xisto Community
manuleka

Msi Hd 7850 To Tv Through Av (Composite)

so i'm wanting to connect my PC to an old TV (no VGA/HDMI input) with AV input (Composite)... now my video card only has DVI and 3xDisplay Port (1 DP + 2 miniDP)at the moment i have two VGA LCDs running of the 2 miniDP with help of miniDP to VGA converters... i also can find online VGA to TV/RCA converters would adding this VGA to TV/Composite converter be enough?

PC to old TV, more information on the TV, although should not be a problem, resolution could affect it.What ports are free on you MSI HD7850 graphics card? DVI and the DP?The combination I would try is:DVI to VGA then VGA to S-Video RCAThe price for all this, should be around NZ$10.Whether this would work, I am unsure, but price wise it's worth the trial.Cheers,MC

thanks MC i will head that direction... on trademe i can grab hold of a VGA to S-Video RCA for around $8 shipment inclusivei already have DP to VGA, miniDP to VGA, and DVI to VGA adaptersi'm currently using the two miniDP, so i will try out the available ports and see if it will work :) cheers

Edited by manuleka (see edit history)