone. They were people close to Harry. So don't say the hero always wins. Read the 7th book and than we'll see what happens. Maybe Harry dies in the 7th. Maybe not. Maybe Ron or Hermione dies.

Holy ****, thanks for posting this!! I'm really tired of my friends asking me "omg hou cn u nt liek harry potta??!!". I think the books are the most overrated thing after the Lord of the Rings movie. No, seriously. I read the first book and it was nice and everything, but not nice to the level that people are trying to take it. I mean, it's just to read it once and forget about it, or at least that's my opinion. About the movies... well, they were okay as well. I liked the first one, same thing that with the books... you can watch it once, but you don't go talking about them forever and making a fanlisting and everything. I know it's not a kids book, this isn't why I think it's so overrated. I just disagree with all the poeple who say that it is a big plus to the literature.

i personaly hate it. i cant stand the writing stily. Also how to good people always win and never have problems. i also dont like fantacy that much. but i guess it all depends on what type of writing you like. i personaly am a fan of the more realistic books and the action packed ones. (tom clancy) But i guess if you like fantacy that would be the perfect book for you.

Im the one who agres that its dump a bit.. maybe it is about cool stuff monsters and wizards but till 10 years.. get realistic people there aint dragons walking on the street and wizards too lol <_<... so no offense people but dont like it..

I personally don't like the Harry Potter series. It just doesn't hold my interest. I have seen all the movies(only because my sister make me go with her to the movies) and i fall asleep in everyone of them since it bores me.

harry is boring, snoring, doring then watching paint dry.... i cant stand those booksit would be better if she wrote for those losers dungon and dragon geeks who would actually read something so immiture.... not to 10 year olds

i am with you he is really a dumbo man i just dont like him and his films i dont know why all are fans of him but i dont like him and also sometimes jealous alsoi dont know that is this true or not but hes a chain somker..............

It neverr really seemed to interestt me, even as a kidd, but I'm usuually picky with boooks I like. I think I only read a little into it and put it downnn.In a way, it was likee what Twilight is noww. Everyonee would read it and like it. They are probably goood books, but just not so much to me. ^^

I think harry potters ok wen ur about 8-10 years old but past that come on, grow up. lol no offense to any admin mebers who like harry potter. Do u hate itas well or do u disagee?? You be the judge.

I started off reading the first couple of pages of the first book in the Harry Potter series. I read about the put-outer and the description of the streets, and I was like, "Heck, I spent 15 minutes reading the book while the movie sums it all up in under 3 seconds"... and that was the last I ever tried to read a Harry Potter book.