xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
JeffS

Diablo 2 Mods. Anyone play them?

Hey. Does anyone play any of the Mods at d2mods.com? I've been playing Pagan Heart and Back To Hellfire lately. Have you tried those mods? Does anyone want to get together and play thin over TCP/IP? Pagan Heart has a bug because of PlugY that will hopefully be fixed soon, but I think BTH works. What other mods do you guys play?

Not exactly. A mod could be changes from new items, to new skills, to new monsters, animations, storyline, dungeons, runes, glyphs, gems, runewords, gemwords... basicly the entire game can be changed.Some do simple stuff. Like increase drop rates and put bosses everywhere. IE fight Diabo in the Blood Moor.Others, refered to sometimes as "total modifications" change the game experiance completly. For instance, Back to Hellfire makes D2 like Diablo 1 Hellfire. There are books, and the items are the same as D1, the characters are the same and the quests are the same.If you play D2: LoD on v 1.10 you should really check out http://d2mods.info/ and download some of the more popular mods. Eastern Sun and Sanctuary in Chaos are some of the more popular total modifications. There are also boss mods and drop mods.

Theres alot of mods for Diablo 2: LOD right now, but not all of them are allowed on bnet. The mods include like character editors, drop mods, boss mods, gold stash mod, and perm mods. These mods only work for single player or open battle net. The character editor makes it so you can make your own weapons with any mods you want on it and change your characters status so your on lvl 99+. It gets boring after using it for awhile, closed battle net is the best because you cant cheat at all. If anyone plays Diablo 2:LOD on UsEast ladder or non ladder just whisper me at dundun_2007.

i use tons of mods for d2, i make akara look like the Op's and Warriv a Camel, Kashya is a zombie and the smith lady is the smith that guards her hammer, also my stash box is a dead cow, here are some screen shots

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

if u dont believe i have that please pm me i'll gladly sit in a game with u and u can chat n ill s/s n 2 mins later show u :lol: i love mods + hacks i use wtfpk and TmC mod :lol:

Mods are great to play. I played a mod Median 2008, and it's great and fun. But i don't advice anyone to play mods unless they finished the original Hell game :lol:

Yes, they are quiet easy to use, i have been playing the game for about a month now, and after finishing Act 5 in Hell mode i decided the game needed something else...So i went out and downloaded a few mods and clones from "/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi; which gave me a few more hours game play, but that was when i worked out the Editors and Open.net.I have now played with the editor and learnt some new things, as it is so complicated i am still finding new ways to make the gamplay more fun and involved, just recently i have worked on Hexing and found a hidden Boss Skill that kills anything within 3 screen lenghts of it when activated. Its Awesome!But yeah u just have to download it then put it in the diablo directory and most of 'em work well.

modding

Diablo 2 Mods.

Replying to JeffS hey I have ES mod and I continue to get a c00000005 error or other eros everytime I get to catacombs lvl 3. And if you have any mods that work my yahoo.Msg is mdai_17@yahoo.Com msg me . Would love to play over tcp/ip always looking for new mods.

-reply by Justin

item and rune drop modDiablo 2 Mods.

Does anyone have or know of a drop mod that just doubles or triples rare, set, unique and rune drops? I have a private bnet server playing D2 1.12 with friends and all we want is the drop rates for everything increase so we have a better chance of getting good gear with low population. Seriously, does anyone know how to do this or know of a mod that does this? All I find are stupid drop mods that drop a unique or hr ever single kill, comeone we just want something realistic. Thanks

-question by fear1

Best Diablo 2 Mod private realm serverDiablo 2 Mods.

Check out TempleofZakarum.Com

The best D2 Private server realm on the net hosting Apocalypse Mod and Pandemonium.

Apocalypse is for 1.11b with a lots of features and pandemonium is just like battle.Net with better drops and bigger inventory size and stash size.

Temple of Zakarum's goal was to create an environment that was built on respect, friendship, honor and is a family friendly environment for the young through to the mature gamer. If this is the what you have been looking for, you have found the community of your dreams. They've been around since 2003.

Free from cheaters and scammers, they allow maphack but not other hacks.

-reply by Temple of Zakarum

Hello,

Yeah, there are still a dozen mods on the net you just have to look for them. And there are many whom play them as well. :)

Me myself played Ancestrall Recall (full mod, some skill modifications, different monsters, no dungeon has level 1-2-etc, you just get to the bottom, BUT all these levels are chained in a single, really hard dungeon, with a surprise boss at the bottom :), new reciepes, etc etc)

Ancients (kinda full mod, with different skills, I can't really remember what it does, but it should be fun...)

Retro (as I remember, no major mods, just harder)

And now I'm playing Battle for Elements. It's a full mod, new maps (graphically) and like Andariel should be summoned from a book, harder enemies, new, hell good reciepes (extract the properties from a weapon and put it into a socket of another weapon... Ow and... Socket with socketer components, just buy as many as you want from a vendor, and put as many as you want into your expanded horadric cube (limits are maximum 6 or the dimensions of the item). So you can put together really powerful items. Just imagine a set of high level stuff max socketed, with extracted unique items... (I have some :)) And many more! Although it is a hard mod... Have you ever died in D2 by a fireball spitting chest? :o Or were beaten with a single hit (I have paladin, about 1000 HP, 2000 if enhanced with a vitality potion, and my death was caused by a hell bovine minion of Cow Queen).

I was looking for a mod which is like diablo 1! Happy to hear about Back to Hellfire! :)

-reply by Coyote