xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Herb

Tetris (all Types) This thread is for any and every Tetris fan out there

Tetris DX (GBC) is my favorite by far. It was actually the first game I ever owned for my gameboy, so that may have something to do with my everlasting connection to it.This is one of the few games I can get my non gamer friends to play. I suppose because it's a puzzle game it's a lot more fun for them than RPGs, but I've tried letting them play other puzzle games on console/pc and they don't seem to enjoy it as much as Tetris.

My favorite version of the more traditional tetris would have to be tetrinet because it allowed for so many people to play against each other and I always think that a good game that can incorportate multiplayers proper just gets exponentially better. But if u could all games that have the word tetris in it I would most definately have to say that my favorite would be Tetris Attack because to me it is the best mix of puzzle, simple reflexes, and action. Once to get to idea of how to do chains (the blocks falling into place so they clear immediately one after another) then the game gets really exciting and I just could stop playing, trying to improve myself. I think the game is about 11 years old now and I still play it all the time!

I beat Tetris once >_>
Well, sort of. Tetris Plus for GB has a puzzle mode I beat. It's 100 levels long and you have to get rid of enough blocks to let a 2x2 guy fall to the bottom. I wish I hadn't reset that >_< some of the levels (esp. every 18-20 -- it was in 5 sets) were really hard.

I did that, too. It took forever. There was this option on the menu after I beat it that I pressed, thinking that I would be able to access a level select or something. It reset my whole achievement ;_;

yea it is a amazing game. But i really dont like the fact that you can never ever beat it becuase it will just go on and on. The should really add some features to it and make it in a gamepack of games for gamecube or ps2 or something like that. But i really also like playing how it is now.

I personally don't see how anyone can't like tetris. It's like the all time most addicting game ever and yet it's soooo good that even with its simple outdated 2d graphics it sells millions of copies every year in a whole bunch of different forms. It works really well on all platforms, right now I really like the version of tetris on my cell phone, passes the time real well.

I love tetris, I have the original for the NES still. Plus I bought Tetris DS on launch day, it's just so great, and it's just a perfect game. But I hope they never and I mean never make tetris 3d. Perhaps 2D tetris with 3d graphics, but don't make it a actual 3D game. And the music is the best. It's on par with Ragnarok Online and Guilty Gear music.

I suggest this

http://epictetrismusic.ytmnd.com/

Truely an epic tetris remix

whoops...too late! they already made at least one 3d tetris, although I don't remember what it was called, but I think it might have been on linux. it was an overhead view, and you had an extra side view of the piece or something...it was really weird and confusing

I used to love Tetris, it was one of the first ever games I can remember playing. When I was young, I can remember lining up all of the tiles so that there was one long line. This line then exploded and points were added to your score.There have been many games which have recreated pretty much the same game but with different kinds of tiles, different game name etc. I believe there are a few shockwave tetris games out there (I think the Arcade this site used to have included one of these shockwave games).It's a shame Tetris isn't as popular nowadays, or doesn't appear to be. Maybe it would get more popular if a modern and addictive tetris game was to be released. It would be nice to bring back the original games, the games that were out long before modern internet games.

I play Tetris occasionally when I'm bored at school and have nothing else to do. Its really common on online game sites so I figure I might as well. Also its pretty fun, I don't think I have it for any game platforms though.

I used to play Tetris all the time - back when the NES version was still THE Tetris game to play :lol:However: I have not come anywhere close to beating any version. I'm not that good :DBut I know one woman who did beat the NES version. She took a picture of the TV screen and everything. Back then, I was a kid and was friends with her son, who was my age. So it was a little weird because somebody's Mom was better at video games than we were. (She could beat just about any NES or SNES game out there - couldn't play newer systems because they gave her headaches for some weird reason.)

i started playing tetris when i was 4! lol I still play tetris now :) on my DS lite atleast. and i love how on Tetris DS you can go wifi and play people all over the world! its fun hahah and i randomly go against tons of japanese people! but o.o i still win lol does that make me a dork? hmmmSomeone should Host a tetris tournament lmao cause if there was one i would enter that tourny without a thought in my mind hah.

Help with Tetris MusicTetris (all Types)

Can someone please help mewith this query...Quite a few years ago,Shockwave had a Tetris game that I enjoyed so much because of the ever changing music and backgrounds.  I could listen to the music for hours and not get bored.  Problem is is that Shockwave no longer carries said game and I can't seem to find it or the music to it ANYWHERE.  Please if someone knows what it is that I am asking about, let me know.  I would appreiciate it very much.  Thank you in advance.

-question by Chocoritz

Tetris right now is my favorite game! I first started when I read an article on how it makes people think more logically so I decided to try play Tetris again for the first time in years. What happened? I got addicted! It is so much fun. You can find me on tetrisfriends.com under the name "NeoTR4N". I just recently beat my high score at Sprint (clearing 40 lines as fast as you can). I cleared 40 lines at 1:47 which I think is decent (90%ile). I also love facing other people at tetris. I average about 55 pieces a second so I can send 10 garbage lines within the first 30 seconds. If the other person is better, it becomes more fun. The adrenaline increases my speed hence making the game last longer. It is really fun to see how you almost die, and then start to win. I can take out my friends within 30 seconds to a minute. Oh Jeez. I am such a nerd :)

Tetris is a classic. It's one of the most well designed puzzle games ever, and a good portion of today's puzzle games are at least partially inspired by Tetris. Tetris is highly addictive and can keep players captive for hours without boring them to tears. It's been remade so many times, but there really isn't much you can do to Tetris to make it any better than it already is. In short, Tetris rocks, go play it!