xisto Community
miakelye

Google Art=overboard Google Artwork is no longer a special thing.

Does anyone else feel like Google has gone overboard with their artwork? I mean, it used to be only on special holidays or commerating great people/achievements. But now, it seems like every other day I go to Google and there's some Google artwork. If you don't know what I'm talking about it's on the frontpage of Google and on some "special" aka irrelevant days, they make artwork out of the Google letters. I could be wrong, but National Library Week is exactly an interesting holiday. Am I the only one who feels like Google could cut back on the artwork?

well,i know what you said about google's artwork,which means google is good at grafics designing by his picture work group.esepcially when some festivel come in or some aniverthiry would be hold,google must make out some good artwork,showing from its search logo.very awesome action to be popular for itself.that is why google have be so famous to us every webters.

I like the art. It makes the page more fun to look at.That having been said, have you all noticed that you can click on the special Google logos to reveal a search about the holiday/event in question? Well, I clicked on the logo once when it was celebrating something about Julia fractals, and the search displayed a bunch of websites about Julia fractals. The websites at the top of the list were down because their servers couldn't handle the flood of visitors from Google. I think someone has coined a word to describe these unintentional Google DOS attacks, but it escapes me at the moment.

I feel it is done purposely to prevent people from getting sick by looking at the same thing. If you see the same thing again and again, it takes the fun out of it. Foreg. To improve the performance of the google ads, Google now puts ads by Goooogle.. or changes it . This is done so that people tend to notice in small diffrences and they give their attention.

i think it provides a nice change once in a while. like opaque said, you will get bored of looking at the same logo all the time... Also, they usually only change it for special occasions such as independence day, easter, etc. This is kind of a good idea because it shows that google is aware of these days and is celebrating with everyone else.

Google is getting more pageviews just because people check the image they have on that day :o I think its nice, google search stays practicly the same, so a image change every few days is a nice way to keep us happy. I mean, sites like Yahoo search are full of stuff you dont need

It was fun to tune in and see what special image Google had on special days. I think it got too old now. And i agree with Florisjuh. I like that Google has stayed pretty much the same for years. Yahoo is a pain in the but for all the advertising and other features. Gimme good ole simple Google search and I'll be a happy man.