xisto Community
Noferura

My Concept Artwork sketches/studies/lineart etc.

I'm a varied artist, but in general I draw/paint anime or fantasy art. Nevertheless I make a lot of realistic artwork, because I want to improve my style. Now I want to improve in drawing muscles and become better in drawing faces.

I made this study in maybe 30 minutes. Tell me what do you think about it and I would appreciate constructive criticism :). Maybe you can guess what was my reference? It was a very famous piece.

Posted Image

Heck yes that is pretty awsome i could never do something like that. I'm no art critic but I think that is freakin' Awsome so keep doin what your doin and good job :)

It's a nice sketch. Much better than I can sketch. You're noticing all of the right things about the anatomy; musculature, subtle curves, and the like.A few critical points: the line indicating the spine seems a little too far to the left and the spatial relationship between the arm and the shoulder blade seems slightly skewed.With a little refinement and smoother shadowing, this could be top-notch work.

I think it's really nice. Thousands of times better than I'll be able to do in my whole lifetime. Nice capturing of the muscles, and the shading is good too. Keep it up, you could become the next Van Gough :) (please excuse my spelling).

It's good....but you should know that. You want a critique, then spend more time and care on shading but even that's a stretch. Not sure but you should post more and i might give an indication of your style. Would be easier to say what it is you should be working on.
round

Very good it seems greek style (the hair), it's awesome but i prefer to draw realistic cartoons :). Anyway, his ear looks weird but its a really nice picture.

First I want to thank everyone for the comments, I didn't expected so many answers :lol:.

I have done this by hand with two different pencils (HB and 7B, the second one is a very soft pencil) and like Good Grief Graphics said the back isn't flat. This feature in the middle of his back should adumbrate a 'curvature'.

Thank you for all suggestions I will try to make it better the next time. And yes, greek is a good keyword, this sketch shows an Ignudi and these are twelf men, which are a part of the fresco in the Sixtina. Michelangelo made it. And round, I would really be pleased if you could give me an indication of my style.

Eve

So here is the next piece. Initial it was a part of the fresco, too (it is Eves face). But later I decided to change it a bit, so the hair is different. I made this one with a HB pencil and a black colored pencil. I have tried to improve the shading here.

Posted Image