xisto Community
da96

Ipod, Creative Zen, Or Iriver?

I think all three brands are good at producing quality music but iPod is not a practical buy! It's quite expensive.. whereas, creative and iriver will give you a lower price with MORE features!!!!

I do not know what is IRiver because I have not used it before. I am currently using Creative. I am not a picky person with regards to selecting an MP3 player, as long as there is a lot of space and not faulty, I would be satisfied. Of course I go for a cheaper package. Although I am a firm supporter of Apple products, I am not going to support IPod though, you are paying more for its design rather than its actual technical specifications. So for me, unless you have so much spare cash on your hand that you want to waste on a better looking MP3 player, it is not recommended to get an IPod.

I do not know what is IRiver because I have not used it before. I am currently using Creative. I am not a picky person with regards to selecting an MP3 player, as long as there is a lot of space and not faulty, I would be satisfied. Of course I go for a cheaper package. Although I am a firm supporter of Apple products, I am not going to support IPod though, you are paying more for its design rather than its actual technical specifications. So for me, unless you have so much spare cash on your hand that you want to waste on a better looking MP3 player, it is not recommended to get an IPod.

Wait for Microsoft to launch Zune.. its going to kill these three players.. it has wifi and can stream music from one unit to another! http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Zune looks pretty impressive but I am sure when the new features are released, Apple and Creative would do something about it for sure. Perhaps release a new feature which could match up to Zune's WiFi. However I want to understand something: Other than this WiFi feature, I do not see Zune offering anything significant as compared to the other MP3 players. From what I understand about WiFi, it is used to connect a device onto a network for internet access. But how are you able to connect to a network using a MP3 player? And streaming music from 1 unit to another? Does this make use of the WiFi feature?

Of couse the IPOD is the best MP3 player. With so many different designs and accesorieds to choose fro, you cannot go wrong with an IPOD. Even though it may cost much more then a ZEn or IRIVEr, it's worth the extra bucks to get the best gadget around!

iPods are great. They're probably the best Mp3 player out there. Anybody who says iPods suck just because everyone has them are just upset that they don't have one, or they've never actually tried using one. There's a reason they're so popular. With an 80GB harddrive, audiobooks, music, photos, videos, and podcast capabilities, and a 20 hour battery life, most other players on the market today can't beat that. And anyway, some of the other flash Mp3 players are ugly or hard to use. At least the iPod has the clickwheel which means you can easily scroll through thousands of songs or whatever else you have. And plus, with the Zune that's supposedly the "iPod Killer," you only get a 30GB harddrive. This means that if you have a lot of media files like video and music, you won't have enough storage space. My 80GB iPod is already 30GB full, so the Zune wouldn't be for me. And I'm not a big fan of the way it looks, either.

Edited by brandon10092 (see edit history)

hehe i like the zune, sure its abit bigger and some of the features arent up to par with ipod but hey the screen is waay bigger and its compatible with more stuff ;3for now, my phone is still sufficient for music and videos xD but i'm sure i'll get teh urge to get a proper mp3 someday... much rather, when i have enough money to spare ;o

I have been looking at MP3 players recently as I am buying one for my sister. Ipods seemed a lot more expensive for what you got compared to the Zen, which leads me to suspect you are paying for the brand as well as the hardware :)

At least the iPod has the clickwheel which means you can easily scroll through thousands of songs or whatever else you have.

IPOD was sewed by Creative for stealing their design :)

Although having said that, apparently the Creative joystick is quite hard to get the hang of.

I bought an iriver u10 and I am almost totally satisfied with it. The list of features is mind-boggling, and the color screen is sharp. The batterylasts more han 20 hours for music, and about 4.5 hours for video. The device itself is so small, about half the size of the video iPod. The few gripes I have about it are:-Video is difficult to convert with the recommended iriverter software-The voice recording is weird - the mic is very sensitive to bumps and taps to the player-The interface can be a bit slow, say between pressing a button and the screen going back on, or going from menu to menu.

I've read about this Zune and it might not be better than the others (I guess it's better) however it will certainly decrease the others products prices... As everyone know those mp3/mp4 players are really expensive...That's why I wanna ask you guys one thing:Why don't you buy a Mp3 Player like foston instead of an IPod... Of course, if you intend to buy a 40gb Ipod you won't find it on a fosto MP3... However there are also mp4 players much cheapers than those ipods which can handle up to 2gb with a 2.0 screensize...

All of these are good.... Very good. Ipod was good choice, but in a last few series they have set a loudness limiter... Ipod is not loud like before. Creative... Good, better than Ipod, but not good enought for me!!!Iriver... I heard it, seen it and I like it! It provides a best sound for normal price... Design is WoW, and sound WoWoW! So what should I say. Iriver is a favorite by my opinion...

@berakd"but in a last few series they have set a loudness limiter"There is a special reason for it.. Apple was going to be processed because of it's ipod loud... Which is above the maximum accepted... I don't like to hear music loudy because I fear becoming deaf... however many people don't really care about it and use the ipod at the maximum when it's not needed to...

yes ipod prices are a little too expensive. but they also can hold more songs and some are video ones. i just got the new ipod nane (blue) on Monday.i havent got a chance to put many songs on it yet but i like it alot. i have never gotten any other type of mp3 before but they probably arent too bad of quality either. it mostly depends on the kind of person, what they like, and how much money they have.