xisto Community
iGuest

Xbox or PS2????? Which is better?

yeah the best feature of the ps2 is probably that you can also play playstation 1 games on the ps2. That would help if you never bought a ps1 and wanted to save a few bucks.

That's true, but right now, u could get that ps1 for almost like 80 bucks, or less, I'm not sure, and besides, considering most of the Ps1 games have suckky graphix in comparison to the Ps2 (but then again, most of us thought the graphix rocked on the PS1 when it was new.) i'm talking in a circle.. someone stop me...It's kinda pointless if ur ONLY gonna buy the PS2 for just the graphics, cuz well.. you understand.. OH god this was so stupid..I get what ur saying man, but i'm trying to tell everyone that you shouldn't just by the ps2 if ur thinking of it, only becuz of the ability to play ps1 games because most ps1 games have lame-o-graphics.

i choose xbox over ps2.. xbox allows you to copy cds onto it and play them through custom track enabled games. It plays quality dvds like ps2 does. better graphics, better gameplay(only on most of the games, some of the games the gameplay sux @$$), and xbox has better games such as halo and mechassault!

A word about the memory card vs. HDD argument. You can get memory cards for the Xbox so that you can transport saved games from one box to another. The HDD is just so that it is not necessary to buy one if you want to save games.And for being able to play ps1 games as well? I play ps1 games on my box. I also play SNES, NES, and Genesis games. It works as a stand-alone DivX/ XviD player. I also have Linux installed on it. So for the same price as a PS2, I have 4 consoles, a DVD player that plays avi/mpeg and other formats, and a second PC to boot.I also play online with it for free using Xlink. I'd never use Live, in spite of the features it has.

for those who like to hack the xbox i hope it break on you and or melts your hard drive if you going to play old school games at least have the system thats as cheap as he 800+ nintendo roms i have on my computer XP.thats the one thing great about ps2 its stay with the system, but i wouldn't doubt that people hack the system and started play old school atari games on them as well.

for those who like to hack the xbox i hope it break on you and or melts your hard drive if you going to play old school games at least have the system thats as cheap as he 800+ nintendo roms i have on my computer XP.

Why would you say something like that?
And besides your "computer XP" is more expensive than my Xbox, I'll wager. Why is it better to play 800+ nintendo roms on a PC than on an Xbox?

thats the one thing great about ps2 its stay with the system, but i wouldn't doubt that people hack the system and started play old school atari games on them as well.

sorry. I don't know what you mean by "its stay with the system". Could you explain?
And your right. With the HDD that comes with the new FF game, someone has probably either done it or is working on it. But I don't keep up with the PS2 scene. Actually, does anyone have any info on this?

Yea xbox is great but if you'll look on the online for the two console. Ps2 is better online than xbox. Ps2 is free and some arent. But xbox is paid and which you get better service and things that they got for online than ps2.

Xbox owns all sytems. Especialy if you get a modchip. You can do so much with it. Also they have great games and xbox live kicks *bottom*. And it is like 50 a year which is not bad at all. Ps2 is way overrated, people say they have great games but what is there,,, socom and what else?

I think my PS2 just died this weekend :angry: Only half of the buttons will work on the controller and I can only get one game to half-load, though I can't even play it. I was at Best Buy on Sunday and they said they're coming out with a new PS2 (was supposed to be in on Tuesday?). Anyway, I think it's really odd mine dies the same weekend a new one comes out. Conspiracy perhaps??Anyway, as for the topic, I would have sworn by my PS2 over XBox until it died :rolleyes:

Xbox is way better in my opinion because....Graphics : Xbox > PS2Loading Time: Xbox > PS2Harddrive Space: Xbox > PS2 (u dont need memory cards 4 xbox)Game Selection: Xbox < PS2Therefore Xbox: 3 vs PS2: 1

I have to admit that Xbox is pretty good, but I think that PS2 is the better out of those 2. Besides graphics don't matter that much. I know quite a few PS2 games which have better graphics AND loading time than Xbox.(reply to Dark Hell)